Q & A session with R. K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone go to this last night??? or more to the point were pertinant questions asked and answered to the satisfaction of the people who went

western road said:
Did anyone go to this last night??? or more to the point were pertinant questions asked and answered to the satisfaction of the people who went

Yes & Yes :) :icon_wink

Nicked from DavieG, who nicked it from somewhere else so its probably changed several times along the way!!!

From FoxFanzine:

As posted by: LeicesterDeano

Was a really good night overall. About 150-200 people there and Rob did his best to answer every question as honestly as possible.

Main points were:

- He had no intention of going anywhere near signing Ryan Smith. Birch earlier mentioned loan players who 'keep their head down'. This would support everyone's theory that he is a bit of a showpony, who hangs around in the wrong crowd.

- Rob seemed to reveal that Maybury and Tiatto will play wide right and left respectively as they make us 'hard to beat'. Maybury has a great understanding with Stearman. He did single out Josh Low for praise though.

- The board will not sell Stearman, although they could do due to the interest already shown in him. He is level-headed and wants to play for the club.

- The centre-mid pairing will probably be one from each of the following two groups - AJ/Weso and Hughes/Williams. It would seem most likely to be AJ and Williams.

- Louis Doods is the most natural finisher at the club and has a bright future ahead of him.

- As for the keepers, he described Rab and Hendo as 'competitive for this division'. And throughout the night he referred to the squad as saying we 'have what we have'. Which may suggest he would like a new keeper but can't afford anything that would improve on the current ones.

I would think that keeper is the only major doubt in his starting line up, which I would predict as follows:

Keeper?

RB - Stearman
CB - MaCarthy
CB - Kenton (until Kisnorbo returns)
LB - Johannsen

RM - Maybury
CM - Johnson
CM - Williams
LM - Tiatto

CF - Hume
CF - Fryatt

RK did make it clear that he knew his starting line up already.

One of the funnier bits was when RK was asked how he prepares the players in the moments leading up to the game. He recalled the home game against Preston last season (1-0 up early on and lost 2-1). In the week, he put together a montage of clips of players being 'aggresive' in matches and put a Kasabian song over it. He quoted that this was a one-off and he was normally quite calm but decdied to try and psyche them up. RK said he wouldn't do it again for fear of them 'taking the f**king roof off!' with MaCarthy saying 'f**king let me at em!'. He didn't want to put too much pressure on Paddy, but said that he could develop into a Walshie character, if he continues to make progress.

Overall, RK seemed like a top, down-to-earth fella, who genuinely wants to do well, whilst knowing the limitations of the team.

Let's hope he can do as he says.

Bring on Luton...

As posted by stevostadium:

I actually raised 2 questions last night. The first, which referred to Maybury and Tiaato playing wide would not penetrate teams ( and consequently got ripped by the Birch for wearing a stripey paul and shark shirt!!) which was covered as detailed in the posts above.
The seccond question asked, was why re-sign Tiatto when the wages could have been freed up to sign Welsh from Sunderland. The question was not read out, but was aware that i had written it, cos when he answered the Maybury question he basically said "we have what we have" and then went on about how much of a good lad Welsh was.
This obviously means that 1) Tiatto signed a very cheap contract and wages would be far less than Welsh's and /or 2) Sunderland would have wanted a fee for Welsh.

Good night out, and was very impressed with RK, he genuinely wants to do well for the club, and I think progress will be made this season, but whether we have the strength in depth to reach the play offs remains to be seen

I still don't buy into the Stearman theory.

He is a good player, but he is no world beater. If there has been substantial interest, get the money and run.

He is a good player and he wants to play for City, which is great, but I want to play for City, it doesn't mean I should be allowed.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stearman and I want him to stay, as he is an ok Right Back. But I'd sell him tomorrow if the offer could help improve the squad in his and other positions.

Sorry, just don't but it

Last edited:
I'm sure I read a rumour not long ago that Stearman had decided to stay for one more season and then leave. :102:

I think Stearman is going to have a cracking season, which can only increase his value - keep the lad, it'll be good business in the long run.

Real Sharapova said:
I think Stearman is going to have a cracking season, which can only increase his value - keep the lad, it'll be good business in the long run.
Totally agree

Real Sharapova said:

Hope you're right there!

I didnt say anything before as I'm not 100% sure but I thought Andy Welsh was sat in front of me at Lincoln the other night.

i've heard that the home dressing room and training ground dressing room have both been refurbished to give the players a more positive vibe as they are both decorated with each individual player celebrating a goal etc

Leigh said:
I'm sure I read a rumour not long ago that Stearman had decided to stay for one more season and then leave. :102:

It might not be up to him! So if he has said that then he is being very arrogant. But until I see the quote I'll treat it as a nasty rumour!!

Melton Fox said:
Don't get me wrong, I like Stearman and I want him to stay, as he is an ok Right Back.

I thought he was a centre-back long term learning his trade at right back. So perhaps he has a lot more potential in that position.

glyn said:
I thought he was a centre-back long term learning his trade at right back. So perhaps he has a lot more potential in that position.

I doubt it personally, I think he has found his home at right back. He gets forward too much and is too lightweight to be a central defender IMO.

- Rob seemed to reveal that Maybury and Tiatto will play wide right and left respectively as they make us 'hard to beat'.

.... adn hard to win with. I could see us being like Wolves next season. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_sad:

Last edited:
Steven said:
.... adn hard to win with. I could us being like Wolves next season. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_sad:
My thoughts exaxtly Steven. Negative tactics before the season has already started.

How many managers/teams fail from the start because they go out not to lose as opposed to going out to win.

I just hope it wasn't intended in the way we read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670