Premier League Predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is that it's going to be 3 from 5 going down. I really can't see anyone else being dragged in. So fundamentally we've got a 60% chance (3 in 5) of being one of those relegated. Add to this, the fact that we've currently got less points than everyone else and I'd always take actual points over potential points. With this in mind, if you run the remaining fixtures out repeatedly, I'd expect us to go down 2 out of 3 times.

This is my revised forecast. I've got us relegated before we play QPR. Having said that, the margins here are unbelievably tight. There are so many individual scores that result in a totally different picture and I certainly didn't see us winning on Saturday. I see us getting a point at Burnley and Sunderland and beating Newcastle and QPR.

16 Hull 38
17 Burnley 35
18 QPR 34
19 Sunderland 34
20 Leicester 33

#stillgoingdownwithbrownnose

I'm glad I don't share your pessimism BN...when even if you are right you'll be miserable. I plan on enjoying the ride for as long as possible.

You think Hull will get another 10 points?

From these games?

Palace(A), Liverpool(H), Arsenal(H), Burnley(H), Spurs(A), Man Utd(H)

Are you cafe in disguise?

Those fixtures aren't that bad. I have them beating Burnley, Liverpool and Spurs. It's much worse having a run in against teams desperate for points than against teams whose seasons are pretty much over. Both Liverpool and Spurs are awful at the moment and their league seasons are pretty much dead.

Given their run in and recent form there's a chance that West Brom could be dragged in as well.

Those fixtures aren't that bad. I have them beating Burnley, Liverpool and Spurs. It's much worse having a run in against teams desperate for points than against teams whose seasons are pretty much over. Both Liverpool and Spurs are awful at the moment and their league seasons are pretty much dead.

In Liverpool's last 6 league games they've beaten Southampton, Man City, Burnley and Swansea, and lost to Man U and Arsenal who are the two in form teams at the moment.
In Hull's last 6 league games they've lost to Southampton, Swansea, Chelsea and Stoke, and drawn with Leicester and Sunderland.

So as "bad" as Liverpool are at the moment, they're nowhere near as bad as Hull.

I'm glad I don't share your pessimism BN...when even if you are right you'll be miserable. I plan on enjoying the ride for as long as possible.

Was only a few days ago he was telling us the maximum amount of points we had any hope of achieving would be 27, and everyone else was delusional for thinking anything else

Now he's up to 33, but we're still going down

He'll be devastated if we stay up

We will stay up, hull, burnely qpr down

Absolute cobblers.

They'll be lucky to come away from those three games with any more than a single point
In addition, Palace are absolutely on fire at the moment. I'll be stunned if Hull scrape 5 points out of that fixture list. They're firmly in the shit.
In Liverpool's last 6 league games they've beaten Southampton, Man City, Burnley and Swansea, and lost to Man U and Arsenal who are the two in form teams at the moment.
In Hull's last 6 league games they've lost to Southampton, Swansea, Chelsea and Stoke, and drawn with Leicester and Sunderland.

So as "bad" as Liverpool are at the moment, they're nowhere near as bad as Hull.

That didn't quite quote in the way I expected. Still, the point came across I hope.

Hull are going down. The only question is, who will they be replacing in the bottom three?

I had lost a bit of hope but two wins in a row has put us back in it at exactly the right time. We definitely have the best run in. Not the easiest necessarily, but the best as we play virtually every time we need to climb above

Burnley will stay up with us. Hull, Sunderland and QPR down

Burnley will stay up with us. Hull, Sunderland and QPR down

I think you might have a point there. Burnley's run in isn't that bad. They have shown they can pick up some unexpected points. Also if Villa continue to climb out of trouble then on the last day they may not need to win so if Burnley do need a win then their additional desire may be enough to get the better of Villa.

Newcastle look a horrendous side at the moment, I doubt they will go down as I think they have enough points but blimey they are bad.

Just had my furst go with this, giving this as the table going in to the final match...

17 Leicester 37 -18 34
18 QPR 37 -21 32
19 Sunderland 37 -28 29
20 Hull 37 -21 28

Predicting our results as:
Swansea (h) D
Burnley (a) D
Chelsea (h) L
Newcastle (h) W
Southampton (h) D
Sunderland (a) W

Our fate in our hands and needing a draw against fellow strugglers? I'd bite your hand off.

Liverpool are 4 points off a Champions League place and Citeh aren't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

Just had my furst go with this, giving this as the table going in to the final match...

17 Leicester 37 -18 34
18 QPR 37 -21 32
19 Sunderland 37 -28 29
20 Hull 37 -21 28

Predicting our results as:
Swansea (h) D
Burnley (a) D
Chelsea (h) L
Newcastle (h) W
Southampton (h) D
Sunderland (a) W

Our fate in our hands and needing a draw against fellow strugglers? I'd bite your hand off.
My hand would already be bit, the nails all the way up to the elbow.

A win against Swansea who have nothing to play for and I think we might just bloody do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669