Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last moan for now... for those that genuinely want Pearson out and fancy chancing our arm with a new manager, here's a sobering list for you

I'm not advocating chancing our arm. We are chancing our arm right now with a completely untried, untested and unproven Premier League manager. I'm advocating one specific person that has proved to be the complete opposite to this.

TP always delivers exactly what we need at this exact point in our development. It couldn't be a partnership that is more perfect.

Last edited:
All managers have strengths and weaknesses and Pearson is no exception. He did so astonishingly well last season that he deserves to be supported in trying to get the team back on track. But there is no question that we are in difficulty. Currently, no matter who are the opposition they appear tactically smarter.

I doubt if anyone on this forum is sufficiently technically expert (or knows the players to the level needed) to advise Pearson on formations.

My guess is that he simply doesn't have the depth of quality in the squad to sustain the sort of performances of the start of the season. Also, the probability is that we lack a player(s) going forward from midfield with the ability to unlock defences at this level - also it is a common experience for issues to arise when players are asked to change their roles.

Difficult.

Good debate, BN, all good points, not all of which I agree with, but valid nonetheless.

There is no dispute that our set pieces are shit...that's as plain as day.

It's also strange re: Pearsons comments on tactics. I distinctly remember him saying early in the year: "we might as well attack and give it a go"...yet in the last few weeks his approach and comments have been at odds with that. Strange really.

It's also strange re: Pearsons comments on tactics. I distinctly remember him saying early in the year: "we might as well attack and give it a go"...yet in the last few weeks his approach and comments have been at odds with that. Strange really.
It's funny. Was watching the Longest Day(again) recently and the Allies did something similar.

Strange, really?

Last edited:
Those wanting Pearson out are wrong. End of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will you say the same if he doesnt pick mahrez next weekend and we lose ?? infact, given that mahrez will be knackered, he probably will pick him to try and prove a point that he isn't up to it !!

will you say the same if he doesnt pick mahrez next weekend and we lose ?? infact, given that mahrez will be knackered, he probably will pick him to try and prove a point that he isn't up to it !!

Is Mahrez a new saviour that I missed? Did nobody else see his performances before he was dropped?

Is Mahrez a new saviour that I missed? Did nobody else see his performances before he was dropped?

Yes, he played pretty well in some, poor in others. Fairly decent overall, and particularly creative/threatening at some points

But I think we've all seen the utterly woeful shite that the rest of the team has managed to serve up without him

Yes, he played pretty well in some, poor in others. Fairly decent overall, and particularly creative/threatening at some points

But I think we've all seen the utterly woeful shite that the rest of the team has managed to serve up without him

So what happens if he starts and plays awfully? Do we sack Pearson then as well?

What tires me is listening to Pearson being an utter **** whenever he talks to Stringer.

He may have **** all respect for the journalist - but Stringer is simply a conduit to the supporters. This increasingly petulant attitude displays nothing but contempt for everyone who isn't Nigel Pearson.

It was one thing while he was just making the interview difficult for Stringer, but he's moved to a new level of rudeness. It's not entertaining, it's not informative, it's just being a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669