People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
God pisses me off.

I didn't think you believed in him?

How can he be responsible if he doesn't exist?

That's a good point of rhetoric Harbs. Good lad, you're learning.

More accurately then, the belief in God is responsible for uncountable evil, throughout history.

Plus, you only need to read the Bible to see that the character of God is a reprehensible, evil monster

Plus, you only need to read the Bible to see that the character of God is a reprehensible, evil monster

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
— Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion)

That's a good point of rhetoric Harbs. Good lad, you're learning.

More accurately then, the belief in God is responsible for uncountable evil, throughout history.

Hate to wade in here, but many people accept alot of the bible, especially the old testament, is more reflective of the views of people at the time rather than being pure divine rhetoric

Hate to wade in here, but many people accept alot of the bible, especially the old testament, is more reflective of the views of people at the time rather than being pure divine rhetoric

So if you accept that a lot of it is bollocks, what makes you believe the other bits?
Do you just pick and choose the bits you believe in and ignore the bits you don't?

But the fact is d, it is all complete and utter nonsense. Not just particular parts, all of it.

It doesn't matter if you choose to cherry-pick the parts that you like and ignore the nasty, objectionable parts. It is all bollocks written as nothing more than a political device.

I think there are moral values from the bible which I try and follow and are still relevant today. Not all of them.

And I don't really get where your coming from Macky, though thats probably because I've never had much involvement with the Catholic church....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669