Post Match Porto 5 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone be judged on that?

Of course they can be judged on that! What else can they be judged on if not performance?

Of course, there are factors that we cannot be expected to know of. We don't see these guys in training for instance. We don't know about their attitudes. So we judge on the basis of what we see. That's fair enough in my book. We can't take into account stuff we don't see or know about. Fans are irrational - it's as much a part of football as the ups and downs of winning and losing.

**** the footy, I'm about to dismantle a francesinha with a few beers

Heading home from this beautiful city. The fans have been a credit to their club and city, shame the backslapping stops there.

I'm afraid that it just isn't good enough for Ranieri to offer up the blame. It wasn't about selection its more about turning out a side whose players were unmotivated and to me don't look properly match fit. I'm not talking about Mendy who appears not to have fully recovered from injury but the fringe players generally with the exception of Grey. Porto don't reckon to score many goals but confronted by a defence that had an inadequate keeper, a back four which included several non-combatants and a lame midfield, they could have scored any amount.

The club has very badly let itself down.

Ranieiri's simply trying to protect the players by taking personal responsibility. Which is, imo, the right thing to do. I do not like to hear managers slagging off their players (like 'the special one' does) in public. That sort of stuff is not good for team moral/spirit.

I think Ranieri's genuinely disappointed in the response of some of the players (he pretty much said as much, without naming names). Maybe he's let them know. Maybe he's said to one of them 'we'll be accepting the Jan bid from WBA'... because I personally think said chappie has probably played his last (meaningful) game for Leicester.

Last edited:
He doesn't need to name anyone, the entire team gave an insipid performance and he should give them a collective shoeing.

Ranieiri's simply trying to protect the players by taking personal responsibility. Which is, imo, the right thing to do. I do not like to see managers start slagging of players (like 'the special one' does) in public. That sort of stuff is not good for team moral/spirit.

I think Ranieri's genuinely disappointed in the response of some of the players (he pretty much said as much, without naming names). Maybe he's let them know. Maybe he's said to one of them 'we'll be accepting the Jan bid from WBA'... because I personally think said chappie has probably played his last (meaningful) game for Leicester.

I'll be surprised if WBA pursue the Schlupp transfer - or maybe they will buy at a rock bottom price. He seems to have regressed.

Players ushered past queues of City fans at Porto airport this morning to a chorus of 'we want our money back'.

A truly horrendous evening. Putting the performance to one side the stadium of the dragons was far less hospitable than the rest of Porto.

Not many who haven't this season

Of course and it may be a bit unfair to single out individuals but the tone for the evening was set by the total lack of proper defending for their first goal.

But what particularly annoys me is CR's empty words about him(CR) saying he takes responsibility for the Porto horror show as if this was about his selection. People are not totally stupid. They understand why a manager would select such a side but what I think is unacceptable is the lack of commitment by those selected and, I suspect, a fall in match fitness since last season. This is for what CR needs to take responsibility and for the damage to the club's reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566