Penalty or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ddidn't manage to get to the match today, but would welcome a optinion on the penalty. According to the radio reports, on various stations, the general thought is that even after watching replays it was very difficult to see where there was contact for the award. Very much a home town decision because Huckerby had been trying all afternoon to con a decision and finally fooled the officials. Would be very interested of other opinions.

Last edited:
The ref gave it, that's all that matters really.
:102:

MKFox said:
The ref gave it, that's all that matters really.
:102:

True but Norwich fans have admitted he dived. :icon_roll

Steven said:
hmmm bet they didnt have a smug grin when they said that....

Steven said:
True but Norwich fans have admitted he dived.
Doesn't matter if he dived or not, the ref gave a pen...

MKFox said:
Doesn't matter if he dived or not, the ref gave a pen...
Yes it does. we lost out on a point. He cud go on and do it again and steal more points from ohter teams. Look at Drogbas recent cheating exploits against man city. Its disgraceful! I know that moaning about it now wont change anything but to take such a laid back opinion on a decsion that turns around a match is, imo, unbelievable.

Look all refs are wankers, always have been and always will be.

Come the day of revolution, they will be the first against the wall...
14_6_12.gif

beaumontfox said:
i said before kick off when i saw who the ref was that he tended to award penalties against us........wish i had kept me gob shut!

IMO Norwich were the worst side for cheating that I've seen at the Walkers this season, was it the same at Carrow Road?

Boy Genius said:
Look all refs are wankers, always have been and always will be.

Come the day of revolution, they will be the first against the wall...
14_6_12.gif

So it's the fault of the ref, who has a split second to decide, not the benefit of 6 replays...

...and not the guy who cheats :102:

Isopen said:
So it's the fault of the ref, who has a split second to decide, not the benefit of 6 replays...

The ref is getting paid. I would want my doctor, lawyer, bus driver to make fewer mistakes. :icon_wink ;)

Isopen said:

Thats exactly why replays should be in the game........ I pay an awful lot of money to watch football and the least I expect is to come away feeling cheated. The game was held up for quite a while during the incident, plenty of time to check on a screen somewhere, and then send the cheating feck off.
It cost us a point yesterday, what if that one point loss had sent us down?

If a ref is to be a ref, then he should get it right even if its a split second, its his job...

Steven said:
The ref is getting paid. I would want my doctor, lawyer, bus driver to make fewer mistakes. :icon_wink ;)

:038: :038: :038: :038: :thumbs_up :023:

CardiffFox said:
Yes it does. we lost out on a point. He cud go on and do it again and steal more points from ohter teams.

Do it again!

Its always been part of Huckerby's game to use his undoubted skill and pace to get into that kind of situation.

We have had players with similar tricks in their repertoire - Dickov and Speedie are obvious examples & it was fine by us when they got away with it.

I's always been part of the game - the added element introduced by Drogba and some others is the twists in the air and the writhing on the ground as if they have been shot through the knee.

Steven said:

Wonder if the papers will hang him like drogba.... oh no sorry I forgot he doesn't play for chelsea so they won't give a shit.

CardiffFox said:
I know that moaning about it now wont change anything

Exactly...
and I'm a believer in decisions like that balancing out over the course of a season...so my attitude is laid back, because there's feck all that can be done...

MKFox said:
Exactly...
and I'm a believer in decisions like that balancing out over the course of a season...so my attitude is laid back, because there's feck all that can be done...

Have you become a Zen Buddist MK or are you just a hippy? :icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673