Penalty or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven said:
True but Norwich fans have admitted he dived. :icon_roll

Steven - just explain to me in simple terms how Norwich fans would know whether he dived or not.

Only the player would know - and there is a type of player who will look for the merest contact and go down. That situation has always existed and it creates a situation where the ref has to make an instant decision.

That's part of Huckerby's game -just as it is part of Dickov's game - and Norwich fans won't have anymore clue than the man on the moon whether he dived or legitimately felt put off balance.

Redditch Fox said:
Steven - just explain to me in simple terms how Norwich fans would know whether he dived or not.

Only the player would know - and there is a type of player who will look for the merest contact and go down. That situation has always existed and it creates a situation where the ref has to make an instant decision.

That's part of Huckerby's game -just as it is part of Dickov's game - and Norwich fans won't have anymore clue than the man on the moon whether he dived or legitimately felt put off balance.

We just have to hope that stearman learns from the experience, you have to be very careful when playing against people who have a history of being a cheating diving bastard.

Huckerby wouldnt have been able to make a career of falling over if the 'leg' wasnt already there to act as a preverviable prop in his little dramas.

Redditch Fox said:

When I get past the patronising tone, :icon_roll , I would then suggest you ask those Norwich fans who suggested Huckerby dived.

I have just seen the incident again on Sky and Huckerby has gone rather to easily. :icon_roll

Last edited:
Redditch Fox said:
Dickov and Speedie are obvious examples & it was fine by us when they got away with it.

sorry but it's never been 'fine with me' seeing our players dive.
luckily this season there is really only Joey who makes more of challenges than he should, and when he does it-like at Luton in the last few minutes- i didn't bloody like it then.

Steven said:
When I get past the patronising tone, :icon_roll , I would then suggest you ask those Norwich fans who suggested Huckerby dived.

the norwich fans we spoke to afterwards said he does that every game, some he gets, some he doesn't.

and they seemed quite happy about getting points from players cheating. personally i don't care much for it and it always taints a win if one of our players does it imo.

beaumontfox said:
sorry but it's never been 'fine with me' seeing our players dive.
luckily this season there is really only Joey who makes more of challenges than he should, and when he does it-like at Luton in the last few minutes- i didn't bloody like it then.

He did against brighton to get that guy sent off.

beaumontfox said:
the norwich fans we spoke to afterwards said he does that every game, some he gets, some he doesn't.

and they seemed quite happy about getting points from players cheating. personally i don't care much for it and it always taints a win if one of our players does it imo.
Same for me. I can handle losing when we've been well and truly beaten. or if we've been unlucky, but to lose to gamesmanship gets me riled. Similarly, I don't like to see our players procuring free kicks either. Let's win fair and square.

Steven said:

I have just seen the incident again on Sky and Huckerby has gone rather to easily. :icon_roll

but the point I was trying infer - and not intending to patronising was that
the Norwich fans wouldn't know and in most cases would thoroughly enjoy it if we thought we had been cheated. It wasn't perhaps like that years ago but it is in most cases now.....therefore if they told you it was a dive they would just be trying to rub your nose in it.

I've seen it as well - and Huckerby would I guess hope to get about 1 in 3 of those awarded.

As suggested above - Stearman needs to learn from the experience.....the feature of the older experienced player, gaining an 'unfair advantage in those situations is as old as the hills. We have had such players at Leicester well before Speedie and Dickov.

he was ecstatic when he scored though - big celebration!

Redditch Fox said:
if they told you it was a dive they would just be trying to rub your nose in it.

I listened to Radio Norfolk on the way home and 90% of Norwich fans who phoned and texted said they thought it was a dive, I doubt they did that to annoy Leicester fans.

webmaster said:
I listened to Radio Norfolk on the way home and 90% of Norwich fans who phoned and texted said they thought it was a dive, I doubt they did that to annoy Leicester fans.

Anyway - when is a dive a dive?

When there is no contact.....obviously.

but when there is minimal contact and the player opts to hit the ground?

Huckerby is like Eyres Monsell - proper dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669