Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
:038: Agreed. Ricky, Stephen and Karl are doing another 6 podcasts in october if you didnt know already.

I've only really listened to the Gervais ones and some of the 606 phone in ones.

Yeah, i heard this, my favourite bit is Karl's diary when he's on holiday in series 1. Ricky's laugh makes it even funnier too, i can't help laughing out loud when i hear that laugh. It's just a shame his last stand up was shit, the podcasts are just hillarious, and the Office is up there as one of the best British comedies of all-time with Partridge, Brass Eye, Father Ted, the Armando Iannucci Shows and Peep Show

Last edited:
Those podcasts were as a result of Ricky & Steve's radio show on XFM, Karl was the show producer. The Guardian asked them to do the podcasts after listening to the show.

There are torrents available of all the XFM shows with the music edited out, so it's just the links between tracks where they are ripping the piss out of Karl. Monkey news, knob news, rockbusters and all of the rest of the features from the podcasts are there.
Funny as f*ck, highly recommended if you enjoyed the podcasts.

Those podcasts were as a result of Ricky & Steve's radio show on XFM, Karl was the show producer. The Guardian asked them to do the podcasts after listening to the show.

There are torrents available of all the XFM shows with the music edited out, so it's just the links between tracks where they are ripping the piss out of Karl. Monkey news, knob news, rockbusters and all of the rest of the features from the podcasts are there.
Funny as f*ck, highly recommended if you enjoyed the podcasts.

i have got all 92 of the XFM radio shows and i agree Macky they are better than the podcasts. You can see Pilkington get more confident and how Gervais and Merchant question him.

Search for Pilkipedia - i believe they have a download section on there.

Those animations are pretty good, did anyone listen to the one off nme show? Its on pilkipedia as well.

Last edited:
Those animations are pretty good, did anyone listen to the one off nme show? Its on pilkipedia as well.

Yes. I didn't think much of it to be honest, a few funny moments but not one of the better ones.

I would be so lost at work without Podcasts. I listen to a whole bunch but here are some of my favorites:

Wrestlecast
Test Match Special
United Kingdom Talk
Sportsweek
Scottish Football
Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo Movie Reviews
Guardian Daily
Guardian Football Weekly
Free Audio London Walks
Fighting Talk
Foxpodder
Simon Mayo
The Minority Report
America Votes 2008
Civil War Tours

Could someone do me a favour and upload Series 1 Episode 12 of the Ricky Gervais pdcasts for me please? And before anyone has a go at me for stealing, firstly, i already paid for all of them, i just accidently deleted this episode. And secondly, the 1st series was free anyways.

Thanks in advance :icon_wink

Listening to the Ricky Gervais ones for the first time today, not heard any of the groups stuff before but Karl Pilkinton is hilarious,but further strengthens my point that accent is key to comedy, he wouldn't be as funny with a brummie accent for instance.

Last edited:
Aye, it's certainly hampered the success of people such as Lenny Henry, Jasper Carrot, Frank Skinner and Julie Walters.

I meant in his particular case. I don't think Jasper Carrot would be funny with a Manc accent. Maybe it's just because that's how I associate them and I'm just being an idiot, wouldn't suprise me.

I can't imagine Jasper Carrot being funny with any accent, Brum included.

I can't imagine Lenny Henry, Frank Skinner or Julie Walters being funny either :102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670