QPR Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - Biff let's draw a line now.

You are absolutely right and I have been completely negative.

So here goes - Gary Megson is possibly the most inspiring managerial appointment in our history. It is nothing less than a miracle that Milan was able to attract him to The Walkers given how half the clubs in the Premiership were after him nevermind the whole of the Championship. His record for cultivating exciting and flowing football is second to none and the football world was spellbound by his transformation of the Forest from being a mediocre Championship side into one which had the foundations for Divion 1 honours. No wonder his appointment has generated such massive enthusiasm and confidence at Leicester. I confidently expect us to exceed Milan's target of automatic promotion by winning the division Championship with a glut of goals to make the records of Rowley and 'Channy' pale into significance.

Is that OK?
its positive,its possible,i love it :icon_wink

Rudkin selected the team ... Rudkin selected the bench ... Rudkin made the same defensive substitutions in our previous match ... brought off Campbell for a defender at roughly the same stage of the game ... Megson would have at some stage consulted Rudkin before the match as he was supposed to be the stand in manager ... and yet Ginger cops all the abuse ... that's fair ...

Rudkin selected the team ... Rudkin selected the bench ... Rudkin made the same defensive substitutions in our previous match ... brought off Campbell for a defender at roughly the same stage of the game ... Megson would have at some stage consulted Rudkin before the match as he was supposed to be the stand in manager ... and yet Ginger cops all the abuse ... that's fair ...

I think you will find Rudkin made the substitutions on Saturday as well. Megson did not officially join us until today.

It seems that some on here cannot differentiate between being critical & having an opinion and just offering blind support.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, even a critical one! The problem I have is when it is voiced on the terraces (I know, in the stands then) before he has even picked his own team.

If people would contain their displeasure to this forum and others like it then great. But on match day, we should be all getting behind those that have been put in charge - at least until the first defeat anyway!

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, even a critical one! The problem I have is when it is voiced on the terraces (I know, in the stands then) before he has even picked his own team.

If people would contain their displeasure to this forum and others like it then great. But on match day, we should be all getting behind those that have been put in charge - at least until the first defeat anyway!

:038::038::038:

I think you will find Rudkin made the substitutions on Saturday as well. Megson did not officially join us until today.

you'd hope that he had some input.......actually i take that back, if our new manager made those feckin decisions i'll give up now. the biggest let down for me after saturday was his blaming the players for the 'decisions' after we went 1 up :(

you'd hope that he had some input.......actually i take that back, if our new manager made those feckin decisions i'll give up now. the biggest let down for me after saturday was his blaming the players for the 'decisions' after we went 1 up :(

TBH Fitz, the players, if they are good enough should be able to hold on to a lead. They just don't seem to be able to kill a game anymore.

TBH Fitz, the players, if they are good enough should be able to hold on to a lead. They just don't seem to be able to kill a game anymore.

i don't honestly think they are good enough. they are a damn sight better than last season and before, but they are not top 4-6 IMO. i will be very pleased if the best team is put out but unfortunately i found it hard to see us holding onto a lead when we put Kish left wing.

We were ok to kill a game against Watford.

I was always told the best way to defend a lead is to carry on scoring, and thats what we did.
If that was not possible, to keep the ball well away from your goal and to keep it as near to the touchline as you could. They did neither on Saturday

:038: Well said spionfox.

gerry taggart dispelling the rumors that mm brought him in to appease the fans....

“Gary knew me and had heard good things about me from Stoke. I don't know the ins and outs, all I know is that I am here now.

“I shouldn't even have been on the bench but the boss wanted me down there. We go back a long way. We were in the Manchester City promotion team in 1989 - he played a big part, mine was just a bit-part.

“We have a lot of work to do. Organisation is something we will be working very hard on and also getting some drive and passion into the club. Given time, I am sure the manager will turn it round.''

Last edited:
gerry taggart dispelling the rumors that mm brought him in to appease the fans....

“Gary knew me and had heard good things about me from Stoke. I don't know the ins and outs, all I know is that I am here now.

“I shouldn't even have been on the bench but the boss wanted me down there. We go back a long way. We were in the Manchester City promotion team in 1989 - he played a big part, mine was just a bit-part.

“We have a lot of work to do. Organisation is something we will be working very hard on and also getting some drive and passion into the club. Given time, I am sure the manager will turn it round.''

Even Gerry Taggart has sold out. :icon_sad:

Previous manager who seemed to be a brilliant appointment:
Peter Taylor seen as the next England manager.
Previous manager that seemed a silly appointment Martin O'Neill.
I suggest we give Gary Megson time to show us whether he is a good Leicester manager before we jump to conclusions.

It is a scientific fact that when Leicester take the lead there is an instant chemical reaction and the team becomes more unstable than sweating gelignite. All eleven particles become very excited, generating a lot of heat and random motion. The longer the lead is held the greater the instability until, eventually, a goal is been conceded and we achieve the equilbrium scoreline.

This phenomenon has been known to scientific observers for many years and has nothing to do with Professor Megson becoming head of the faculty.

From what I heard of forest fans if you score early under megson then its going to be a long hard game defending and its better to be attacking the entire game at 0-0 and get a last minute winner. They have seen him go defensive inside the first 10 mins after a goal. The more I hear about megson the more I beg for MM to show him the door fast.

Last edited:
I was always told the best way to defend a lead is to carry on scoring, and thats what we did.
If that was not possible, to keep the ball well away from your goal and to keep it as near to the touchline as you could. They did neither on Saturday

Exactly ... It's much harder to sustain pressure on an opposing team if they're constantly putting you on the back foot so to speak ... :icon_cool

I'm sure it wont be long before Melts gives his calm articulate review of todays proceedings:biggrin:
Sorry BB, I would love nothing more than to give them a good slating but I had to forsake going.

Lucky really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670