Post Match Porto 5 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst defeat ever by an English team in the Champions League

We qualified for the knockout stage as group winners.

We even gave a YTS kid champion's league experience.

We look like we have no fight left.

That is what wasting a **** load of money in the summer looks like.

And I mean a **** load of money.

Not sure I want the decision making forces who spent that to have another go in January (and I am not saying we should lose our manager...that is just silly).

Disgraceful.

During the first half some of the players could not be bothered. professional footballers given a chance in a game shown all over Europe and they couldn't be bothered.

I'll be sad and rather annoyed if Shlupp ever plays football in a Leicester City team again.

If this loss was on the back of decent performances in the league then, yes, so what. If we were otherwise looking good then this game wouldn't count. Of course, it doesn't count in terms of the CL draw.... but... it also goes to illustrate the problems at the club. There's no wishing this away as a bad performance, or spinning it as a nothing game. It actually tells us we are lacking. Fundamentally lacking.

That is what wasting a **** load of money in the summer looks like.

And I mean a **** load of money.

Not sure I want the decision making forces who spent that to have another go in January (and I am not saying we should lose our manager...that is just silly).

Soon people will forget these are Walsh signings.

Well it was a nice reward for 40 years of suffering for me...but it's definitely over now. I shudder to think how much we're going to get battered by at the weekend. I guess I should really have known that even after years of steady rebuilding, excellent recruitment & a staggeringly miraculous over achievement that nobody will ever forget, we're still Leicester & the next step was bound to be to spectacularly **** it all up. Golden opportunity unforgivably missed. Thats what gets to me. Much more so than any individual result. Even one as bad as this. & now of course all the regular starters have no reason to up their game as they won't be worried about losing their places to anyone who played tonight.

The fact that the club looks utterly broken is really beyond my understanding. I'm half expecting us to be buying more ****ing strikers in January

Appalling performance, everyone of those players had an opportunity to stake a claim for a regular starting berth and instead served up a pitiful display lacking heart, effort or desire. I can accept a defeat but regardless of a dead rubber or any other excuse, the level of performance or lack of it was an embarrassment to the club and a blatant kick in the nuts to all the loyal supporters who spent their hard earned cash on that trip.

I was actually heartened that Ranieri had rung the changes and hoped we would see a performance full of energy, commitment and endeavour, however by the end I feel more concerned as to exactly what is happening at our club, the mentality and blueprint for last season has been destroyed and I am scratching my head wondering how this will be turned around.

Hideous. The result of a paper thin squad not being properly reinforced with quality during the transfer window.

Schlupp's utter contempt for his team mates, the fans or the club as a whole was disgraceful. Yes, he was just one ball in a bag of bollocks but as a sporting performance it was careless and shambolic from the off.

The scariest thing about it all is that Drinkwater may be crocked. Imagine another 3 months or so of Amartey, King and Mendy.....

How do you know that with any precision?

Because he was in charge of signings but believe whatever you want.

I'm not writing them off like you are. Players need time to get used to a new club let alone a new league and they need time on the field.

Knee jerk reactions from fans are sure to follow a poor run like this though, it's understandable.

Appalling performance, everyone of those players had an opportunity to stake a claim for a regular starting berth and instead served up a pitiful display lacking heart, effort or desire. I can accept a defeat but regardless of a dead rubber or any other excuse, the level of performance or lack of it was an embarrassment to the club and a blatant kick in the nuts to all the loyal supporters who spent their hard earned cash on that trip.

I was actually heartened that Ranieri had rung the changes and hoped we would see a performance full of energy, commitment and endeavour, however by the end I feel more concerned as to exactly what is happening at our club, the mentality and blueprint for last season has been destroyed and I am scratching my head wondering how this will be turned around.

The absence of certain players tonight wasn't an opportunity to shake things up, it was an opportunity to let Bertie Big Bollocks and friends have a day off as they're too prescious for a meaningless game. They've done **** all this season but can't possibly be expected to play tonight. That's got to be demoralising for those who had to play, the players we care less about getting injured or tired. the band of brothers shit seems years away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669