Questions for CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you realise that when you came here you'd be expected to turn a team of Hoof It,Aged,Long ball Merchants into a entertaining young passing side who would walk into the Premiership within the space of 18 months?

Do you wish you never came here?

24. Could you please use the money from DC to buy back Junior Lewis, please? Go on for us....!

25. What's it like to manage a club, where the supporters still believe you have a divine right to be in Europe, even though the club nearly went bust little over 2 years ago ?

26. Why did you bother coming down to manage a club with such a bunch of fickle boneheaded supporters ?

MKFox said:
9. What's the craic with the shite corners every time?
id reiterate this question over and over again until someone gets it into their bloody skulls.

27. Would you rather poison a squirrel or a badger?

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
14. Why is Nills Eric Johannson so ugly?
yes but he does have nice hair.

Am I the only person who heard CL being interviewed on Heart (Century FM) at 6pm then? He spoke for about 15 minutes about the Connolly transfer and Hume and Leicester in general.

Leigh said:
Am I the only person who heard CL being interviewed on Heart (Century FM) at 6pm then? He spoke for about 15 minutes about the Connolly transfer and Hume and Leicester in general.
dont listen to forest radio that much. what did he say, what did he say?

Leigh said:

I didnt hear it, what was the jist of the interview ?

As a qualified shirt printer:icon_lol: (sounds good don't it) I have printed lots of Connolly shirts over the last couple of months, definately the most popular players name on the back slightly ahead of Tiatto and Dublin.
Anyone had there shirt printed at JJB Fosse Park would be interested to know if i have printed any of yours'.

pds said:
As a qualified shirt printer:icon_lol: (sounds good don't it) I have printed lots of Connolly shirts over the last couple of months, definately the most popular players name on the back slightly ahead of Tiatto and Dublin.
Anyone had there shirt printed at JJB Fosse Park would be interested to know if i have printed any of yours'.

I first read that as qualified shirt lifter!! sorry.

yeh I had a red england shirt printed there and the letters peeled off after a couple of washes and i did wash it as you are told. The letters on england shirts always seem crap. Why is that? Are they any diff to club letters?

Not sure it's really new stuff but....

He said Connolly wanted to go and the money was too good to turn down.

He said he's been following Hume for three years but has never had enough cash to sign him until now.

He defended all the Scottish signings by saying that very few were actually Scots and that you get better value for money from up there.

He said that the Scotland International team will not be good for another six years at least.

Said the usual stuff about wanting to build a team, wanting younger players on longer contracts. Said (as he has from the start of the season) that rebuilding is the object of this year with promotion as an outside possibility, of course he wants it but he's got a long-term plan in his head.

He sounded worn out really, had time to have a pop at both Birch and Roger Davies though ;)

Did everyone hear Davis's interview on RL? I thought that was a bit more worrying.

qualified shirt lifter:mad: .
It only seems to be the letters on the red England shirt that are the problem. they are bloody hard to peel off and often rip when doing so.
Did you wash it inside out on a 40 degree wash 48 hours after your purchased the lettering?

pds said:
qualified shirt lifter:mad: .
It only seems to be the letters on the red England shirt that are the problem. they are bloody hard to peel off and often rip when doing so.
Did you wash it inside out on a 40 degree wash 48 hours after your purchased the lettering?

yep i did the washing thing. i know a few people who have had problems with the red shirts and lettering. Bloody FAs fault I reckon!;)

Leigh said:

He said he's been following Hume for three years but has never had enough cash to sign him until now.

He defended all the Scottish signings by saying that very few were actually Scots and that you get better value for money from up there.

He said that the Scotland International team will not be good for another six years at least.

Said the usual stuff about wanting to build a team, wanting younger players on longer contracts. Said (as he has from the start of the season) that rebuilding is the object of this year with promotion as an outside possibility, of course he wants it but he's got a long-term plan in his head.

He sounded worn out really, had time to have a pop at both Birch and Roger Davies though ;)

Did everyone hear Davis's interview on RL? I thought that was a bit more worrying.

can't just leave it like that, why was it a bit more worrying??

by the way didn't realise i had passed my 1,000 post mark.
don't worry no big speeches here.

Leigh said:

nope but the jist would be nice please?!;)

The worrying part was that he was asked if we were going to spend more of the 2 million in January or the summer and he became all shifty and said that he had to balance the books and that we had less ST holders this year and that had to be taken into account etc. Sounded to me like he was basically saying that the rest of the money is going into our debts, which might explain why CL didn't buy another striker today.

He also said that Hume is more like Dickov than Connolly (although that's not what we've been hearing from the Tranmere fans....) and that he's young and hungry.

Leigh said:
The worrying part was that he was asked if we were going to spend more of the 2 million in January or the summer and he became all shifty and said that he had to balance the books and that we had less ST holders this year and that had to be taken into account etc. Sounded to me like he was basically saying that the rest of the money is going into our debts, which might explain why CL didn't buy another striker today.

He also said that Hume is more like Dickov than Connolly (although that's not what we've been hearing from the Tranmere fans....) and that he's young and hungry.

thats not worrying. thats exactly what I expected to happen to be honest. Today has been good business and Im glad some of the money is going towards safe guarding the club long term. thats how business works.

Leigh said:

if we're to be honest did any of us expect the full amount to go towards strengthening the squad,

i wouldn't say Hume is a Dickov like player, maybe CL was just trying to point out that he is a far more physical player than Conners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669