Pre Match Portsmouth (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Got to start with the same team for me.

Hopefully it'll be a much better result (for us) compared to our previous trip.

I'm going for a sneaky 2-1 win. Nugent with a brace.

I shall be in attendance.

Crikey! Isn't it a bit early for PMT?

I thought we must be playing mid-week.

We'll all be sick of this thread by Friday.

Nonsense! There will be a raging 100+ post argument as to whether the much improved SSL will keep the still scary but brilliant Bamba out of the side. I will be well impressed if Pearson takes off his 'hoof-backs' spectacles and returns Bamba alongside Mills.

unchaned team Bamba and Johnson on bench, i dont think it will be easy (their new managers first home game) but i think its a game we could/should win, im going 1-2 Beckford Nugent

with it being an away game and the need for us to be more solid I would make one change bringing in Danns for Dyer so we have a similar shape and game plan as we did away to Burnley which was a classic away performance. leave Dyer on the bench and use him as an impact sub for the final 20-30 minutes. Bamba on the bench and jobs a good un ......

Mattock signing for them on loan

Play Dyer on the right hand side, and it's a guaranteed three points

Mattock signing for them on loan

Play Dyer on the right hand side, and it's a guaranteed three points

Play any ****er with two legs on the right side and we'll take the points.

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten Mattock even existed! Not been pulling up trees recently, has he?

Really hope we win this one. Can't stand Portmouth. One of my least favourite teams in the country.

Great news to hear they've signed Mattock, I hope they play him, my confidence of beating them would go up ten-fold.

would anyone like to see Mattock return?
- i didn't actually hear what he said in that interview when he left...although i did see him knock out a few girls in that club...cracking right hook.

I wouldn't want to see him return even if he hadn't left the club the way he had or got into that incident in the night club, because he was an extremely poor player. He looked out of his depth for us in League One.

I wouldn't want to see him return even if he hadn't left the club the way he had or got into that incident in the night club, because he was an extremely poor player. He looked out of his depth for us in League One.
You're right, we were blinded by his youth. Funny how players progress so differently - just because someone is fairly good at 16 doesn't mean they'll be a lot better at 20. Whatever happened to Ashley Chambers? He's at York.

You're right, we were blinded by his youth. Funny how players progress so differently - just because someone is fairly good at 16 doesn't mean they'll be a lot better at 20. Whatever happened to Ashley Chambers? He's at York.

I don't think we were ever even blinded into thinking he was going to be great at any point, were we? His hype always seemed to come from the national press for him playing for the England U21s so young (and you have to question why the England U21s would call up a 17 year old who had barely played for Championship relegation strugglers in the first place), rather than from Leicester fans for his form for Leicester.

Last edited:
I don't think we were ever even blinded into thinking he was going to be great at any point, were we? His hype always seemed to come from the nation press for him playing for the England U21s so young (and you have to question why the England U21s would call up a 17 year old who had barely played for Championship relegation strugglers in the first place), rather than from Leicester fans for his form for Leicester.
I was but I don't get to any games. :)

I thought he was going to be a steady Championship defender at the very least, shows what I know. But won't rule him out altogether yet, he's still got some time to prove me right...

Last edited:
I hope he doesn't get badly injured again if he plays. That night match at Bramall Lane back in February still rankles with Sheff U fans about how sick the chanting was from certain City fans that night. I remember cringing myself when hearing it.

1-0 to Leicester for this one. Hope that bell ringer gets all pissed off and angry.

Tunch is still out for this one, but Pantsil is fit.

I think Nige will stick with the same team.

Tunch is still out for this one, but Pantsil is fit.

I think Nige will stick with the same team.

I wouldn't be surprised to maybe see the midfield change slightly now that Pearson's had a chance to fully assess all the players as it was said somewhere that the main reason he picked his old boys for the Palace game was because he 'knew what he would get'.

I'd stick with Gally, King and Wellens - all three were fantastic last weekend - but Dyer didn't have a great game for me. I wouldn't mind seeing Schlupp given a go on the left wing; he certainly matches Dyer for pace but he's still very young and he's got the legs to last 90 minutes. I think he might bring a bit more invention to the role as well. Dyer seems to be able to run at players, but not do a lot else after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669