Premier League 2022/23

FvJae-CX0A86ebO

Must be amazing to work in football.

Complete divorce from reality.

Clearly under qualified for the job, no discernible talent, abysmal track record in the same role, unfit for purpose on every level.

Gets the job, massive remuneration, nothing expected in return. Leave having achieved nothing. On to the next massive earner.

& if it all fails again...it's off to a media role to be asked your learned opinion on all the things you were yourself shit at.

Nothing compares to it.

Well, except working in British business if you went to public school.

Must be amazing to work in football.

Complete divorce from reality.

Clearly under qualified for the job, no discernible talent, abysmal track record in the same role, unfit for purpose on every level.

Gets the job, massive remuneration, nothing expected in return. Leave having achieved nothing. On to the next massive earner.

& if it all fails again...it's off to a media role to be asked your learned opinion on all the things you were yourself shit at.

Nothing compares to it.

Well, except working in British business if you went to public school.
And politics, obviously

Ok, so Sam has gone up Leeds. Can someone convince me that this is not something to worry about, and if fact something to be happy about? I fear he'll get the obligatory new manager bounce, which, even if just one win, may be enough.

Ok, so Sam has gone up Leeds. Can someone convince me that this is not something to worry about, and if fact something to be happy about? I fear he'll get the obligatory new manager bounce, which, even if just one win, may be enough.
I don't think he has time, and he certainly doesn't have a transfer window. But on the otherhand their final match is against Spurs. The way I see it is that there's five teams in trouble, we don't need to worry about whether the other one to get themselves out of it is Forest, Leeds, Everton or even Southampton. We just need to worry about getting Leicester out of trouble

Statistically, on average a 'new manager bounce' is a misnomer as teams simply revert to their appropriate league position based on the quality of the squad (which is typically directly correlated to the total of wages paid).

So for Leeds, my belief is their squad is a bottom-5 squad (particularly as they're not set up in any way to play Big Sam's style).

That all being said, with only four matches left, we're pretty much at the "toss of a coin" stage of picking the relegated teams.

Evidence suggests that 'new manager bounce' is mythical.

Ok, thanks all. I feel a tiny bit better now.

Shithouse a 1-0 win.

Something we look completely incapable of.

Well I’m worried now. I think he’ll keep them up.

Allardyce teams usually only see an improvement in results after a few weeks. He has a clear approach which requires players to adapt.

He simply doesn't have time to do this. However, he's a deceptively intelligent manager and I'm sure he knows that his usual system won't work this time.

Leeds have enough to get a couple of results. Allardyce makes them much more likely to get them than Gracia.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463