Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly, I felt much more optimistic when Paulo Sousa and Sven were being appointed.

The current list of names are all horrifically bad, and I can only see one outcome at present for the end of this season.

I'll also bet that whoever it is doesn't last past Christmas.
Big Sam from Christmas then.

Bound to be Lennon.

Champions League experience = we are massively ambitious

Neil Lennon only success as a Manager came at Celtic, where he had no opposition in the league. Qualifying for Europe and the league title were a stick on. His attitude off the field generated a lot of nasty religious bigotry much of which was directed at him personally . If the owners are looking for a Manager to take the Club forward, Lennon is not the man, he simply does not have the track record on or off the pitch.

Neil Lennon only success as a Manager came at Celtic, where he had no opposition in the league. Qualifying for Europe and the league title were a stick on. His attitude off the field generated a lot of nasty religious bigotry much of which was directed at him personally . If the owners are looking for a Manager to take the Club forward, Lennon is not the man, he simply does not have the track record on or off the pitch.
I'm pretty sure that it was the nasty religious bigots who generated the nasty religious bigotry.

Still don't want him though, nowhere near the standard.

I can hear, just, the whimper of mediocrity Championship nonsense... Actually, I smell it.
I will only have a faint whiff of it this year. A dab behind the ears if you will.

Been ten years since I aint bought a season ticket. Will be picking and choosing maybe 3 or 4 games this time around.
I have spent the money on a kayak and driving lessons for my daughter instead.

Sky can feck off too. Free soccer on BT Sport only.

Dyche is the only likely candidate if you can tempt him from Burnley.You are the biggest club likely to offer him the chance to prove himself

Not overly keen on Lennon.

Yes, he was a great player for us, but his team's seem so dour and his record is hardly insprining. When you see some of the signings he made for Bolton - a 37 year-old Eider Gudjonsson and a 36 year-old Emile Heakey, he doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who'd build young exciting sides over the long-term like Pearson did.

If he wasn't Neil Lennon and wasn't a great player for us but had the same record, I think he'd be well down the list of candidates.

Agree. Take the name away and not much there to inspire confidence.

Dyche clearly is an able manager, considering the resources he had he did very well to make Burnley even vaguely competitive last season and to run us close for the Championship the year before. I've not seen enough of his team to have a feel for his tactics or his eye for a transfer, but compared to the other likely candidates given the ridiculous position the club is in he's probably one of the best shouts.

Can't stand his horrible gravel-gargling voice though.

I'm sorry to say this, but MON is the only man capable of and the only man who is man enough to command the respect of the staunch Pearson loving players.

Might as well have a laugh

Certainly worth a few quid for first manager to get the boot if he does get the job.

All the work Nigel has done with sports science etc.. And now, I fear, we may be back to blue flowers and a bloody blog..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669