Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked and disappointed however really cannot blame the board if the parting has come as a direct consequence of sacking Pearson Jnr, just a shame it appears it isn't for footballing reasons.

Massive decision for the club now as to who comes in to try and move the club forward, I am hoping for Cambiasso as Manager with Shakey, Steve Walsh Senior and Super Kev as his back room team, at least provide some much neede continuity.

Grow up, you don't know the background to this, it obviously wasn't an easy decision
No growing up needed but thanks for the patronising twaddle. I was looking forward to next season, I'm now not. I can't see why I'd waste money on another season of building or fighting relegation with somebody like Allerdyce in charge. You may have money to piss up the wall supporting a manager you don't like, not all of us do.

You have to applaud AND support the owners integrity if nothing else

My main concern is the impact this will have on morale. Those players gave it everything for Nige, signed long term deals because of him. There's going to be a lot of pissed off individuals

Depends who comes in. Ultimately, I am gutted as I believe Nigel Pearson is one of the best managers we have ever had. Let's hope the owners now choose very wisely and we continue an upward trajectory. God, that's a bit bloody obvs.

My main concern is the impact this will have on morale. Those players gave it everything for Nige, signed long term deals because of him. There's going to be a lot of pissed off individuals

The same as in any business but this will hopefully be placated by the quality of his replacement.

I can just see certain players not reaching the same heights as they did under Nige - RDL, Vardy, Drinkwater, Schlupp, mahrez etc - and most of them are on long term contracts and could become more of a burden than an asset

Absolutely gutted, like others worry about what will happen to the squad and what on earth does this mean about the transfer activity to date? Surely the owners knew this was a possibility, but sanctioned the signings so far? Odd.

I was gutted when NP was sacked in March but accepted it as pretty inevitable. Now I'm just stunned.

Try
No growing up needed but thanks for the patronising twaddle. I was looking forward to next season, I'm now not. I can't see why I'd waste money on another season of building or fighting relegation with somebody like Allerdyce in charge. You may have money to piss up the wall supporting a manager you don't like, not all of us do.

Try having some loyalty for the owners who have bankrolled Pearson etc

The thought that you would purchase something you cant afford for Nigel Pearson is outrageous, he couldn't give a shit about you.

Who knows who will come in, ill support my team and our owners next season, they deserve it.

Not entirely convinced Pearson had a lot to do with the recent signings.

Rudkin taking that role might be indicative of a change in direction re: transfers.

Says
I can just see certain players not reaching the same heights as they did under Nige - RDL, Vardy, Drinkwater, Schlupp, mahrez etc - and most of them are on long term contracts and could become more of a burden than an asset

Says plenty about them as players then

Try

Try having some loyalty for the owners who have bankrolled Pearson etc

The thought that you would purchase something you cant afford for Nigel Pearson is outrageous, he couldn't give a shit about you.

Who knows who will come in, ill support my team and our owners next season, they deserve it.

Pithy.

Not entirely convinced Pearson had a lot to do with the recent signings.

Rudkin taking that role might be indicative of a change in direction re: transfers.
I'm inclined to agree. ..how do we know he wasn't put on gardening leave on return from Thailand?

I will take Michael Laudrup of all the names mentioned.....most of the other names mentioned scare me. He is out of contract and available - seems like he would be a good choice to move things forward

Potentially a brilliant and brave decision by the owners.

For those who appear to support Nigel Pearson rather than Leicester City, you can feck off with him. If, as reported, he disagreed with the sacking of his son, he chose to be the moron yet again and make his position untenable. What exactly could he say in his first press conference back next week? I back the owners here 100%.

I am grateful for NPs achievements as manager, of which there have been plenty. But he is replaceable and we can move onwards and upwards without him.

Ultimately, the success of this decision will stand or fall by the merits and achievements of his replacement. If the owners can be ambitious and clever, today could be looked upon as a great day in our history. Or we could recruit the equivalent of Peter Taylor and feck it all up totally.

I undoubtedly wanted Pearson to stay and I don't think any Leicester fan can deny he deserved a shot at next season.

However, as much as I disagree with the decision, if the relationship between him and the owners has become untenable then obviously it is the correct decision to get rid of NP now.

I hate being on the managerial merry go round, it sucks.

Really worried now! They had better have a decent manager lined up, not like the dross that has been quoted. It is no secret that the board have not liked NP, I am shocked he has done really well for us, he should have at least been given a whole season, wonder if he will appear on radio Leicester in a years time if it all goes tits up! I get the feeling the board and chairman have demanded a top six finish or something, absolutely gutted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669