Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially a brilliant and brave decision by the owners.

For those who appear to support Nigel Pearson rather than Leicester City, you can feck off with him. If, as reported, he disagreed with the sacking of his son, he chose to be the moron yet again and make his position untenable. What exactly could he say in his first press conference back next week? I back the owners here 100%.

I am grateful for NPs achievements as manager, of which there have been plenty. But he is replaceable and we can move onwards and upwards without him.

Ultimately, the success of this decision will stand or fall by the merits and achievements of his replacement. If the owners can be ambitious and clever, today could be looked upon as a great day in our history. Or we could recruit the equivalent of Peter Taylor and feck it all up totally.

Is Pearson not part of the kick racism out of football? Why sack a manager that has stabilised a football club and seen us promoted twice, and stayed up in the PL, just when there was the biggest cash injection from TV revenue n the history of the game?

LAKO, you're in a troll mood tonight. I can afford a season ticket but it's a luxury. At the end of the season I had to weigh up whether I wanted to pay for that luxury. I decided that I liked the way Pearson and the club were heading and so decided it was worth the money. Now, if we get somebody like Dyche or Allardyce, I won't like the way club is heading. Therefore I don't want to spend money on it.

I really can't see what you find so difficult about this. Just as Pearson doesn't give a shit if I pay my money, the club has no right to it regardless of their decisions.

It may turn out that he was sacked for backing his son, which is probably the right thing to do. He may have been sacked for other reasons, we don't know. Even if he was sacked for the former, I wouldn't support the decision to bring in somebody like Allardyce or Dyche and so would still prefer not to spend my money on it.

Is that clear enough?

Potentially a brilliant and brave decision by the owners.

For those who appear to support Nigel Pearson rather than Leicester City, you can feck off with him. If, as reported, he disagreed with the sacking of his son, he chose to be the moron yet again and make his position untenable. What exactly could he say in his first press conference back next week? I back the owners here 100%.

I am grateful for NPs achievements as manager, of which there have been plenty. But he is replaceable and we can move onwards and upwards without him.

Ultimately, the success of this decision will stand or fall by the merits and achievements of his replacement. If the owners can be ambitious and clever, today could be looked upon as a great day in our history. Or we could recruit the equivalent of Peter Taylor and feck it all up totally.

I wouldn't say you and I disagree with each other, but we have differing perspectives on things. However, my post and your post can be read the same way.

Lost all interest in new season now. Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel a season ticket? Serious question.

Oh for pitys sake. The king is dead, long live the king. The club hasn't vanished, just one man.

If he did disagree with the sacking of his son, he's not the man I thought he was. You can't defend that.
Cate, I absolutely agree. with you. That's why I just can't believe that's the reason for the parting of the ways. If Pearson junior were my son I would have booted him out and completely disowned him.

Oh for pitys sake. The king is dad long live the king. The club hasn't vanished, just one man.

Just one man - but I can't remember feeling so bereft since the Doog left - and that's a long time ago. We're not a one-man club - but sometimes one man seems to be so significant that you know you're going to miss him. I hope the owners know what they are doing; I doubt if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669