Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they’re as shit when we play them in a couple of weeks too.
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that is their next game. We've got three to play before then.

The Baggies have hit form because they know they're going down and individually players are putting themselves in the shop window. You know it's true.

Dulux have given me the chuckle I need in the morning to set me off on the right foot. Anyone that trolls Spurs is OK in my book.

I look forward to M&S becoming the official socks and undies partner for some club.

Official paint partners. As a great man once said; ‘**** off and die
Baffling isn't it?

I mean, if you asked any random person in the street to name a brand of paint 90% would probably say Dulux. So why would they need to 'raise their profile' by having an association with a football club famous for winning **** all?

This is corporate culture for you. I can guarantee that the only reason for any of it is that exec level staff will be enjoying some very nice champagne hospitality when crowds are allowed back.

Also some freebie high-end merch will wing it's way toward them at the start of the season, Xmas etc. Most of it will end up on ebay.

I once worked for a company who had one of these bullshit deals with Wolves. 3 board members & a regional manager availed themselves of the Molineux hospitality suites almost every match. When they didn't go they would give company ID to friends so they could avail themselves of it.
Not one of them was a Wolves fan. One of them didn't even like football. But all of them very much enjoyed the free booze & food on matchdays (especially the booze)

Meanwhile the rest of us celebrated with a 3 year pay freeze.

All of this is the "normal" people are so anxious to get back to I'm told. Only it'll be worse.

Well, in fairness to the club(s), they do well enough out of the deals (one presumes anyway) The booze and prawn sandwiches might be free to those partaking but someone's paying over the odds for them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the entitled but I am seeing it in another context. It all smells though, this corporate hospitality stuff - and I've benefited from it due to my uncle's (then) connections with Leicester Tigers.

I read somewhere (here? elsewhere?) that there's a weird combo of Europa/CL results that could see 4th in the EPL not qualifying for the CL. After the results midweek, I think that weird combo is still possible. Or maybe not as it had summat to do with Liverpool.

Can anyone remind me how it goes?

If Arsenal win the EL, and Chelsea win the CL and at the same time doesn’t get into the top 4, the 4th place will lose it’s CL spot.

If Arsenal win the EL, and Chelsea win the CL and at the same time doesn’t get into the top 4, the 4th place will lose it’s CL spot.
Christ.

So an Arsenal side that don't look like even making the top 6 will end up in the CL while 4th misses out. ****ing wonderful. Laughable. & indefensible on every level.

Just imagine us pipping Chelsea for 4th by beating them in the league match & we still don't get a CL place.

Penalised for losing. Penalised equally for winning. The modern game will finally have acheived a state of Nirvana by being utterly pointless. & they won't even need their ****ing super league to do it.

Meltdown.

"Andrex...not just for puppies. You can use it on your arse an' all"

(accompanied by a photo of David Luiz being shit)

Company I work for has a box at Villa due to the CEO being a fan, other than him not one other person that goes and gets wankered on free booze likes villa, there has been some interesting scenes when 9 people start screaming when the opposition scores..

Nor Chelsea winning the CL for that matter
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but yeah. The funniest outcome would be Man City getting to the final and Benzema scoring a hat trick against them. Then crocked Hazard is wheeled out to take a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566