Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You better not be talking about my daughter! Though, they did spell her/my surname incorrectly.

Certainly not, I actually won it :045: :icon_redf

Nige saved by international break!!(and dodgy penalty)
3 more games should do it.Up the Tigers!!!

Cafe. Get us a coffee love

Re: Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games...

Yes the game has become a total tribal experience rather than a sport. There has always been this element (including tribal violence) to the game but it wasn't as bad many years ago. I would say that the mid 1960's were a stepping stone. I can recall that there was a time when 'star' players in the away were a significant drawing point a classic example would be whether Stanley Matthews would be fit to play when Blackpool were the visitors. I also recall a match in the early 60's when Burnley came to Filbert Street and thrashed us with a footballing exhibition and were warmly and generally applauded off the pitch.

But we're still not playing very well are we?

Very interesting. I think that in the 1950s football was more tribal. A larger proportion of the men in a city would go to a match - fewer women. The men you had gone to school with and the men you worked with would be there. The footballers would often have gone to local schools and most had been at the club most of their career; they lived locally and arrived at the ground on the same bus as the fans.It was the local team.

However, the tribalism was less negative. I seem to remember Puskas playing at Wolves and being cheered. He was arguably the best player in the world and had shortly before destroyed England at Wembley. To have criticized him for being a great footballer would have seemed ridiculous to football fans. About ten years ago Ronaldhino played at The Walkers in a friendly and was boosed -presumably for having played well against England shortly before.

There was an affection toward Matthews as fans laughed at the futile efforts of their local left back to cope with him. It may well be an urban legend but I was told that an Arsenal once had a left back called Dennis Evans who had been given a total runaround by Matthews. In the last minute with the result no longer in doubt Matthews got the ball and Evans just waved him past - a gesture that was cheered by Arsenal fans. It would not happen today.

Nevertheless I think the fans are better now than they were in the 1970s. In 2002 (I think) we played a match with a black referee and at half time a girls football team paraded round. I did not hear a single racist or sexist comment. It is easy to take this for granted but in the 1970s there would have been some very unpleasant words used.

Of course in one way 1970s fans were wiser. When a 1970s fan said Frank Worthington was an excellent striker they showed good judgement. Some of todays fans say the same thing about Beckford :bang:

Very interesting. I think that in the 1950s football was more tribal. A larger proportion of the men in a city would go to a match - fewer women. The men you had gone to school with and the men you worked with would be there. The footballers would often have gone to local schools and most had been at the club most of their career; they lived locally and arrived at the ground on the same bus as the fans.It was the local team. However, the tribalism was less negative. I seem to remember Puskas playing at Wolves and being cheered. He was arguably the best player in the world and had shortly before destroyed England at Wembley. To have criticized him for being a great footballer would have seemed ridiculous to football fans. About ten years ago Ronaldhino played at The Walkers in a friendly and was boosed -presumably for having played well against England shortly before.There was an affection toward Matthews as fans laughed at the futile efforts of their local left back to cope with him. It may well be an urban legend but I was told that an Arsenal once had a left back called Dennis Evans who had been given a total runaround by Matthews. In the last minute with the result no longer in doubt Matthews got the ball and Evans just waved him past - a gesture that was cheered by Arsenal fans. It would not happen today. Nevertheless I think the fans are better now than they were in the 1970s. In 2002 (I think) we played a match with a black referee and at half time a girls football team paraded round. I did not hear a single racist or sexist comment. It is easy to take this for granted but in the 1970s there would have been some very unpleasant words used. Of course in one way 1970s fans were wiser. When a 1970s fan said Frank Worthington was an excellent striker they showed good judgement. Some of todays fans say the same thing about Beckford :bang:
And if Worthington had been playing today some fans would say that he is a lazy w@nker and should feck off to Huddersfield

And if Worthington had been playing today some fans would say that he is a lazy w@nker and should feck off to Huddersfield

I remember a game against Sunderland when Frankie scored both goals in a 2-0 win. Coming out of the ground, I got into a heated debate with a group of "fans" who thought Worthington should be sold as; "he didn't run about enough." Lack of taste is not a new thing.

Just a prediction. This is fecking woeful. You can't be unlucky this much. Perhaps Pearson is just not up to it. Any comments welcome (including ridicule!).

Pearson should never have been sacked and he should never have come back. :icon_conf We can all see he is living on borrowed time. :icon_conf

The funny thing is, he may well have the players at his disposal to turn this around. Unfortunately, he doesn't look like he will play them.

I think the failure to move on a number of players in the transfer window could prove to be the thing that holds the club back this season IMO. It is no secret that Pearson through his own choice or via direction from the owners has been looking to move on several if not most of Svens major signings. The failure to move some on has resulted in a disjointed and demotivated squad and this must be having an impact to morale and cohesion. What we have been left with is a number of players like Beckford, Danns possibly even SSL and Nugent who are expensive and taking up a large section of the budget and have been left with no doubt that they are not wanted here.

I think the failure to move on a number of players in the transfer window could prove to be the thing that holds the club back this season IMO. It is no secret that Pearson through his own choice or via direction from the owners has been looking to move on several if not most of Svens major signings. The failure to move some on has resulted in a disjointed and demotivated squad and this must be having an impact to morale and cohesion. What we have been left with is a number of players like Beckford, Danns possibly even SSL and Nugent who are expensive and taking up a large section of the budget and have been left with no doubt that they are not wanted here.

I'm intrigued why you'd include Nugent in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669