Poll axed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

Fans back Mickey! Its funny how you can make statistics say what you like.The latest poll shows that while 20 per cent think he should go 44 per cent of fans want MA to carry on...hence the conclusion that fans back Mickey. But what of the other 36 per cent. Were they deaf-mutes or were they don't knows? Because you might conclude that 56 per cent were not at all happy with MA but that some of the 36 per cent just didn't know what to do about it.

Even so who are the 44 per cent who want him to carry on?. What sort of people vote to carry on with the weekly torture being inflicted on them. Are there so many masochists? Do they go for their holidays in Chernobyl. Could they all be close relatives of the manager and directors?

Do the University of Leicester researchers know about these fans who, faced with the question of changing a manager with such a dismal record over 49 matches (not 6!), say he should carry on.

And would they consider 10 wins in the next 49 matches to be an improvement? Do they feel that a win or two would be too hard on their systems now...or has the liberal left become so established in Leicester that our fans prefer defeats because it doesn't make the opposition fans miserable?

Perhaps the problem is that if a new manager were appointed where would they find someone else to give them at least as much mental anquish as they've become used to at the Walkers. One respondent pointed out we'd have to go back to Bloomfield and McLintock for a worse record - no mention of you-know-who cos it's not nice in a civilised society.

My only other explanation is that Micky Adams is a hypnotist and he's used that Keep the Faith slogan to put the fans in a trance. Keep the Faith, Keep the Faith, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep...

Bearing in mind that football is a results business the 44 per cent could try an experiment. Try cocking up all but 10 of your next 50 jobs at work and see how much sympathy you get from your boss.

All that said I still hope Mickey succeeds at City and that I am proved entirely wrong in my scepticism. Power to the People's vote....please!.

It is interesting reading your posts Tony and is'nt your opinion better than everyone else's :roll:, just because I am one of the '44%' you would put me accross as a masochists that comes back from a fortnight break glowing green rather than having a tan. I also like the little get out clause at the end just incase your 'opionion' is proven wrong and you do not look so much of a prat.
To put my case across you have done exactly what that poll has done by only refering to the last 49 matches (and can somebody break down these 49 matches for me because I can not make them add up), now I am not saying that his recent record is not bad, it is, but when 38 of those matches were in one of the hardest leagues in the world that needs money to survive and most of us (honestly) knew we would probably get relegated, how much blame can you put on MA? Some but not all.
I posted the below stats on another thread and no comments have been made on these, so I can only conclude people agree with me.

'MA's record the other way round shows in a total of 94 games he has been in charge we have only lost 26 and that includes a prem season with a shoestring budget squad which accounts for 17 of those losses. At this level we have only lost 9 out of 52 games!

Played 94 Won 34 Drawn 34 Lost 26'

IMO he should be given the chance to turn thing around and hope he does no less so that alot of these comments being made can come back and haunt you.

Just because I am on the side of the 44% does not make me a social outcast, any less a fan or wanting less for 'our' club, we are all on the same side and I respect other points of view, but some of that crap made my blood boil.
I am off now to take my two headed kids down the park :roll:

Naughty Fox said:
It is interesting reading your posts Tony and is'nt your opinion better than everyone else's :roll:, just because I am one of the '44%' you would put me accross as a masochists that comes back from a fortnight break glowing green rather than having a tan. I also like the little get out clause at the end just incase your 'opionion' is proven wrong and you do not look so much of a prat.
To put my case across you have done exactly what that poll has done by only refering to the last 49 matches (and can somebody break down these 49 matches for me because I can not make them add up), now I am not saying that his recent record is not bad, it is, but when 38 of those matches were in one of the hardest leagues in the world that needs money to survive and most of us (honestly) knew we would probably get relegated, how much blame can you put on MA? Some but not all.
I posted the below stats on another thread and no comments have been made on these, so I can only conclude people agree with me.

'MA's record the other way round shows in a total of 94 games he has been in charge we have only lost 26 and that includes a prem season with a shoestring budget squad which accounts for 17 of those losses. At this level we have only lost 9 out of 52 games!

IMO he should be given the chance to turn thing around and hope he does no less so that alot of these comments being made can come back and haunt you.

Just because I am on the side of the 44% does not make me a social outcast, any less a fan or wanting less for 'our' club, we are all on the same side and I respect other points of view, but some of that crap made my blood boil.

VERY well said mate, im fully backing Micky, always will do. IMO that record is mighty impressive and just cos weve had 4 or so bad games at the beginning of a season should not make us want Micky Out, cos i certainly aint counting last season.

So if you criticise Micky you are a whingeing treacherous moaner who is jumping the gun. You are disloyal and should be ashamed of yourself. Keep the Faith, you pussy

But if you back Micky, you are a complete blind moron who can't see the nose in front of your face. You are contributing to the death of LCFC and should be ashamed of yourself. Wake up and smell the coffee, you pussy

And if you are undecided you are some kind of spanner who can't be trusted with the simplest of decisions. You must be a right thicko, and should be ashamed of yourself. Make a choice for once in your life, you complete pussy

I give in..........

But if you back Micky, you are a complete blind moron who can't see the nose in front of your face. You are contributing to the death of LCFC and should be ashamed of yourself. Wake up and smell the coffee, you pussy

Why don`t you say what you really feel :lol: it`s a good job us blind morons are not easily offended :wink:

I was summarising Mr Elsby's, and others, point of view, not my own opinions!!

homer said:
So if you criticise Micky you are a whingeing treacherous moaner who is jumping the gun. You are disloyal and should be ashamed of yourself. Keep the Faith, you pussy

And if you are undecided you are some kind of spanner who can't be trusted with the simplest of decisions. You must be a right thicko, and should be ashamed of yourself. Make a choice for once in your life, you complete pussy

I give in..........

meow

homer said:
I was summarising Mr Elsby's, and others, point of view, not my own opinions!!

i dont how you do it for the money homer :roll: they just dont read the posts :roll: mad biker pay attention !!!!! :roll: :roll:

What was that about blind morons..........?? :wink: :wink: :wink: :D

Apart from the (very) odd and very rare fan that I have come across, I would say that we all fall into the undecided

Those sceptics amongst us, of which I am most definitely one, would still be prepared to allow Micky some time to show that he can turn this lot around - especially having had two weeks locked away from the baying masses. Many are fearful of who might replace him, many are wooried about bringing a new man in at this time of the year. The people who would say Micky out at all costs are few and far between - or appear only on the Monday night phone in.

Those that are currently backing Micky, know in their heart of hearts that what we have seen so far cannot continue. If it did, they know something significant has to change, and they may well be one or all of Micky/Corky/Bertie.

We are all waiting with baited breath for the next two/three games. Everyone has said ten games and then decide - that time is rapidly approaching.

Straw polls mean shit. I reckon the majority of us are wavering and watching, rather than sat at home making our "Micky Out/Stay Micky" banners to hold up at the Preston game

For the next week or so, anyway...

homer237 said:
Naughty Fox said:

The good times you refer are an increasing long while ago and sadly were achieved with some pretty good players. If MA had those players now I wouldn't be at all concerned but he hasn't. What he's got is the team he's replaced them with. Personally I believe this team has no chance of success but you suggest I am concerned about looking "a prat" if my opinion proves wrong. Believe me I would much, much, much rather look a prat because I have 100 per cent NO desire to be proved right. What I am worried about is the time being lost and the ground being lost with the current approach because we ae neither winning nor playing the sort of football which looks likely to change that.

VERY well said mate, im fully backing Micky, always will do. IMO that record is mighty impressive and just cos weve had 4 or so bad games at the beginning of a season should not make us want Micky Out, cos i certainly aint counting last season.

I think Bassett & Cork should be sacked and someone like tottenhams Frank Arneson should be made in charge of all club transfers and youth and have final say in transfer dealings, as micky has a lack of depth of the transfer market and therefore only has beens come through the door, bassett's probably more responsible for this as well.....

And someone like Frank Arnesen would come to Leicester Why?

And who do you have in mind? Peter Taylor? David Platt?

no they are coaches, you should know that, Demote Micky from Manager to Head Coach and have someone as General manager/director of football who does something and has some knowledge of players, he then does the contracts and transfers and has input in youth e.t.c, someone like.......

yeah cause that worked before.

2 people never work. Charlton (Gritt & Curbishley), Liverpool (Houlier & Evans), Spurs (Pleat & Hoddle/Graham), Leicester (hamilton & Milne) the list is endless.

Anyway, thats what Chief Scouts do isn't it?

homer said:
What was that about blind morons..........?? :wink: :wink: :wink: :D

Apart from the (very) odd and very rare fan that I have come across, I would say that we all fall into the undecided

Those sceptics amongst us, of which I am most definitely one, would still be prepared to allow Micky some time to show that he can turn this lot around - especially having had two weeks locked away from the baying masses. Many are fearful of who might replace him, many are wooried about bringing a new man in at this time of the year. The people who would say Micky out at all costs are few and far between - or appear only on the Monday night phone in.

Those that are currently backing Micky, know in their heart of hearts that what we have seen so far cannot continue. If it did, they know something significant has to change, and they may well be one or all of Micky/Corky/Bertie.

We are all waiting with baited breath for the next two/three games. Everyone has said ten games and then decide - that time is rapidly approaching.

Straw polls mean shit. I reckon the majority of us are wavering and watching, rather than sat at home making our "Micky Out/Stay Micky" banners to hold up at the Preston game

For the next week or so, anyway...

Spot on Homer.
Everything I said was a reaction to the extream 'opinion' of the author of this thread and was not taring everybody with the same brush.
We have both been on here long enough to have an idea of what we are about, I respect everybodies point of view, but do not have to agree with it. You have quite rightly said and I agree with totally, if this continues then MA should be shown the door, that's life.
We all want the same thing, City to be successfull, but would'nt it be boring if we all agreed how it should be done :wink:

Spot on Homer.
Everything I said was a reaction to the extream 'opinion' of the author of this thread and was not taring everybody with the same brush.
We have both been on here long enough to have an idea of what we are about, I respect everybodies point of view, but do not have to agree with it. You have quite rightly said and I agree with totally, if this continues then MA should be shown the door, that's life.
We all want the same thing, City to be successfull, but would'nt it be boring if we all agreed how it should be done

I don't respect anyones view. I'm right dammit, you'll all see. Pitiful little fools, moaning & whinging. You'll see, soon you'll see.

Bah HA HA HA HA HA. (cue eerie music)

Tony Elsby said:
The good times you refer are an increasing long while ago and sadly were achieved with some pretty good players. If MA had those players now I wouldn't be at all concerned but he hasn't. What he's got is the team he's replaced them with. Personally I believe this team has no chance of success but you suggest I am concerned about looking "a prat" if my opinion proves wrong. Believe me I would much, much, much rather look a prat because I have 100 per cent NO desire to be proved right. What I am worried about is the time being lost and the ground being lost with the current approach because we ae neither winning nor playing the sort of football which looks likely to change that.

Those good time do seem a long while ago I can agree with that, but it is interesting to see reading that you do not blame MA for the current situation, you blame the players which is my point anyway :?
MA is the one that has bought those players to replace the ones that have gone and the buck stops with him in that respect, with a few exceptions I feel we have a stronger squad (alot of others have said on here) which is'nt bad going considering, albeit that at the moment they are not showing it. They are a vertual brand new team which need to click, the big question is WHEN.
I am not a blind or blinkered MA fan, I just think he should be the one to have the chance to do it, how long he gets is down to the board and MA.

Dunc said:
Spot on Homer.
We all want the same thing, City to be successfull, but would'nt it be boring if we all agreed how it should be done

I don't respect anyones view. I'm right dammit, you'll all see. Pitiful little fools, moaning & whinging. You'll see, soon you'll see.

Bah HA HA HA HA HA. (cue eerie music)

We already knew you were like that, you did'nt need to point it out :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572