Peter Reids Blue and White Army!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan has risked an unknown manager already, surely he won't do it again. With speculation of Calderwood being linked with the job from Aberdeen, more rubbish!

Just grates on me, we should be attracting big name managers, not has beens or never will be's!

Why should we be attracting top class managers? Over the last two years, we have consistently hovered around at the 40th best team in England. We have to prove ouselves before we can be taken as Worldbeaters.

at the end of the day we gotta have someone! and most of the names we as fans want dont want to come here, so i reckon its gonna end being someone we dont want and we just have to lump it.

I'm sorry, but how the fcuk are Jewell and Grayson 'proved to be a failure'? :102:

Just noticed I made the 3k mark! God, I need to get a job and a life! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but how the fcuk are Jewell and Grayson 'proved to be a failure'? :102:
Those 2 were at the end of the list I put so didn't really mean to include them as failures.
But as previously mentioned I would not have Jewell as I don't think he would last long with MM.
I wouldn't have Simon Grayson as I think there would be too much expected of him as he was a ex player, I believe he would be better off staying at Blackpool for another season or two.

Undoubtedly we have a big problem.

Not many will find the job attractive and whilst I'm sure that Milan would like to work with Paul Jewell. I can't see that being reciprocated.

I trust that the press story regarding Peter Reid has been started by Peter Reid's agent and that there is no substance to it because Peter Reid has had his day.

I suppose there is some hope that Simon Grayson will see the job as a big step up from Blackpool....otherwise I could see Milan looking abroad.

From News of The World

Peter Reid is favourite to land the Leicester job-after Milan Mandaric was snubbed by Paul Jewell and Neil Warnock. The Foxes owner wants an experienced manager after sacking former Brentford and MK Dons chief Martin Allen after just five matches. And Reid, who twice led Sunderland in promotion to the Premiership during his seven-year reign with the Black Cats, fits the bill.

Ex-West Brom boss Gary Megson and Plymouth manager Ian Holloway are also on Mandaric’s short-list. And Glenn Roeder has been interviewed for a director of football’s role at the club. Jewell and Warnock were first approached by Mandaric’s people days BEFORE Allen was sacked last week. But former Wigan chief Jewell and ex-Sheffield United boss Warnock spurned the club’s advances whilst Allen was still in work. Reid, who also managed Leeds, Manchester City and Coventry, has already told Mandaric that he wants Adrian Heath as his number 2.

Last edited:
Peter Reid and closely followed by Glen Roeder - that would be like a stomach virus.

You start with the runs and think "blimey that's not nice" and that's followed by violent sickness which you think is never going to end.

Please MM - NO !!!!!!

I think theres as much chance of KevKeegan as Petereid.
Ok Petereid has got promotion twice or so but couldn't keep a team in the Prem.

MM has said he's gonna get us promoted but has MM said anything about us staying in the Prem when we get there?

Peter Reid and closely followed by Glen Roeder - that would be like a stomach virus.

You start with the runs and think "blimey that's not nice" and that's followed by violent sickness which you think is never going to end.

Please MM - NO !!!!!!

If we are going down the the very experienced (OLD) route, I would rather have Bobby Robson!

Peter Taylor could be available as from next week too

Paper talk IMO, no doubt that Reid has had some form of dialogue with the club and his agent has leaked this to his mate at the NOTW who has now turned into this story.

I would not be at all surprised if Mandaric has contacted Reid and several other out of work managers possibly to sound them out and see whether they would like to be considered, but IMO it does mean they have been offered the role or that they are the first choice.

I think MM will get the picture when we are on a five game losing streak and the attendance is down to 12,000. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669