Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson should never have been sacked and he should never have come back. :icon_conf We can all see he is living on borrowed time. :icon_conf

Let's get one thing straight Pearson was never sacked by this club. Things might not have been looking rosy for him and he was given permission to talk to another club, but that does not constitute a dismissal.

He should never have come back though. I don't think he has what it takes to go beyond the Championship and be a successful manager in the Premier League. I can only ever see us reaching the play offs at best with Pearson at the helm. We made a short sighted decision to reappoint him which we now have to live with.

Let's get one thing straight Pearson was never sacked by this club. Things might not have been looking rosy for him and he was given permission to talk to another club, but that does not constitute a dismissal.

He should never have come back though. I don't think he has what it takes to go beyond the Championship and be a successful manager in the Premier League. I can only ever see us reaching the play offs at best with Pearson at the helm. We made a short sighted decision to reappoint him which we now have to live with.

I was with you right up until that last sentence.

I am aware that there are people who still think Nigel Pearson will come good: I disagree, but respect their opinion. What would lead to me tearing out my hair, if I had any, is the argument that we MUST continue with Nigel Pearson, good or bad. If he is not the solution, he is part of the problem.

Well if you're not happy with Pearson, you only have the Birch to blame! our loveable half time comedian is the reason Pearson is here. he stuck his neck out to the owners and said Pearson was the ONLY man for the Job.

Without his Intervention we would of had Lee Clarke. It was his job right unto the 11th hour. Would we be better off?? who knows??

Last edited:
So the owners advisors are Alan Birchenall and Paulo Sousa?

Oh dear.

Well if you're not happy with Pearson, you only have the Birch to blame! our loveable half time comedian is the reason Pearson is here. he stuck his neck out to the owners and said Pearson was the ONLY man for the Job.

Without his Intervention we would of had Lee Clarke. It was his job right unto the 11th hour. Would we be better off?? who knows??

Balderdash.

Don"t worry kingy-after Sunday you will hopefully be rid of the adventurous one and myself.
I do however feel I must see this one through to the end.
Nearly there.

Whats going on ,N,P just cant keep putting the blame on his players,ive been saying it all along ,managers never do it the second time around,to be perfectly honest ,i dont think he knows what to do now ,hes lets class players leave the club ,hes had fallouts with players ,Mills ,St ledger.i dont think Danns is happy bunny,Beckford you can see isnt happy here,so whats going wrong,weve bought a few good players into the side ,but that isnt working .is .N.P useing them right,im sorry i dont think he is ,and as ive said before,i get the feeling that the players dont really want to play for him anymore .how long this goes on we will have to see ,but i cant see the owners putting up with this mess much longer,the point will come when we get a big drop in the gates then things will happen.untill then we just have to put up with it.

I was with you right up until that last sentence.

I am aware that there are people who still think Nigel Pearson will come good: I disagree, but respect their opinion. What would lead to me tearing out my hair, if I had any, is the argument that we MUST continue with Nigel Pearson, good or bad. If he is not the solution, he is part of the problem.

I meant live with in the sense that we can't go back in time and change things. I'm somewhat torn, as to how much time he should be given. He's done nothing to merit being given longer than Sven in terms of moving the club forward. We're pretty much where we were this time last season, arguably slightly worse off. That said, giving him the boot would pretty much write off the season, but then I'd never really marked this to be a successful campaign anyway.

The away record is absolutely woeful and whilst we have a 100% record at home so far, I can't see us creating a fortress at home for the entire season. First team selection seems a mess. Ok we've had some injury problems at the back, but we have no cover and that's Pearson's fault. Especially when he's let several defenders go.

He's also ruined a blossoming strike partnership with Beckofrd and Nugent that was coming together in the second half of last season. They were both on the same wavelength and I was really confident that they would both score plenty of goals. I've got no problems with trying to improve a strikeforce, but it hasn't worked. Vardy looks like a good acquisition but I see him more as an impact sub who can get into defences when they begin to tire in the last half hour and really cause some commotion. The last two games, he seems to have been nullified quite easily. Futacs hasn't been played and was surely a much better option than Waghorn in the last game.

If Knockaert doesn't start against Burnley tomorrow, I'll be convinced that Pearson hasn't got a clue.

The dissolution of the Nugent-Beckford partnership, coupled with the insistence on playing Dyer have been two rather large oversights.

Whats going on ,N,P just cant keep putting the blame on his players,ive been saying it all along ,managers never do it the second time around,to be perfectly honest ,i dont think he knows what to do now ,hes lets class players leave the club ,hes had fallouts with players ,Mills ,St ledger.i dont think Danns is happy bunny,Beckford you can see isnt happy here,so whats going wrong,weve bought a few good players into the side ,but that isnt working .is .N.P useing them right,im sorry i dont think he is ,and as ive said before,i get the feeling that the players dont really want to play for him anymore .how long this goes on we will have to see ,but i cant see the owners putting up with this mess much longer,the point will come when we get a big drop in the gates then things will happen.untill then we just have to put up with it.

I'd probably add Konchesky to the list of players he's fell out with. Seeing as we pulled out of the Beckford loan move at the very last minute, makes me think that the owners said no. Strikeforce definitely needs shaking up on Tuesday. It can't be Vardy and Nugent.

Just a prediction. This is fecking woeful. You can't be unlucky this much. Perhaps Pearson is just not up to it. Any comments welcome (including ridicule!).

IF Nigel Pearson doesn't get at least four points from the next two home games, I could see this happening - and I will be extremely impressed by your prediction skills. You wouldn't want to PM me the lottery numbers for Saturday?

I might be going crazy but I thought we had only played 5 games?

The NP guide to goal scoring success

Premiership experienced striker - Out

Non league experienced striker - In

----------------------------------------

Established and blossoming partnership - Out

Unestablished and mismatched partnership - In

Seems destined for success, I cannot pick the holes in it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669