Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with some sense. Good post.

It seems as if changing the manager after a run of 7/8 poor results is the norm amongst fans nowadays as well.

We all know there are impatient chairmen. This club needs to continue with the stability and infrastructure being built by Nigel. You can't abandon ship when the going gets a little tough.

Why are there claims that the recent performances is how we truly play and the first five was just a one off run? Maybe it's the other way round.

People need to have a chance to learn and get better and develop their skills. Would you like it if you were performing in your new job, which was a step up from your previous one and 3 months into it your job is at risk? If that was the case most people would be out of a job.
It's funny that you say he has sense then pretty much go against everything he believs! Made me chuckle anyway.

I know from inside sources at palarse that Pulis is a complete head-case. This might not question his results, but perhaps after time it becomes apparent that the man is a bit of a loon.

For me, I want nothing more than 3 points against Liverpool and for NP to turn the season around. I'm stupid enough to believe we may get 4 points from our next two matches and that would see us probably out of the relegation places.

We played OK against Sunderland and by all accounts actually well yesterday.

Fair play, Da Laet was dreadful, make that change NP. I'm also not convinced Was is better than Moore, but there we are.

Come on you blue boys.

I know from inside sources at palarse that Pulis is a complete head-case. This might not question his results, but perhaps after time it becomes apparent that the man is a bit of a loon.

For me, I want nothing more than 3 points against Liverpool and for NP to turn the season around. I'm stupid enough to believe we may get 4 points from our next two matches and that would see us probably out of the relegation places.

We played OK against Sunderland and by all accounts actually well yesterday.

Fair play, Da Laet was dreadful, make that change NP. I'm also not convinced Was is better than Moore, but there we are.

Come on you blue boys.

Was may be be better but he's no worse and I would imagine has broader shoulders to handle the pressure right now, especially with Moore being home grown.

I love being a Leicester supporter.

Never have to be bored with mid-table mediocrity.

but is he really one of the best? Really?

Of course he's not. As a person/personality, I've got a feeling that he'd piss me off even more than NP does. But I'm not advocating his employment for my benefit.

The fact is that I am completely convinced that my football club is in desperate need of exactly the type of manager that Pulis is. If it came out that Pulis had no interest in the job, I'd rather stick with NP than any of the dreary old alternatives. But we need someone to establish us in the Premier League and he's the current master for the likes of us. And he's sitting on his arse desperate for a job. And NP is getting more and more distanced from reality by the day. And we're sinking fast.

Although I am well aware that it is utterly impossible for anyone to ever win a football argument, I really struggle with people not getting this. It's such a no-brainer to me.

Of course he's not. As a person/personality, I've got a feeling that he'd piss me off even more than NP does. But I'm not advocating his employment for my benefit.

The fact is that I am completely convinced that my football club is in desperate need of exactly the type of manager that Pulis is. If it came out that Pulis had no interest in the job, I'd rather stick with NP than any of the dreary old alternatives. But we need someone to establish us in the Premier League and he's the current master for the likes of us. And he's sitting on his arse desperate for a job. And NP is getting more and more distanced from reality by the day. And we're sinking fast.

Although I am well aware that it is utterly impossible for anyone to ever win a football argument, I really struggle with people not getting this. It's such a no-brainer to me.

The key words.

The more I think about our past and future the more I come down on one particular side of the fence.

I have no feelings either for or against NP. The facts of what he has achieved for this club speak louder than any paragraphs I can put together to explain and detail this.

In the Championship not too long ago we recruited (at the time) a manager whom most posters on here thought we would never attract to our humble yet exciting club - no less than Sven, ex England manager and successful ex club manager (debatable). Sven was rightly so hailed as our saviour - perhaps in part due to the fact that Leicester generally attract nothing more exciting than the remains of Richard iii.

Well, you know what the grass is not always greener on the other side and who is to say any other manager would have achieved more over his current or future tenure than NP?

He has banked (with me) the right to continue as our manager for at least this season and the next one no matter what division we reside in.

I only hope our owners loyalty matches their vision. Come on NP turn this around.

Tony Pulis FFS

Holy Sweet Baby Jebus, it has come to extoling the many amazing and wondrous virtues of Tony Pulis

A new low for Talkng Balls

I love being a Leicester supporter.

Never have to be bored with mid-table mediocrity.
Where were you between 2004 and 2007?
Tony Pulis FFS

Holy Sweet Baby Jebus, it has come to extoling the many amazing and wondrous virtues of Tony Pulis

Joe_Fox's first post, Talking Balls Awards every single year, Prediction League, Steven becoming a mod, Joe_Fox draws system, Paul Ince, enderby fox wanking on a bus. Come on, homer. This is nowhere near the lowest point.

Where were you between 2004 and 2007?

Joe_Fox's first post, Talking Balls Awards every single year, Prediction League, Steven becoming a mod, Joe_Fox draws system, Paul Ince, enderby fox wanking on a bus. Come on, homer. This is nowhere near the lowest point.
We're all drama queens.

homer is just a bigger queen than the rest of us.

Last edited:

:081::038:

I'm also not convinced Was is better than Moore, but there we are.

I wonder if Moore is being excluded because of his disciplinary record. He knows that he is one booking off a suspension and may not be able to play his normal game with this on his mind. It might also be of concern the effect that a suspension might have on his confidence.

I am well aware that it is utterly impossible for anyone to ever win a football argument, I really struggle with people not getting this. It's such a no-brainer to me. And NP is getting more and more distanced from reality by the day.

Well somebody certainly is. I'm not convinced it's Nigel Pearson though.

OY!! I like to think of my version of the Prediction League as being one of the high points!

He has banked (with me) the right to continue as our manager for at least this season and the next one no matter what division we reside in.

I only hope our owners loyalty matches their vision. Come on NP turn this around.

I, believe it or not, am not convinced that now is the time to change manager (although, I will not pretend to be a Pearsonite); however, this part of your argument - and you are not alone in voicing it - puzzles me greatly. Are you also criticising the club for bringing Ulloa in, replacing Nugent as our front line striker? He scored 20+ goals to get us up: does he deserve this 'loyalty'? And, do you think that Manchester United, Chelsea or any of the 'top' clubs would hesitate for a minute in replacing their manager, if they thought someone better was available?

I am yet to be convinced that there is a manager who could do a better job, in the short term, but if there is, then I want him here as soon as possible. Football is about results, not loyalty.

The key words.

Tony Pulis FFS

Well somebody certainly is. I'm not convinced it's Nigel Pearson though.

Okay, I can see that you're going to take some winning over.

Let me put it like this, if you were to survey 10,000 non-Leicester football fans/pundits with the question, "who would you consider most likely to keep Leicester in the Premier League, Tony Pulis or Nigel Pearson?" how massive would the majority in favour of Pulis be? I'd guess 90% would go for Pulis. As an experiment today, ask your non-City supporting friends and colleagues and see what they say.

If you were to ask bookies to give odds on us going down with NP (currently 5/4) or Pulis, wouldn't you expect a sharp improvement in our predicted fortunes? Our odds on going down would widen significantly overnight. Why do you think this is?

The only reason to stick with NP is through a nostalgic sense of duty.

If you're happy for us to get relegated this season, so be it. But if you have any aspiration for us retaining our status, you're the ones losing your grip on reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669