Premier League 23/24

Exciting for them, though, isn’t it?

I mean Fati was, not too long ago, viewed as the best young talent in world football. I’d be buzzing if I were a Brighton fan.

Some proper terminal misery guts on here these days.

Exactly. I'm envious of them right now - and I'd imagine so of those making the comments above are too.

Fati is a very exciting signing.

There's a chance it will go the same way for them as it has for enough. Almost inevitable it will eventually. But they might also get some good times to enjoy before that, and may sustain it for longer than we did.

I wouldn't trade our good times for mediocrity by not overreaching - and I hope Brighton get to enjoy their time too.

Exactly. I'm envious of them right now - and I'd imagine so of those making the comments above are too.

There's a chance it will go the same way for them as it has for enough. Almost inevitable it will eventually. But they might also get some good times to enjoy before that, and may sustain it for longer than we did.

I wouldn't trade our good times for mediocrity by not overreaching - and I hope Brighton get to enjoy their time too.
Spot on.

I remember watching City play Brighton once in temporary stands at a dump of a place, and it had to be on a Friday because the council didn’t want to interrupt shopping on Saturdays. It was horrible.

Fair play to them for building from there to a place where they are signing one of Barcelonas shining lights.

It’s a brilliant story.

Spot on.
We were always going to regress at some point. I think most of us on here are just angry it happened so quickly and so unnecessarily in the space of two years. And yes it does make me incredibly envious of seeing Brighton and Brentford doing what we were doing just two years ago.

I'm not envious of them. I wish we weren't in the Championship now, but that's separate to where they are and I wouldn't swap what we've had over the last 10 years for what they've had over the last couple. I think they appear to be a well run club, but most outside people would have said that about us up until about 18 months ago. We are where we are, as someone once said.

Being envious of them right now isn’t the same as wanting to trade what we did for stability. I wouldn’t swap what we did for anything, even though it’s landed us here.

Being envious of them right now isn’t the same as wanting to trade what we did for stability. I wouldn’t swap what we did for anything, even though it’s landed us here.
But I’m not envious of them right now at all. For where they are now, you could equally choose Southampton a few years ago too, as well as us. I guess I just don’t look at other teams that much.

I think Ross Barkley is my favourite player to watch

Hilarious

Luton are desperately shit, aren’t they

Jebus

I think they are doing the right thing. They went up well before they were prepared for it so they've not done anything silly. They've added mainly young players who are probably better suited to the Championship. When they go down, they will have a fat pile of cash and a much stronger group to come up again and give it a proper go.

I think they are doing the right thing. They went up well before they were prepared for it so they've not done anything silly. They've added mainly young players who are probably better suited to the Championship. When they go down, they will have a fat pile of cash and a much stronger group to come up again and give it a proper go.
This is also true but I also believe that a season of getting battered could destroy the morale of players and fans.

Definitely done the right thing and if they want to be serious contenders to compete in the PL, their next signing should be a construction company to start work on a new ground - those VAR pictures earlier were ridiculous!

We’d have defo given them at least 4 points were we a Prem team this year.

Since their owners took over Chelsea have spent over 1.1 billion…. amortisation Is cheating. It just ****ing is.

Since their owners took over Chelsea have spent over 1.1 billion…. amortisation Is cheating. It just ****ing is.
Just hope all the players turn out to be shite & they end up stuck with them. Like us on a much bigger scale.

Some of the ones they've already bought are already on the treatment table.

LCFC 2.0

The dog bob derby right now is actually quite exciting

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669