Pre-season games

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Mercury ...

Leicester City have had to make changes to the programme for their pre-season tour of Sweden after Italian side Brescia pulled out of the tournament.

A proposed game against Swedish side Hammarby has also been cancelled.

Spanish side Real Mallorca will replace Brescia and will face City 24 hours earlier than originally scheduled, on July 14 at the Söderstadion, Stockholm.

The opening game against IK Sirius will now become part of the tournament.

It will take place on July 12 at the Student Arena in Uppsala, a student town north of Stockholm.

City will finish the tour with a game against Enskede IK on July 18 at the Enskede IP, Stockholm. All games kick off at 7pm.

In a statement, City said: "The club would like to extend its apologies to supporters that have already made travel arrangements and could subsequently be affected by the change in schedule.

"Changes to the competition have been outside our control.

"The club has been assured that tickets already purchased for the originally-scheduled games will be transferable for the rearranged fixtures.

"Those supporters who have already purchased tickets should e-mail [email protected] for further information."

From The Mercury ...

The real pity of this is that the club must have known about this on Thursday afternoon at the latest, but took until Monday evening to tell the fans about it - and then only after innumerable emails had been sent to them and Radio Leicester had become involved.

Last edited:
I have a customer in Villach but unfortunately I'll be in Japan the week of the games :icon_cry:

Im sure you can get it re-arranged? :icon_wink

Unfortunately not, just lucky my 11 day trip to Japan isn't during the season tbh, it's bad enough missing 2 40 over games at Grace Road.

Last edited:
Games against Bursapor and Valencia in southern Austria added to OP

I understand that games in this Austrian tournament are normally streamed live on ##### but I can find no confirmation of this anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of the games in Austria have been moved on police advice.

Moved how?

To a different location, or a different time?

Was just checking.

Same date, same time, same country. They've been moved about 25 miles east. New venues in OP.

Bloody hell! Real Madrid and Valencia within 7 days of each other, I know they are only pre-season friendlies, but we can't have played 2 of the best teams in Europe within the space of a week too many times before.

Last edited:
Bloody hell! Real Madrid and Valencia within 7 days of each other, I know they are only pre-season friendlies, but we can't have played 2 of the best teams in Europe within the space of a week too many times before.

:018: THREE. You missed out the mighty Kettering Town in between these two matches.

What do you know? They've made yet another change in the pre-season tour to Sweden but, not surprsingly, there's nothing on lcfc.com about it yet.

The game against Enskede IK has now been cancelled; the third game will now be against Vasalunds IF at Kristineberg IP. Same day, same time. I will update the OP shortly

is the travelling party there yet?, any news on who went/who stayed behind?

Flew out of Heathrow this morning and are staying in Uppsala. No news about personnel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670