Plymouth v Leicester 24th January 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Kick off 7.45pm

Tickets: Anyone who went to the abandoned game can claim a free ticket in exchange for the ticket from the November game. Not sure where my ticket is, I put it somewhere 'safe' to dry out!

The initial allocation is 546 seats, £21 for adults, £14 for students & senior citizens, £5 for under 16s. More tickets will be available if required.

Tickets are now on sale to season ticket holders (priority 1 & 2),
Wed Jan 11th Season ticket holders (priority 3),
Thu Jan 12th Members
Fri Jan 13th General sale

Coaches:

Fox Travel coaches leave at noon, priced at £20 adults and £18 concessions.
Anyone who went to the abandoned match but didn't travel by Fox Travel can go free. Those who went by Fox Travel last time should have received a refund.

Directions:

Take the M5, then at the end of the motorway the A38 into Plymouth. The ground is signposted from the A38.

Parking:
There's a large free car park at the ground, and some street parking.

Trains: There are sleeper trains from Plymouth to London just after midnight, so if you travel by train it's possible to get back to Leicester early the next morning. This can be fairly expensive though.

There are cheap train tickets available to Plymouth at £16 each way, if you don't mind coming back the next day.
The Plymouth Travelodge (2 miles from the ground) has rooms available for £26 on the night of the match.

Pubs: Any recommendations?

Last edited:

the bricklayers arms in leicester and an early night after the commentary :)

webmaster said:
Coaches:

Fox Travel coaches leave at 12:30pm, priced at £20 adults and £18 concessions.
Anyone who went to the abandoned match but didn't travel by Fox Travel can go free. Those who went by Fox Travel last time should have received a refund.

Does mean that people who went with FoxTravel last time have to pay again this time?

I am probably going to go by train even though I have a Fox Travel ticket - please pm me if you want it.

I may also be able to get my hands on the ticket of somebody who can't get to this re-arranged match so if you didn't go to the first game and want a cheap ticket for this one, please pm me. No promises but I might be able to get it. FoxTravel would also be possible for free of course.

webmaster said:
Trains: There are cheap train tickets available to Plymouth at £16 each way, if you don't mind coming back the next day.

And don't forget if you buy them in two transactions on the MML website you can get them for £15 each. Just enter 'photo' as a discount code.

If you are travelling from or via London and staying overnight, please pm me. London Branch have access to some cheaper tickets costing between £28.50 and £31.50 for the journey from Paddington to Plymouth and back. Travel will be on the 13:05 from Paddington and the 09:00 return on the Wednesday morning.

webmaster said:

Aye! I recommend that if there are any sailors in and you drop your change at the bar, just leave it where it lies!

Last edited:
webmaster said:
The Plymouth Travelodge (2 miles from the ground) has rooms available for £26 on the night of the match.

It has. I've just booked four of them!

I picked up my foxtravel ticket today and a student ticket for the game (saved six pounds). :038:

On the foxtravel ticket it says the bus leaves at Noon.

call me feckin stupid but i am actually going to this one. strangely enought it works out as the cheapest game i'll attend so far and i am looking forward to the trip. i've done similar to boc and have booked up a room in the lodge and am looking forward to sampling the nightlife on the sunny coast :)

only recommendation i have had for this game pub-wise is the cherry tree, 20 minutes away :( anyone been before?

i take my socks off to all of you who are going to this game....deluded??? nah not one bit :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
i take my socks off to all of you who are going to this game....deluded??? nah not one bit :icon_wink :icon_lol:

my excuse is it gets me a 2 day seaside holiday, lovely at this time of year

Same as BF really.

Word of warning about the Travelodge. We stayed there last season (£26 deal then), to make a weekend of it. The room we had was disgusting - it stank because there was too much mildew in the bathroom. Our friends we'd travelled up with also weren't impressed with their room either. :mad:

LeeH said:
Same as BF really.

Word of warning about the Travelodge. We stayed there last season (£26 deal then), to make a weekend of it. The room we had was disgusting - it stank because there was too much mildew in the bathroom. Our friends we'd travelled up with also weren't impressed with their room either. :mad:

I hope that you complained. Travelodge usually refund on the first sign that anybody is unhappy.

tell a lie..i'd be going even if i had to pay again for the 'privilege'...

oh well....at least i get to meet up with the Plymouth lads i met last time..can't remember the name of the pub but it's a Weatherspoon's near the ground.

Lee is the old man going or are you travelling on your tod?

beaumontfox said:
..can't remember the name of the pub but it's a Weatherspoon's near the ground.

The Britannia Inn
1 Wolseley Road
Milehouse
Plymouth
Devon
PL2 3AA

Map

beaumontfox said:
tell a lie..i'd be going even if i had to pay again for the 'privilege'...

oh well....at least i get to meet up with the Plymouth lads i met last time..can't remember the name of the pub but it's a Weatherspoon's near the ground.

Lee is the old man going or are you travelling on your tod?
He's not going, but a mate's had his tickets so at least I don't get to suffer on my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566