Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Twitter talk, but the Guus rumours appear to be gathering momentum. Talks of him meeting club officials in London tomorrow.

I live in London, so will keep you all updated tomorrow...

You shouold be camped outside now, you slacker.

Hiddink has done well practically everywhere he has been, the Chelsea fans wanted him to stay on when he was there not so long ago. Would be a bit of a coup if you ask me.

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment and might just persuade Cambiassio to sign up again, maybe even a chance of grooming him to succeed him in a couple of years, also might be an opportunity to retain Shakey and Steve Walsh Snr.

Given Hiddink resigned then within a day Pearson is given the sack would suggest there was a plan.

I notice the owners have come in for considerable criticism for there handling of this situation, however not many have dared to question how Pearson's behaviour may have contributed to this situation, and I was as shocked and disappointed as most, but I really think he is far from an innocent victim in this.

What ****ing shambolic collection of names that produces zero inspiration. Out of the front runners I can only foresee Dyche offering a chance of continuity and premier league safety.

I seriously hope the Thais pull something incredible off or manage to unearth some sort of hidden gem from the lower leagues, though I seriously doubt it. Personally I'd offer Eddie Howe a deal he can't refuse.

Howe can't work outside Dorset.It's some sort of genetic condition or something.

I'd imagine the new man whoever it may be will want his own backroom staff. Shakey and Walsh Snr. seem pretty loyal to Pearson and follow him just about everywhere so would be surprised although pretty happy if they stayed.

Dyche is a Championship manager & always will be.Wouldn't have a clue how to manage a Prem budget & certainly wouldn't attract the right players.Cambiasso I'm sure will make a fine manager in the future,seems to have all the attributes.But this is not the time to be taking speculative punts on the unknown.I don't want to be listening to an interview in 10 years time after he guides Inter to the Champion's League where he says "The mistakes I made in my first job at Leicester taught me a lot" Lennon can **** right off.He stumbled through the season with Bolton & won a pub league in Scotland.My gran could win the SPL with Celtic & she's been dead for 35 years.

Allardyce? Uninspiring but could at least consolidate us short-term while we wait for better options to become available.

Hiddink? OK...past his sell-by date but taking off the blue tinted specs I have to acknowledge that we're a lower level than he's previously worked at so it may not matter & again it'd be a short-term saver.

The rest can suck my balls unless there's a super-secret option the board have had up their sleeve all along.

I'd be happy with any of Hiddink, Klopp, Howe, Allardyce. Anything else would be a step backwards IMO. Whether or not any of them would come is for the owners to sort out.

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment and I would be very pleased with that. First name that I suggested ;)

If Pearson leaving means we get Hiddink, I'd be happy about the situation.

Still think it's optimistic though!

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment and I would be very pleased with that. First name that I suggested ;)

If Pearson leaving means we get Hiddink, I'd be happy about the situation.

Still think it's optimistic though!

I'm not so sure.At his age it'll be his last contract most likely.It's likely to be generous & it's in the Prem which is about the only thing missing from his CV (other than 5 minutes at Chelsea)

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment and might just persuade Cambiassio to sign up again, maybe even a chance of grooming him to succeed him in a couple of years, also might be an opportunity to retain Shakey and Steve Walsh Snr.

Given Hiddink resigned then within a day Pearson is given the sack would suggest there was a plan.

I notice the owners have come in for considerable criticism for there handling of this situation, however not many have dared to question how Pearson's behaviour may have contributed to this situation, and I was as shocked and disappointed as most, but I really think he is far from an innocent victim in this.
Have you not read the thread? Plenty of people are questioning Pearson's role in all this.

Hiddink? For 'final challenge' read last 'pay day'. How long did it take us to get over the Sven debacle? Disaster waiting to happen.

Hiddink? For 'final challenge' read last 'pay day'. How long did it take us to get over the Sven debacle? Disaster waiting to happen.

You might have said the same for Cambiasso and that turned out alright didn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669