Prediction League

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has obviously taken notice of this thread because he has just added an extra set of fixtures to predict :081::icon_lol:

Any chance of giving it it's own sub-forum (much like the Anorak League has)? I'm fed up of having the 'LCFC' forum over-ran by it. I'm sure people who want to read the 'LCFC' goss feel the same. Ta :)

Two threads for each set of matches - and that's over-ran [sic]?

You miserable fecker, just because you were crap at it.......:081:

No, no, no. He wasn't crap at it. One week he got over 40 points!

Trouble was he reckons he sent them (the predictions) to me by text - I didn't receive them. He was most upset when he sent them to me again three days after the games and I declined to give him any points for them. Hasn't submitted another one since.

i'm sure this has been discussed a few times before. i guess if jeff gets loads of complaints he may consider it.

Will you be changing your sig to reflect the fact that you were relegated the following season?
:icon_wink

Last edited:
he has obviously taken notice of this thread because he has just added an extra set of fixtures to predict :081::icon_lol:

I've only just had time to read the thread and will respond to it. There is no sub-forum at this moment.

The fear is that people are more likely to forget about it. And new people won't be able to join in as they don't know it's there.

I agree - and I note that by far the majority of people who want it moved are people who don't take part. I am sure that the 60 or more people who do submit their predictions every week would prefer it to be as accessible as possible.

Each thread is clearly entitled "Prediction League" (or "Prediction Cup") and I am not sure that is enough to make people avoid them if that is what they want.

But the majority of people dont take part! So why should they have to have the LCFC forum over ran with threads that are not related to LCFC.

I agree - and I note that by far the majority of people who want it moved are people who don't take part. I am sure that the 60 or more people who do submit their predictions every week would prefer it to be as accessible as possible.

Each thread is clearly entitled "Prediction League" (or "Prediction Cup") and I am not sure that is enough to make people avoid them if that is what they want.

But a single sticky thread (closed to non mods) would make it just as easy for people who take part to see when new matches are available, and wouldn't be so annoying to the majority of people who aren't interested.

Currently five of the last 8 replies in the LCFC forum are prediction league threads, and they're not LCFC related, they shouldn't be there. The prediction league is well established enough now for people not to need to see them there.

If they were moved to a new forum I could also set it up so that people who are not interested could opt out of seeing them completely.

why not make a prediction league sticky thread where no-one can post in lcfc and have a link for the new thread(s) til people get used to it??

or......

have it's own forum but sticky the next week's thread in the lcfc forum? then there will only ever be one there?

I like that idea.

thats what i meant

I'm not sure if that wouldn't be even more annoying for those that don't want to see the word's "Prediction League". Just as I sometimes wonder why I have to see "Foxes Trust" at the top of the Leicester City forum index those few times I actually go to it.

I'm not sure if that wouldn't be even more annoying for those that don't want to see the word's "Prediction League". Just as I sometimes wonder why I have to see "Foxes Trust" at the top of the Leicester City forum index those few times I actually go to it.

One sticky thread would be better than the seven prediction threads currently showing on the first page of th LCFC forum.

But a single sticky thread (closed to non mods) would make it just as easy for people who take part to see when new matches are available, and wouldn't be so annoying to the majority of people who aren't interested.

Currently five of the last 8 replies in the LCFC forum are prediction league threads, and they're not LCFC related, they shouldn't be there. The prediction league is well established enough now for people not to need to see them there.

If they were moved to a new forum I could also set it up so that people who are not interested could opt out of seeing them completely.

OK - let's give it a go.

Would the new sub-forum be opt-out? If it were necessary to opt-in, it would be obstructive to new joiners.

One sticky thread would be better than the seven prediction threads currently showing on the first page of th LCFC forum.

Most of that is because I have just been in holiday, I would have thought. Anyway, I have submitted to your desires and am looking forward to the new sub-forum.

If you can do that, why can't we have the ability to mark entire threads as 'ignorable'?

Even though I post in them, it would get rid of those crap 'three word story' and 'word association' threads for people for ever!

Are you mixing me up with someone else? I finished runner-up!

eeerrr... yes!
:icon_redf

It's all these people being horrid at me.
:090:

If you can do that, why can't we have the ability to mark entire threads as 'ignorable'?

Even though I post in them, it would get rid of those crap 'three word story' and 'word association' threads for people for ever!

Glory, glory!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670