Premier League Predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think WBA and Villa are still in the mire on sub 35 points. Of course they probably only need a couple more points each but they (particularly WBA) are not playing well or getting results.

He'll be devastated if we stay up

Au contraire dear boy, au contraire. I would be bewildered, staggered and shocked but I would also be delighted.

Whilst there are plenty of you getting carried away at the moment, there are some plain facts worth remembering. For example, we still haven't played well for more than half a game all season and we still can't defend to save our lives. We're still an awful side.

What we have found from the depths of somewhere is some guts and some fight. We could so easily have lost our last two matches against superior teams. However, where they got sloppy or tired, we took advantage led by our Argentinian warrior.

I'd love the same thing to continue to happen but the chances aren't great. Either we need to actually start playing well or we're going to need to get incredibly lucky. Teams that pass the ball well have beaten us easily this season and Swansea fit that bill. If we get a result against them, I will have to start to believe that something remarkable is afoot. However, for now, all I've seen is a flicker of the eyes from someone on life support.

In Liverpool's last 6 league games they've beaten Southampton, Man City, Burnley and Swansea, and lost to Man U and Arsenal who are the two in form teams at the moment.
In Hull's last 6 league games they've lost to Southampton, Swansea, Chelsea and Stoke, and drawn with Leicester and Sunderland.

So as "bad" as Liverpool are at the moment, they're nowhere near as bad as Hull.

I predicted each round of results and then, before predicting the next lot, looked at the table. This gives you an idea of who is playing for what. Of the teams in trouble, I think Hull have the best players and the most experienced Premier League manager. They're in poor form and definitely shite right now but I think they've got enough to pull some results out of the bag.

Liverpool won't finish top four. The best they can do is focus on the FA Cup. I have them finishing 5th (just) but they're not a difficult side to beat is you want it enough. Much like Spurs. I'd rather face them in the run in than Hull.

Having said all this, of course none of us will be anywhere near close to the actual results otherwise we'd be millionaires.

I predicted each round of results and then, before predicting the next lot, looked at the table. This gives you an idea of who is playing for what. Of the teams in trouble, I think Hull have the best players and the most experienced Premier League manager. They're in poor form and definitely shite right now but I think they've got enough to pull some results out of the bag.

Liverpool won't finish top four. The best they can do is focus on the FA Cup. I have them finishing 5th (just) but they're not a difficult side to beat is you want it enough. Much like Spurs. I'd rather face them in the run in than Hull.

Having said all this, of course none of us will be anywhere near close to the actual results otherwise we'd be millionaires.
In your case, a miserable millionaire :icon_wink

I just ran through a Premier League list of remaining fixtures and came up with Leicester avoiding relegation in 16th place after winning the last game of the season against QPR. So bottom 3 up to the last game and a win needed to get out of the drop zone in a who gets relegated decider with QPR. Its a nail biter.

15th Aston Villa 39pts
16th Leicester City 34pts
17th Hull City 32pts
18th Sunderland 31pts
19th Burnley 31pts
20th QPR 30pts

My predictions for points from the last few weeks (for what they're worth) are ...
Sunderland ...
Stoke(A) 1
Southampton(H), 0
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 3
Arsenal(A), 0
Chelsea(A) 0
Total 34

Hull ...
Palace(A), 1
Liverpool(H), 1
Arsenal(H), 0
Burnley(H), 3
Spurs(A), 0
Man Utd(H) 0

QPR ...
West Ham(H), 1
Liverpool(A), 0
Man City(A), 1
Newcastle(H), 1
Leicester(A) 0

Burnley ...
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 0
West Ham(A), 1
Hull(A), 0
Stoke(H), 1
Villa(A) 0

Villa ...
Man City(A), 1
Everton(H), 3
West Ham(H), 1
Southampton(A), 0
Burnley(H) 3

Leicester ...
Swansea(H) 1
Burnley(A) 1
Chelsea(H) 0
Newcastle(H) 1
Southampton(H) 1
Sunderland(A) 3
QPR(H) 3

Villa 39
Leicester 35
Sunderland 34
Hull 33
QPR 29
Burnley 29

Your Sunderland-Leicester game is going to be a real 6 pointer, seeing as how you have both taking 3 points!

And Burnley getting no points against us, but we take 1 point off them!

So us and Sunderland are going to be allowed three points each from our game with one another? I'll take that.

So, that should read ...

Leicester ...
Swansea(H) 1
Burnley(A) 1
Chelsea(H) 0
Newcastle(H) 1
Southampton(H) 1
Sunderland(A) 3
QPR(H) 3

Sunderland ...
Stoke(A) 1
Southampton(H), 0
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 0
Arsenal(A), 0
Chelsea(A) 0
Total 31

Villa 39
Leicester 35
Hull 33
Sunderland 31
QPR 29
Burnley 29

I predicted each round of results and then, before predicting the next lot, looked at the table.

Liverpool won't finish top four. The best they can do is focus on the FA Cup. I have them finishing 5th (just)

So you have Liverpool finishing 5th, but you think their season is already dead.

How does that work then?

Is qualifying for Europe not something to play for these days?

Sunderland v City a real 6 pointer
as both teams get 3 points?

My predictions for points from the last few weeks (for what they're worth) are ...
Sunderland ...
Stoke(A) 1
Southampton(H), 0
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 3
Arsenal(A), 0
Chelsea(A) 0
Total 34

Hull ...
Palace(A), 1
Liverpool(H), 1
Arsenal(H), 0
Burnley(H), 3
Spurs(A), 0
Man Utd(H) 0

QPR ...
West Ham(H), 1
Liverpool(A), 0
Man City(A), 1
Newcastle(H), 1
Leicester(A) 0

Burnley ...
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 0
West Ham(A), 1
Hull(A), 0
Stoke(H), 1
Villa(A) 0

Villa ...
Man City(A), 1
Everton(H), 3
West Ham(H), 1
Southampton(A), 0
Burnley(H) 3

Leicester ...
Swansea(H) 1
Burnley(A) 1
Chelsea(H) 0
Newcastle(H) 1
Southampton(H) 1
Sunderland(A) 3
QPR(H) 3

Villa 39
Leicester 35
Sunderland 34
Hull 33
QPR 29
Burnley 29

Last edited:
If we beat Swansea and move off the bottom of the table, then I'll really start believing. I think we could even stay up on goal difference given how tight it is now.

So you have Liverpool finishing 5th, but you think their season is already dead.

How does that work then?

Is qualifying for Europe not something to play for these days?

Chelsea won the League Cup, so sixth qualifies too. The FA Cup final will probably be contested by Liverpool and Arsenal, in which case seventh qualifies too. With Man City's form they'll be pushing for fourth though!

Sunderland ...
Stoke(A) 1
Southampton(H), 0
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 3
Arsenal(A), 0
Chelsea(A) 0
Total 34

Hull ...
Palace(A), 1
Liverpool(H), 1
Arsenal(H), 0
Burnley(H), 3
Spurs(A), 0
Man Utd(H) 0

QPR ...
West Ham(H), 1
Liverpool(A), 0
Man City(A), 1
Newcastle(H), 1
Leicester(A) 0

Burnley ...
Everton(A), 1
Leicester(H), 0
West Ham(A), 1
Hull(A), 0
Stoke(H), 1
Villa(A) 0

Villa ...
Man City(A), 1
Everton(H), 3
West Ham(H), 1
Southampton(A), 0
Burnley(H) 3

Leicester ...
Swansea(H) 1
Burnley(A) 1
Chelsea(H) 0
Newcastle(H) 1
Southampton(H) 1
Sunderland(A) 3
QPR(H) 3

Villa 39
Leicester 35
Sunderland 34
Hull 33
QPR 29
Burnley 29

If you're including Villa then I would suggesting including WBA as well. Their fixtures are horrendous, have just shipped 7 goals against two bottom 3 teams, and could quite possibly get zero more points (if Newcastle start bucking their ideas up), and finish on 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669