Premier League 23/24

It’s also weird to have a system that is supposed to exist to correct errors… that makes ****ing errors.

How is that tackle not a sending off if that is what you are suggesting?
Because as the weird manc commentator said, his foot slid over the top of the ball. I don’t think it was serious foul play. It was just unfortunate his foot ended up sliding over and making contact.

Look at the challenge again. He went in studs first with little or no intent to play the ball. The fact that he did slide over the top of it is irrelevant in my opinion.

He went in dangerously and was punished correctly in the end IMO.

I’m sure they will show it at half time. I will VAR my opinion then.

I do sort of miss the referee making his own decision there and then rather than approaching a TV that has a freeze frame already on it of the contact. If you are going to play it on the screen, start by playing the whole thing so there is some context.

It's a red card. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever if he deliberately intends to hurt his opponent or not. It's a reckless tackle and could easily have broken a leg.

It's a red card. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever if he deliberately intends to hurt his opponent or not. It's a reckless tackle and could easily have broken a leg.
I don’t know. Is it serious foul play? Has he used excessive force or brutality or has his foot slid over the ball. At its very highest I’d say it’s possibly reckless, but my gut says it’s more unfortunate than anything else.

I don’t know. Is it serious foul play? Has he used excessive force or brutality or has his foot slid over the ball. At its very highest I’d say it’s possibly reckless, but my gut says it’s more unfortunate than anything else.
It's a tough one. I think it's a red but it's closer than I originally thought.

What is a problem however is exactly what you wrote previously. Having the VAR monitor on the point of contact rather than playing the whole thing from the start is ludicrous.

Also, I don't know what the **** is going in with the morons in charge of VAR today; Diaz was well onside.

Also why was Liverpools first goal not onside… it looked like it clearly was onside. It reminds me of that goal Man U were given against us that was blatantly off but waved through.

Yeah **** the red card - which is 50/50 in my opinion - how the blue blazing **** is that offside?

It‘s completely ****ing ruined football

Also why was Liverpools first goal not onside… it looked like it clearly was onside. It reminds me of that goal Man U were given against us that was blatantly off but waved through.
It is also notable that the decision was instant with no silly ****ing lines. Like you say it was clearly onside.

I also believe that sky have been paid/persuaded/forced to not be controversial as anyone can clearly see it was clearly onside.

It is also notable that the decision was instant with no silly ****ing lines. Like you say it was clearly onside.

I also believe that sky have been paid/persuaded/forced to not be controversial as anyone can clearly see it was clearly onside.
My inner cynic says Man City lost today and someone wants them to stay top.

Having said all of this, I can equally see why a ref confronted with that freeze frame as a starter for ten would decide its a red. His decision is instantly influenced.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663