Premier League 23/24

Hope Newcastle get a soft penalty in the second half to kill it off and just to watch Carragher cry at full time.

What bollocks he was talking at half time there - if Van Dijk doesn't swipe him then he's clean through.

On the BBC now....

'Difficult for Trent'​

Newcastle 1-0 Leicester
5aaae4e2-8b99-4d7b-a83b-1c9336b3a52f.jpg

Pat Nevin
Former Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live

Cracking finish that. 80 mins. Pretty much the first chance Liverpool have had in the game.

Nunes again. 2-1. Can't help but laugh at Newcastle myself. Cruising to victory, undone by two quality finishes against 10 men....

Who was saying the PL is shit??

Fantastic games today, almost feel worn out just watching them!

Who was saying the PL is shit??

Fantastic games today, almost feel worn out just watching them!

Yep - both matches absolutely superb

Newcaslte game changed completely when they took Gordon off, and brought Barnes on. Gordon occupied them on that side both defensively and offensively. Barnes did neither

Rank stupidity from Howe

Yep - both matches absolutely superb

Newcaslte game changed completely when they took Gordon off, and brought Barnes on. Gordon occupied them on that side both defensively and offensively. Barnes did neither

Rank stupidity from Howe
As per the other thread, Tonali and Joelinton going off for Longataff and Anderson was like trading BMWs for Ladas too!

As per the other thread, Tonali and Joelinton going off for Longataff and Anderson was like trading BMWs for Ladas too!

Yep

Literally handed them the game on a plate - awful stuff

Two home games and two incidents

And this from the folk who flew a “white lives matter” banner last time they were in the Premier League.

I predict that this is the tipping point for Brighton. We've been there before with over-reaching and ending up with resentment in the dressing room. This is what will do it for this lot. The nature of chasing the top six and trying to compete in Europe leads to batshit stupid decisions like this.

I predict that this is the tipping point for Brighton. We've been there before with over-reaching and ending up with resentment in the dressing room. This is what will do it for this lot. The nature of chasing the top six and trying to compete in Europe leads to batshit stupid decisions like this.

You may be right. They've broken their model to do this & we know how that can end up. I actually hope not as I'm a big fan of the way they've done things down there.

This season was always going to be next level for them with having to deal with europe for the first time & it looks like that's what's driving the new approach.

Best case scenario is probably that he has a great season then one of the big boys buys him for the national debt of Mexico next July.

They're essentially a shitter version of us at our peak but they will fail back to nothing land with nothing to show for it.

Without success each year or a huge fan base, it's simply not sustainable, as we found out.

We were lauded as the best run club for a few years but all it took was a couple of poor boardroom decisions and poor transfer windows and we were ****ed.

Brighton will be exactly the same as players will now demand big wages, as proven in this instance, and teams will want big transfer fees or sell on fees at least - they've had their time under the radar but not any more.

They don't have the natural revenue streams to support a few transfer failures - their fans are fickle as **** as I can remember them booing under Potter at times, despite them being at their highest ever plave at that time, so they will soon be playing in a half empty stadium again when they're mid table at best.

It will be interesting how things play out now as there is no way players like Dunk are going to be happy about being paid half as much as some newbie who has done nothing to get them where they are.

It will also be interesting on the pitch too as the European campaign will add a different challenge to them with the extra games and they also now appear to be similar to how we were on the pitch in that they are a very lightweight team now - not much of a physical presence now and we could see more teams shit house them like Everton did last season and West Ham already this one.

Breaking that model so massively will result in one thing for Brighton.

And they won **** all during their good period.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663