Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather buy a player for £500,000 and pay him £5000,000 in wages, than get one for free and pay him £1,000,000 in wages.

Why? Most likely that player is inferior if hes worth half as much in wages.

Why? Most likely that player is inferior if hes worth half as much in wages.

I'm thinking of football in general, rather than just us. Players wages are getting ridiculous, all the extra money coming into the game is going into the pockets of players and their agents. Players are getting more without an increase in quality.

I'd rather money was spent on transfer fees, so the money stays in the game, and trickles down to lower division and non league clubs as a result, rather than into the pockets of mercenary players who are just waiting for their next big signing on fee.

That £4.5mill may already be invested in player wages for this coming season. In which case it's job done.

I'd rather he gave it to our players as wages than to other clubs as dead transfer fee money

I don't have a problem with the money going on Free players wages. I just don't see how after get rid of the listed players the wage budget will be £4.5m higher than last year.

With the likes of Williams, Tiatto, Johnson, Nils and McCarthy sold or out of contract and possibly De Vries, Douglas, Hammond, Maybury, Hughes, Kenton on the way. All of those players would have most probably been the highest earners at the club!!

I just don't buy it that bar Kishishev and maybe N'gotty any of the new signings would be on vastly more than those we are getting rid of.

I'm puzzled as to why you think the FT would know the answer to any of this - they are no longer grubbing their noses in the trough, and most likely not to be privvy to this information any more

Could ask 'em where the Trust membership money will be going from now on, however.......

I'm puzzled as to why you think the FT would know the answer to any of this - they are no longer grubbing their noses in the trough, and most likely not to be privvy to this information any more

Could ask 'em where the Trust membership money will be going from now on, however.......

I thought by some chance they would actually get to ask questions to MM considering they are still the largest fan group we have!! I'd rather them ask because the Mercury and Radio Leicester don't seem able or willing to ask any serious questions.

If they can't ask questions then scrap this bloody thread.

The first article will appear on our website around tomorrow lunchtime, we will post a link to it on here tomorrow night

And here it is. Well worth the wait.......

http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=299&Itemid=2

Nice to see that Milan appears to have sussed them out :038:

Since Mr Mandaric took over the club, except for brief conversations after games or at social occasions, we have not had any formal dialogue with him. Although we accept that re-building the squad has taken priority, we are very disappointed that Mr Mandaric has not allocated time to meet with us so far, despite repeated requests.

But if Milan hasn't met any supporters since his arrival, surely thats a bad thing ?

Milan has met lots of supporters, which is more than be said for the previous board. He just hasn't met the FT.

Since Mr Mandaric took over the club, except for brief conversations after games or at social occasions, we have not had any formal dialogue with him. Although we accept that re-building the squad has taken priority, we are very disappointed that Mr Mandaric has not allocated time to meet with us so far, despite repeated requests.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You sound surprised, Bason! :046:

We have a wide spectrum of topics we would to discuss with Mr Mandaric

Considering the FT (and Bason in particular) have refused to expand upon this despite repeated requests for information from members and prospective members I'd love to know what this exhaustive list may include...

"Do we still have free seats? Can we have two free programs a match next year? Can we have parking spaces and can we change the brand of half-time tea?"

Once this has taken place, the Trust can directly offer our help and support off the pitch, just as we have to previous people running the club, but that is made difficult without having full knowledge of Mr Mandaric’s plans.

...and still the penny doesn't drop.

A Trust is meant to represent the fans - not the club. :icon_roll

Ha!

Milan has met lots of supporters, which is more than be said for the previous board. He just hasn't met the FT.

so when you say met do you mean "hello nice to meet you, great ground, great fans" type of met or actually a proper conversation?

so when you say met do you mean "hello nice to meet you, great ground, great fans" type of met or actually a proper conversation?

The conversations that different fans have had will clearly have variedbut I am sure that many have been no less consequential than the ones that the FT will have with him.

The conversations that different fans have had will clearly have variedbut I am sure that many have been no less consequential than the ones that the FT will have with him.

On what basis?

I've spoken to 4 fans who have met him & each one had a very similar conversation hence my question, as one said to me it was like meeting a politician, push the flesh, smile, move on before they ask anything difficult

On what basis?

I've spoken to 4 fans who have met him & each one had a very similar conversation hence my question, as one said to me it was like meeting a politician, push the flesh, smile, move on before they ask anything difficult
You make it sound as though the Trust would be having different conversations.

Let me ask you - why should he talk to them?

The customary answer is always "...because they are the largest City fan group" (or words to that effect).

What do they stand for? As an ex-member, I haven't got a clue. I don't know what they campaign for. I've taken time to ask the questions to try to find out and I still don't know...the overwhelming majority of City fans couldn't care a toot about them so why should MM be bothered with them either? :102:

You make it sound as though the Trust would be having different conversations.

Let me ask you - why should he talk to them?

The customary answer is always "...because they are the largest City fan group" (or words to that effect).

What do they stand for? As an ex-member, I haven't got a clue. I don't know what they campaign for. I've taken time to ask the questions to try to find out and I still don't know...the overwhelming majority of City fans couldn't care a toot about them so why should MM be bothered with them either? :102:

would expect them to have more in depth conversations than a single fan and perhaps more challenging than some supporters groups - they did seem to be the ones asking questions through the takeover after all

and being the largest fans group is a good enough reason for MM to meet them, but he also should meet other supporters groups too, we are the main income stream aren't we

stand for - i read their aims ages back not aware they have changed since day one, altho some would be hard to achieve with MM or any single owner in charge

stand for - i read their aims ages back not aware they have changed since day one, altho some would be hard to achieve with MM or any single owner in charge
• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
On what issues? :102:

• To create an independent forum to raise the concerns of Leicester City Football Club supporters.
What concerns :102:

• To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to influence the decision making of the board, and to enshrine in the football club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association the representation of the Trust on the Board.
No longer applicable and should be scrubbed.

• To raise money for the benefit of the club. Funds raised are to be used appropriately as to benefit the best interests of Leicester City Football Club and its supporters.

More wooly than a field of Spring lambs

• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.

How has this been achieved? :102:

• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
Irrelevant - and more than a little insulting to Milan.

• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
What?:102:

• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.
Erm...what? :102:

So - we all a lot clearer about what The Trust currently stand for then?

I'm not.

Still.

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
On what issues? :102:

The trust has raised several issues with the club since its formation that i am aware of (i'm not a member) not least during the takeover. they also raised 1 year kit cycles, and the 10% season ticket discount that i recall off hand. Not getting their way doesn't stop them trying

• To create an independent forum to raise the concerns of Leicester City Football Club supporters.
What concerns :102:

your answer is in there. whatever concerns the members raise.

• To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to influence the decision making of the board, and to enshrine in the football club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association the representation of the Trust on the Board.
No longer applicable and should be scrubbed.

Agreed its out of date, though were they not going to be part of some 'advisory' board? if so they can still represent their members at an 'official' level. though i seriously doubt they would influence MM

• To raise money for the benefit of the club. Funds raised are to be used appropriately as to benefit the best interests of Leicester City Football Club and its supporters.

More wooly than a field of Spring lambs

They have sponsored youth players, seems an appropriate use of funds to me.

• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
How has this been achieved? :102:

Good question.

• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
Irrelevant - and more than a little insulting to Milan.

I assume this is out of date. though might be relevent if/when Milan sells us

• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
What?:102:

I'm Confused by this one too.

• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.
Erm...what? :102:

At the time the FT was formed, i suppose it was keen to ensure that the club wasn't going to be run for profit, but money was left in the club to maximise our chances of competing. Thats all i can think of anyway.

Last edited:
On what basis?

Read what I wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570