Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that is problem yet. The sports science team will have all the individual fitness programmes in place. Walsh and Shakespeare will be tweaking last years pre-season programme.

Manager only really needed when first matches come around. So we are probably good for another two weeks yet.

I do not think either Hiddink or MON are 'muddy boots' managers anyway.

2 weeks for our new man to get to know his players before the season starts, miles behind every other club in the league.

Not to mention that there is a de facto recruitment freeze on as, even if the existing team find and negotiate with targets, no player with any sense is going to sign without knowing who the manager is.

id like it if we went all out for klopp , top top managers, just like players want to come to the prem, hes available lets show how anbitious we are

Agreed. Players offered a 4 year deal would be surprised if the same manager was still there at the end of the contract.

I think the wages, their place in the pecking order, and what other players are there are more important considerations.

I was hopeful that if Cambiasso were to sign, that might be a bigger draw to new players than who the manager was.

1) What position does he expect me to fill?
and
2) Does he think I'm better than his existing players?
lead to
3) how many games can I expect to play
and ultimately
4) is this move going to be good for my longterm career.

Given the size of our club, we are looking for players who are looking for a positive answer to that final question, the alternative of looking only at wages league and team is to end up with the mercenaries who did QPR so much good..

Pics of training show Shakespeare and Walsh looking pretty relaxed and jolly. They look neither aggrieved nor in fear of their jobs. Not sure what that says, but it caught my eye.

Pics of training show Shakespeare and Walsh looking pretty relaxed and jolly. They look neither aggrieved nor in fear of their jobs. Not sure what that says, but it caught my eye.
I'm not so sure; in one of the pictures CS isn't smiling, so this means it must be Dowie...

They have nothing to worry about. If the club ask them to leave, they walk away knowing they've only left because of NP and a nice pay-off to go with it. I'm hoping that their services are retained as part of the new set up as I believe they are vitally important to us. Losing SW Snr would be more of a problem for me than losing NP.

Thinking about Shakespeare and Walsh, under normal circumstances I would have expected them to go (performance related sacking) however there is a chance the pair both agree with the decision of the club and are at odds with Pearson regarding his view over the dismissal of Pearson jnr.

Maybe these pair are reluctant to throw away what is undoubtedly one of the finest projects they have been involved with and helped to build.

Maybe it depends on the new manager, I would imagine the club and the decision makers within it are aware of the importance of Walsh Snr.

Very often a manager and his immediate assistants/coaches are sacked as a block if it is football related.

Unless their loyalty to Pearson is immense I would see them wanting to stay if possible, as I am certain our training facilities and sports science set-up is as good as, if not better, than nearly all the top clubs. I would be surprised if anyone in the Premier League will be offering Pearson a job any time soon.

Their main problem would be if the new manager has his own team that he insists on bringing in.

Thinking about Shakespeare and Walsh, under normal circumstances I would have expected them to go (performance related sacking) however there is a chance the pair both agree with the decision of the club and are at odds with Pearson regarding his view over the dismissal of Pearson jnr.

Maybe these pair are reluctant to throw away what is undoubtedly one of the finest projects they have been involved with and helped to build.

Maybe it depends on the new manager, I would imagine the club and the decision makers within it are aware of the importance of Walsh Snr.
It probably depends on whether NP gets another job.

It probably depends on whether NP gets another job.

I'd have agreed you with you a season ago, but i'm not so sure now. Maybe they're also fed up with NP's arrogance and childlike behaviour?

I'd have agreed you with you a season ago, but i'm not so sure now. Maybe they're also fed up with NP's arrogance and childlike behaviour?
Exactly

Deep routed partnerships within football, but sometimes the opportunity to stay is bigger than the sense of loyalty, I imagine this is possible in this scenario.

Exactly

Deep routed partnerships within football, but sometimes the opportunity to stay is bigger than the sense of loyalty, I imagine this is possible in this scenario.

Possibly.

I think a lot more of it depends on a) if NP gets another job soon and b) where (and the attractiveness of that offer, potential, salary offered, etc.)

FWIW, I could see NP not getting a job for at least 6 months.

NP is an astounding man manager and has an unbelievable footballing track record with us. His ability to beat relegation is a rare quality. Here he has also proved that he is capable of building an exciting, balanced team of players who fight to the death for each other. Two promotions, two play offs and the Great Escape. You can bet your house he'll be getting a solid job.

I think he'll probably take over a side that is struggling in the PL and has just sacked their manager. He has the ability to keep them up but if they get relegated, to also bring them up.

These non footballing issues will be forgotten. It's not like he did a Glenn Hoddle.

I think he is more likely to go to a Championship side who are expecting to be in the play-off / title mix but are underachieving after half of the season.

He seems to need time to build a team rather than come in and get great results straight off the bat.

But who knows

As things stand, they're being paid well and working in familiar and high quality surroundings. They will know that a new manager may want to make room for his own staff but, I expect that given the circumstances, their contracts would have to be fully paid up if that happens. If they left with Pearson would they have as good terms? I doubt it, so whatever they think about Pearson, Top, or the situation, surely the sensible thing to do is wait and see.

NP is an astounding man manager and has an unbelievable footballing track record with us. His ability to beat relegation is a rare quality. Here he has also proved that he is capable of building an exciting, balanced team of players who fight to the death for each other. Two promotions, two play offs and the Great Escape. You can bet your house he'll be getting a solid job.

I think he'll probably take over a side that is struggling in the PL and has just sacked their manager. He has the ability to keep them up but if they get relegated, to also bring them up.

These non footballing issues will be forgotten. It's not like he did a Glenn Hoddle.

Looking at what Glenn Hoddle actually said, the way it was reported then and seems to only have built up since, I'm not sure he did either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669