Playstation 3 Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm missing something with H2, didn't enjoy it as much as 1, stopped playing halfway through, I'll have another look.

Halo 1 was good, but I prefer everything about the 2nd. The storyline is better, the online play is better etc etc. It took me ages to complete, might have to play it again.

360 is superb, I would highly recommend it.

I too had never owned an Xbox because I didn't like the huuuuuge controllers. However, the 360 has smaller more comfortable controllers (and wireless) and is a much better ride

Xbox live is about a 5er a month or a bit cheaper per yearly subscription pro rata, but you can by vouchers much cheaper on offer from game stores and type in the promotion code

Xbox live is great, just turn on the game, choose the online option and there is usually alobby waiting just about to start.

Also my 360 is connected up to my home network so all my mp3s can be played through my 360 from my pc and through my front room speakers

Wonderful

seriously considering a 360. maybe after christmas when they should start to come down in price. Would primarily buy one for Pro Evo on x-box Live.

Are the wireless controls really a necessity? i take it you do need the hard-drive for saving games etc?

seriously considering a 360. maybe after christmas when they should start to come down in price. Would primarily buy one for Pro Evo on x-box Live.

Are the wireless controls really a necessity? i take it you do need the hard-drive for saving games etc?
No and Yes, although you can buy the memory cards to put in the controllers

The hard drive is available for downloading game updates and content etc

Last edited:
Just cancelled my xbox live account.. it was quite funny - tried to convince me to keep my account going, reminded me a bit of Alliance & Leicester for some reason there =/

If you are planning on getting a 360 I wouldn't bother with the wirless - they swallow up batteries pretty fast - unless you have some rechargeables.. personally I don't really mind the wired pads and they are much cheaper than the wireless ones.

IMO - you might as well just buy a normal xbox second hand or something and get pro evo 5 and halo 2/1 - only real quality titles they bought out on the xbox.

As far as specific 360 games go - call of duty 2 is worth a look but its crap online IMO, condemned is a good game with a great story but really short. Dead rising is meant to be pretty decent.

Overall I wasn't impressed with the 360 and IMO there isn't really much on the horizon - basically if you can live without Halo 3 - you can live without a 360 - if you can't..

[wait for it on the PC - :icon_wink]

I have got a rechargeable battery pack for each controller and the charger that charges 2 batteries fully in 2 hours. Never been a problem.

I have got a rechargeable battery pack for each controller and the charger that charges 2 batteries fully in 2 hours. Never been a problem.

I never had rechargeables - I only used my wireless when playing against my brother or mates. I also had big problems on live whereby I could only join my mate's 'party' if neither of us were hosting it which was really annoying. Most probably a problem with BT but frustrating all the same..

you can get a plug and charge kit for the wireless wereby if the batterys run out you can plug it in so its a wired controller and the battery charges and when its done you can unplug and play wireless again

I am really starting to think about buying a 360. I have never had any other console than a Playstation or Sega MegaDrive. I have never even played an XBOX. Would people recommend buying one, And what are the best games?

do you want to buy mine? Virtually brand new, boxed etc...

Im thinking about £275-£300. Must have cost me over £450 and everything is as new. In fact I would say I could box it up and nobody would know it wasnt new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669