Pre Match Portsmouth (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson has tried to force a 4-4-2 formation on a squad that doesn't have the facilities to play it.

I wouldn't say any previous formations, with the current squad, was bringing any level of success either, so why not stick to a plan that has worked for him before.
Spot the weakness', then improve on them in the transfer window, logical?

No doubt Mattock will recieve a warm and hearty welcome. :icon_wink

I agree to a certain extent but I don't think Sven was as bad as a lot make out here. His signings this season have not lived up to the expectations we had but if he were that bad, we would have gone down last season and not been the nearly men that we were. He propelled us up the league last season, made some excellent shrewd signings and to a degree was a victim of his own success. The loan signings he made are now all playing in the premier league and I think this scuppered his plans for this season somewhat. Unfortunately his plan B has been less successful.

Pearson has tried to force a 4-4-2 formation on a squad that doesn't have the facilities to play it. Whilst the chalice at Leicester certainly has its poisons, Pearson has added his own poison to the cocktail by being stubborn and not trying to make do with what he has until the transfer window opens. By doing so he has made his job all the more difficult to do. To me that's a sign of a manager with serious limitations and a strong indicator that the board made the wrong appointment. I just hope we get it right sooner rather than later.

You REALLY don't like Pearson, do you? Why?

I wouldn't say any previous formations, with the current squad, was bringing any level of success either, so why not stick to a plan that has worked for him before.

You do realise you are going to start him off again?? :icon_evil

Possibly not. Pearson made it clear during his moan-in session that if at the start of January promotion seems unachievable, there unlikely to be any spending during the window. Since then we have gone backwards and promotion seems even more unlikely.

And responding in the usual way for hated returners, play a storming game.

Possibly not. Pearson made it clear during his moan-in session that if at the start of January promotion seems unachievable, there unlikely to be any spending during the window. Since then we have gone backwards and promotion seems even more unlikely.

Until such time as it is mathematically impossible then let's keep the faith and have a bit of optimism around our club for a change.

How dare Nigel suggest that promotion could seem unachievable now.

It's ONLY fecking JANUARY!!!

Until such time as it is mathematically impossible then let's keep the faith and have a bit of optimism around our club for a change.

How dare Nigel suggest that promotion could seem unachievable now.

It's ONLY fecking JANUARY!!!

I'm only reporting what he said. He said that an assessment would be made at the start of January and, in view of the inflated prices in this window, there would not be much spending if promotion was realistically out of reach.

And to be pedantic - It's STILL fecking DECEMBER!!!

I don't even know what our best team is anymore.

Schmeichel

Peltier - Mills - Bamba - Konchesky

Abe

Danns - King - Gallagher

Beckford - Nugent

I've lost all enthusiasm for going to the matches now.

This has been coming for a very long time now, I cannot begin to explain the difference in my enthusiasm levels from 10 years ago to today.

One thing I realised today (when playing golf of all things) is that I have no positive feeling for any of our current squad, It is made up of individuals who have never achieved anything for this club and more than likely never will, when I compare this to the Izzet/Lennon/Elliot/Taggart years It goes a long way to explaining why I have only a small amount of enthusiasm left for Leicester at the moment.

Reel me back in Leicester...

This has been coming for a very long time now, I cannot begin to explain the difference in my enthusiasm levels from 10 years ago to today.

One thing I realised today (when playing golf of all things) is that I have no positive feeling for any of our current squad, It is made up of individuals who have never achieved anything for this club and more than likely never will, when I compare this to the Izzet/Lennon/Elliot/Taggart years It goes a long way to explaining why I have only a small amount of enthusiasm left for Leicester at the moment.

Exactly how I feel.

when I compare this to the Izzet/Lennon/Elliot/Taggart years It goes a long way to explaining why I have only a small amount of enthusiasm left for Leicester at the moment.

You can tell there are a lack of heroes by the lack of any decent chants for the current bunch.

Pearson has tried to force a 4-4-2 formation on a squad that doesn't have the facilities to play it.

Funnily enough, earlier in the season people were saying we should switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 as we didn't have the players to play 4-3-3. Then we switched to the diamond and people complained about that because it "had no width."

Funnily enough, earlier in the season people were saying we should switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 as we didn't have the players to play 4-3-3. Then we switched to the diamond and people complained about that because it "had no width."

This all stems from Sven essentially, who decided that we didn't need any wingers. I think in Pearson's very first interview he identified that, which is at least encouraging for now. Nothing works with a lack of width if the central players you have aren't up to it either. It's a bit of a fiasco at the moment, which is why January can't come soon enough.

Warning for Miles Away - Gwilliam-esque lengthy rant below if you wish to scroll over it. :icon_wink

I get what you're saying, though think how those of us didn't follow Leicester in the Izzet/Lennon/Elliott/Taggart days.

I feel it's exactly like following England atm: years of expectations being built up too highly and never achieving anything mixed with a squad of players who it's difficult to like grinds you down. It's just depressing having dislikeable diving and dirty lazy moaners like Mills and Wellens as your captain and vice-captain, much like it is for England having Terry and Gerrard as your captain and vice-captain. If I didn't support Leicester right now I'd probably hate us: we've got dislikeable, big name players on silly wages who don't seem to give half a **** on the pitch and we're being run in such a haphazard boom or bust kind of way which is indicative of everything I hate about modern football culture.

I think I've pissed quite a few people off recently with my even more annoying and repetitive than usual ramblings (especially Miles Away :icon_lol:) and I apologise if I have done, but I'm just a fan who cares about his club and is frustrated about everything on and off the field and feels like the club is selling it's soul for some foreign business owners' who have no care for the club's get rich quick scheme, not saying that is what's happening, but that's what it feel's like what's happening.

It pisses me off at times and even makes me feel jealous hearing fans go on about the O'Neill/Gillies/Bloomfield days and talking about great players they saw, because I've never had that. The best players I ever saw were the likes of Paul Dickov, Les Ferdinand and Yakubu, none of whom are talked about in nearly the same breath. I'd like to see a Leicester team I'd like to call "mine" not one that I just hear older fans talk about. Not even necessarily being that successful, but just a well-knit team of loyal players and a manager who are all here for more than a couple of seasons would suit me fine. I've never seen a team or a manager that's been together long enough to gain any sort of emotional attachment to, like a lot of older fans have and it's frustrating.

I loved the idea of NP coming back, because when he was here before it felt like we were on the verge of that: it was a side full of young hungry players or players with something to prove mixed with wise old heads who always gave their all. Whether or not you thought Hobbs, Morrison, Howard, Waghorn, Fryatt and Berner were worse in quality than the players we have now and it's been debated to death now, they certainly played a lot better and put more into their game and got good performances out there and we were certainly a far better "team" regardless of how good the individuals were. King and Wellens also looked like so much better players at that time when they had something to prove and before they were given their big money lengthy contracts mid-way through last season (and they've never been the same players since).

I still hold out hope that NP will go out and get some young hungry players again as he did before and will build a team similar to 09/10, but which can go that one step further (and I'm still confident we'd have beaten Blackpool in the final who we did the double over that season if we'd have won that penalty shoot-out, not that it matters) which is why I'm looking forward to January and why I'm not as flat as some are.

I remember coming home from that Bristol City game in mid-February thinking we'd finally cracked it, as we'd learnt how to win when we weren't playing well, which is the one thing we really couldn't do at that point. I thought we were a shoe-in for the play-offs and even automativ promotion was a distinct possibility. I never thought for a second that game in fact was the game where it all started to go wrong and the last 10 1/2 months have been depressing stuff. Apart from those first 6 weeks, 2011 has been a seriously depressing time for supporting Leicester, the reasons for this have been discussed to death, not least by myself and I'm tired of playing the blame game now about it, there's so many contributing factors, but here's hoping 2012 will be a much better one. Roll on January. :038:

And I fully realise that's the most blue mongie-ish post ever.

Last edited:
I really wish our fans would give him the welcome that he deserves by ignoring him.

I would also appreciate it if the fans didn't chant "She said no...."; of course she did. I would say no to any bloke who punches me. But I forget that now "we" have a "funny" chant, we have to use it, ad nauseum, and in totally the wrong context, 'cos it's "bantoh".

For what it's worth, I identify with many of the sentiments expressed here. I'm also old enough to have seen this cycle before, and it is nothing more than a cycle.

It will end only when we get promoted to the Premier League. We've been away too long and we're all a bit sick and tired of this league and the randomness of it. We've tried and failed to kick start something a lot and when this goes on, the people watching and hoping eventually lose heart and interest. Our attendances are starting to suffer. Our support is getting increasingly apathetic.

It will all repair itself once we get to the promised land. And that will happen eventually, just by the law of averages.

I feel exactly the same way. This is the first season I've been a season ticket holder. I still went to games every season before this season, but the excitement was beginning to wane so I thought if I made the season-long commitment it might bring something back for me. It hasn't. And it isn't even about us being crap. Not all of it anyway. I just feel like I don't care. Against Ipswich I could barely bring myself to celebrate our goal. The most I've celebrated this season is when Hinckley scored their second against Tamworth in the FA Cup.

I suppose some of this feeling is because I was lucky with Leicester being a decent outfit when I was just getting into football. My first season as a fan was 1993/1994, when Little's side beat Derby at Wembley to win promotion. I missed the Wembley heartache of the previous seasons and came into football fandom used to my club being (relatively) successful. As we all know it got much, much better soon afterwards. Now the club is at its lowest historical ebb (I believe this is our longest period without top flight football? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong). We've been nothing better than a midtable second tier club (with the exception of one season) for getting on for a decade and there have been times during this period in which we have been a damned sight worse than that. Perhaps I was just spoiled when I first got into it.

But I'm not sure that does enough to explain it. If it was the only reason for my disillusionment I could just stay at home and watch better sides play on the television. But that does nothing for me. This feeling has been coming since Mandaric took over, I think. Since then the club has felt progressively less connected to those who care about it, to me at least. I'm seriously contemplating buying a season ticket at Hinckley next time around. It's cheaper, it's a half hour walk away, I'm close to the action when I watch and the players are literally playing for their livelihoods. Unlike our lot they actually have to give a sh*t. I know I'll never get back that feeling I had as a kid because football will never again matter as much to me as it did back then. But I do like the feeling of my ticket money making some difference to the club I'm watching, rather than it being just one of many revenue streams.

I'll know whether or not I'm at that stage when it comes to season ticket renewal time. I suspect I'll renew this time. But there will come a time when I stop coming back for more. And there is probably no amount of success for Leicester City able to stop that. It's modern football in general I'm feeling disinterested in.

It will all repair itself once we get to the promised land. And that will happen eventually, just by the law of averages.

Leese?

I've not heard of this law but then I've not studied for the bar - can you confirm of its existence and the veracity of BN's related statement?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670