Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why many on here are under valuing what NP has brought to this football club. All I seem to be reading is "Steve Walsh and Craig Shakespeare would be more of a loss"or "Pearson leaving hasn't changed much in the club."

The scouting for players wouldn't have changed much because our chief scout and others are still here. However with a new manager coming in it is likely to make a difference on transfer targets depending on the style of the manager so that may eventually change.

Also the way the players play may change, depending on the new manager and his tactics or who he plays, whether they have the same relationship with him as they did NP.

The ethos of being quiet on transfers and not being seen as "big spenders" who essentially have money to waste will change as portrayed by recent transfer events.

The young players coming in will realise that they may have to show different qualities and they will have been affected. Hopefully they would've also learned from the Thai scandal.

IMO plenty has changed and will change. Certainly the idea of a level playing squad in terms of salary. It seems if reports are to believed that we are literally breaking the bank. Paying way higher than others for players and offering sky high wages. LM reckons 70k per week for N'gold Kante. Now if he is gold then amazing but there's also the chance that we could have a real dud on our hands with gigantic wages. Then selling him on would be an issues because of the wages.

And do we want players who are only here because of their salary? Apparently he wants to play for Marseille not Leicester.

NP's loss is exactly that - a loss. Of course we'll reap rewards of no NP outbursts, strangling opposition players etc but we'll also lose a hell of a lot more.

As things stand, they're being paid well and working in familiar and high quality surroundings. They will know that a new manager may want to make room for his own staff but, I expect that given the circumstances, their contracts would have to be fully paid up if that happens. If they left with Pearson would they have as good terms? I doubt it, so whatever they think about Pearson, Top, or the situation, surely the sensible thing to do is wait and see.

I believe CS will leave if NP gets a new job. SO will probably stay based on his wages here, his longevity with this club and the fact that he is a scout more so than a coach.

Very often a manager and his immediate assistants/coaches are sacked as a block if it is football related.

I would disagree with that. The manager is almost invariably sacked first. The assistants then leave either when the sacked manager gets them jobs at his new club or when the new manager comes along and says that he will not be requiring them. The club will naturally prefer the cheaper first option.

I'd have agreed you with you a season ago, but i'm not so sure now. Maybe they're also fed up with NP's arrogance and childlike behaviour?

Who would ever have thought that Brian Clough and Peter Taylor (no, not him - the other one) would ever go their separate ways? But they did.

No way will Walsh or Shakey be here once a new man comes in as managers always bring their own staff with them.

Only way I could see them staying is if Cambiasso is made manager and he wants to try and maintain some continuity from last season.

I know it means nothing and I know it'll never happen, buuuuuuttt...

Klopp's odds are shortening by the minute. :neutral:

I know it means nothing and I know it'll never happen, buuuuuuttt...

Klopp's odds are shortening by the minute. :neutral:
It doesn't mean nothing. It means that punters have read the article about Klopp waiting for a phone call from England.

Is this a tip? Certainly won't go anywhere at the bookies as the punters wouldn't know how to say his name to the nice lady at the counter.
It's a hidden code. Don't know what it means though.

Tell you something, if it were going to be Lennon, Dyche or Big Sam, I reckon they'd be in post by now.

One things for sure, not a snippet of info is getting out but you can bet your bottom dollar the owners have been in talks with someone or other. Come on, pull off the coup and get Jurgen the nutjob in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669