Points Tracker 2023/24

It's looking very good so far but I think this season will be unique in the points required for promotion.

It could be 100+ points needed just for promotion.

The points gap between the top 3 and the play offs/rest will be the greatest it's ever been.

Couple of comments in there already justifying why they were more impressive even if we beat the record - we haven’t had the same unbeaten run and have lost more games
In the end you are better to lose more, draw less and win.

In the 2005/6 season Reading:

* Won 31 matches
* Drew 13 matches
* Lost 2 matches

Currently we have:

* Won 23 matches
* Drew 3 matches
* Lost 4 matches

We need to win 12 more to break 106, probably.

I know a few that are still pissed off that we didn’t break the record last time. For their piece of mind, we need to do it this time around!!!

I'm also not interested in the record. I couldn't give a **** about being considered the best 2nd tier team of all time. When I was a kid we held the record for the most second division titles, that sounded second rate enough.

We're the longest odds team to ever win any major sporting event anywhere in the world , ever. & will be so forever. That's enough for me. Anything else is meaningless *

* Except if we become the longest odds winners of the champions league. I'd be good with that.

I'm also not interested in the record. I couldn't give a **** about being considered the best 2nd tier team of all time. When I was a kid we held the record for the most second division titles, that sounded second rate enough.

We're the longest odds team to ever win any major sporting event anywhere in the world , ever. & will be so forever. That's enough for me. Anything else is meaningless *

* Except if we become the longest odds winners of the champions league. I'd be good with that.
Fair enough again, but it’s an interesting side story.

When I was a kid we held the record for the most second division titles, that sounded second rate enough.
speaking of which, moving ahead in that particular table and getting to 8 will at least be another thing we take from being back down in the second tier.

And yes 100% none of it matters as long as we get promoted.

Final update until the next games, I've added the 106 total into the top left cell, this is the total that Reading achieved and is still the highest points tally in the Championship (achieved in the 2005/6 season).

I believe they sing a song about it?

View attachment 18405

I work in Reading, and would love to **** that up for them.

As long as it's not us....it'd be ****ing hilarious if the team that finishes 3rd goes on to lose the playoff final to Sunderland or someshit.

As long as it's not us....it'd be ****ing hilarious if the team that finishes 3rd goes on to lose the playoff final to Sunderland or someshit.
I wonder what the record is for the difference in points between a team that finished third and a team that eventually gained promotion through the play-offs. Wasn't the difference something like 17 in the Portsmouth/Leicester case all those years ago.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463