Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
would expect them to have more in depth conversations than a single fan and perhaps more challenging than some supporters groups - they did seem to be the ones asking questions through the takeover after all

Weren't the also the ones that were always griping on about not getting any answers - and at the same time the only ones who were surprised at this?

and being the largest fans group is a good enough reason for MM to meet them, but he also should meet other supporters groups too, we are the main income stream aren't we

stand for - i read their aims ages back not aware they have changed since day one, altho some would be hard to achieve with MM or any single owner in charge

Possibly the greatest indictment of the FT. They obviously feel they have nothing to learn.

Didn't you have a decent conversation with him on the train Boc?

I am sure it was no less consequential than any the FT will have with him in the future.
:icon_wink

istockphoto_837655_busted_flush.jpg

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
On what issues? :102:

• To create an independent forum to raise the concerns of Leicester City Football Club supporters.
What concerns :102:

• To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to influence the decision making of the board, and to enshrine in the football club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association the representation of the Trust on the Board.
No longer applicable and should be scrubbed.

• To raise money for the benefit of the club. Funds raised are to be used appropriately as to benefit the best interests of Leicester City Football Club and its supporters.

More wooly than a field of Spring lambs

• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.

How has this been achieved? :102:

• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
Irrelevant - and more than a little insulting to Milan.

• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
What?:102:

• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.
Erm...what? :102:

So - we all a lot clearer about what The Trust currently stand for then?

I'm not.

Still.

We will answer these questions, reviewing progress & future potential of each objective in a future Trust article

they also raised 1 year kit cycles, and the 10% season ticket discount that i recall off hand. Not getting their way doesn't stop them trying
Yes.

I'll not go over the old ground of my perceptions of their actions during the takeover...just to say that if you can only raise these two issues then it is a bit of a poor reflection on the Trust, wouldn't you say?

Again and again, it comes down to listening and communications - both of which they have been poor at and refuse to accept advice or help.

your answer is in there. whatever concerns the members raise.
So - that infers that no members have had any concerns for two years beyond kit cycle, ST shop discount and whether MM had plans to continue to give two free seats a match? :102:

They have sponsored youth players, seems an appropriate use of funds to me.
Not really.

A group of supporters that are trust members split the cost - it is not paid for or organised by the Trust.

I have repeated this so many times it is stupid, I really want to see a strong Trust working on behalf of its members and the supporters at large. I don't believe they were doing that before the takeover and, regardless of that, should have carried out a full revamp on the back of the club being taken over by an individual.

So, here are my questions to The Trust then:
  • Will you accept the challenge to transform yourself for future with a sole owner of City in place?
  • Will you set a timetable for changes to be enacted? Will you accept that you need to be more open?
  • Will you improve the current standard and frequency of your communications (I accept there has been an improvement but you started from a very low base point)?
  • Will you identify clear, timetabled objectives for the Trust to address over the next 12 months?
So much for me leaving the world of online forii for a while...I always get suckered in by a good knees-up over the FT. :icon_bigg

Yes.

I'll not go over the old ground of my perceptions of their actions during the takeover...just to say that if you can only raise these two issues then it is a bit of a poor reflection on the Trust, wouldn't you say?

Again and again, it comes down to listening and communications - both of which they have been poor at and refuse to accept advice or help.

So - that infers that no members have had any concerns for two years beyond kit cycle, ST shop discount and whether MM had plans to continue to give two free seats a match? :102:

Not really.

A group of supporters that are trust members split the cost - it is not paid for or organised by the Trust.

I have repeated this so many times it is stupid, I really want to see a strong Trust working on behalf of its members and the supporters at large. I don't believe they were doing that before the takeover and, regardless of that, should have carried out a full revamp on the back of the club being taken over by an individual.

So, here are my questions to The Trust then:
  • Will you accept the challenge to transform yourself for future with a sole owner of City in place?
  • Will you set a timetable for changes to be enacted? Will you accept that you need to be more open?
  • Will you improve the current standard and frequency of your communications (I accept there has been an improvement but you started from a very low base point)?
  • Will you identify clear, timetabled objectives for the Trust to address over the next 12 months?
So much for me leaving the world of online forii for a while...I always get suckered in by a good knees-up over the FT. :icon_bigg

Those issues were what came to mind, i'm sure there have been more. i can't be bothered trawling through their website archive though.

Beyond raising the money they used to buy shares at the time of admin which did contribute to keeping our club in buisness, i think that the trust is pretty pointless anyway, and couldn't possibly accomplish any more than any other supporters group could.

I just get annoyed at unfounded ridicule, just because its the FT. There is plenty of room for justified critisism without the need to invent reasons.

I also fail to see why so many non members seem to make such a big deal over there actions. I'm sure the Trust board and members are genuine fans who are trying their best to accomplish what they think is important. If you wan't to make yourself heard in an 'official' way either join a group that you agree with or start your own. I'm sure MM knows they don't represent all the fans anyway.

Last edited:

Think you are half right, synidcate members fund it, but seem to remember the Trust publicise this each year & so do organise - not seen a mention this summer though

Those issues were what came to mind, i'm sure there have been more. i can't be bothered trawling through their website archive though.

Beyond raising the money they used to buy shares at the time of admin which did contribute to keeping our club in buisness, i think that the trust is pretty pointless anyway, and couldn't possibly accomplish any more than any other supporters group could.

I just get annoyed at unfounded ridicule, just because its the FT. There is plenty of room for justified critisism without the need to invent reasons.

I also fail to see why so many non members seem to make such a big deal over there actions. I'm sure the Trust board and members are genuine fans who are trying their best to accomplish what they think is important. If you wan't to make yourself heard in an 'official' way either join a group that you agree with or start your own. I'm sure MM knows they don't represent all the fans anyway.

Good to read a post with some real substance.

As I see it the Trust came into existence in circumstances that should never have occured and they made a relatively small but nonetheless important contribution to the saving of the football club.

In my view they became completely out of control at the time of the takeover and I believe that was because they revelled in the influence they thought they had over the then pathetically weak set up (prior to Milan taking away their toys).

I think the concept of a community run football club channelled through a trust is absolutely fine....at League 1 or non-league level...but they should leave clubs at a higher level alone and let those with a bit of brass spend (waste) their money.

As for representing the supporters.....we are ultimately quite powerful as customers already and the dear old supporters club can articulate any representations if that is necessary.

Good to read a post with some real substance.

As I see it the Trust came into existence in circumstances that should never have occured and they made a relatively small but nonetheless important contribution to the saving of the football club.

In my view they became completely out of control at the time of the takeover and I believe that was because they revelled in the influence they thought they had over the then pathetically weak set up (prior to Milan taking away their toys).

I think the concept of a community run football club channelled through a trust is absolutely fine....at League 1 or non-league level...but they should leave clubs at a higher level alone and let those with a bit of brass spend (waste) their money.

As for representing the supporters.....we are ultimately quite powerful as customers already and the dear old supporters club can articulate any representations if that is necessary.

IMO Out of their depth is more accurate. They are fans at the end of the day, and emotion is not an asset in buisness proceedings.

I think they felt responsable for making sure the club was in the best possible hands, and if i was in the same posistion i think i too would have been cautious, this combined with lack of experience in the proceedings, and the weight of public pressure meant they handled the situation in a less than profesional way. but fans aren't supposed to be professional are they?

I Think if you look at the trusts aims, they are very ambitious for a supporters trust, and they would probably be better served not trying to get involved in the internal workings of the club. But as a fan, if i was in the same posistion, i would want to be involved in everything too. Particularly as the old board seemed rather incompetent.

Nice to see that after a bit of a lull, FT bashing is back in fashion.;)

Not sure if your blanket criticism of anything questioning the FT is fully justified.

They ran all sorts of hares during the takeover process - and then found themselves having to endorse MM when the old board decided the game was up and were only to grateful for anyone to take the club out of their hands for about two and thruppence.

They subsequently said they were going to pursue a new role....because it had sunk in that they were not actually going to be running Leicester City....and I'm just saying that the football trust concept does not fit with a club that aspires to be in the upper reaches.

This does not make them bad people nor me a bad person - they are just redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566