Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the trusts stated aims is to stop Leicester City Football Club ever going into administration again, the recent financials coming out of the club showing a serious downturn in the financial success of the club.

Can the trust confirm what they are doing or going to do about the situation?

Since the shareholders ( including the trust, who held a small stake ) sold their souls to MM they can do exactly what you and I can do about the situation - sweet feck all!

Since the shareholders ( including the trust, who held a small stake ) sold their souls to MM they can do exactly what you and I can do about the situation - sweet feck all!

They could run a survey of their 500 members to see what they think about it all

But it is one of the main aims of the trust, if they can't do anything about this shouldn't they change their goals or shut up shop?

But it is one of the main aims of the trust, if they can't do anything about this shouldn't they change their goals or shut up shop?

Personally speaking, as a member of the trust, I don't think they should shut up shop. The can monitor the situation and comment on it, but there isn't a great deal they can do about it. It doesn't stop other trusts operating where the trust doesn't have a stake in the club. I suppose one advantage of them existing is they'll be around when our club goes tits up again.......

Last edited:
Part of the trusts stated aims is to stop Leicester City Football Club ever going into administration again, the recent financials coming out of the club showing a serious downturn in the financial success of the club.

Spot on mate!

The Trust should be banging on MM's office door this very moment demanding that he puts the club's financial affairs immediately on this very day.

If he won't comply, they should present him with a list of very severe sanctions. The Trust worthies will have their own brilliant ideas on this but I suggest for starters:

1. They threaten to withdraw their expert advice on managerial appointments;

2. That the 5 a side tournament is postponed for at least a couple of weeks;

3. That they instigate a chant at the next home game " Stand up if you think that Leicester City should balance its books in the next financial year!".

I am sure MM will then mend his ways.

Spot on mate!

The Trust should be banging on MM's office door this very moment demanding that he puts the club's financial affairs immediately on this very day.

If he won't comply, they should present him with a list of very severe sanctions. The Trust worthies will have their own brilliant ideas on this but I suggest for starters:

1. They threaten to withdraw their expert advice on managerial appointments;

2. That the 5 a side tournament is postponed for at least a couple of weeks;

3. That they instigate a chant at the next home game " Stand up if you think that Leicester City should balance its books in the next financial year!".

I am sure MM will then mend his ways.

:icon_bigg a realistic set of suggestions which should be implemented asap.

If there is no chance of meeting or effecting a stated aim wouldn't it be best to change it?

:icon_bigg a realistic set of suggestions which should be implemented asap.

If there is no chance of meeting or effecting a stated aim wouldn't it be best to change it?

Although I am a long time fan of the Trust, I think it lost its way when it sold most of its toys to MM.

The only thing we can do is ensure a back up plan is in place should MM walk away from the club and that we have some funds available to be part of that plan.

The only thing we can do is ensure a back up plan is in place should MM walk away from the club and that we have some funds available to be part of that plan.

Can you tell us how you plan to raise the millions required to stabalise the club if Milan walks away leaving us in a massive hole?

I'm interested to know how in those circumstances the club would survive without a mandaric/bates/hamman type shark coming in to try and make a quick killing.

Thank goodness for that!

I expect that thousands of Leicester City supporters will be massively relieved that the Trust will "ensure a back up plan is in place should MM walk away from the club".

I guess you must have told MM that you are preparing such a plan - I bet he is very grateful to you too.

I expect you have thought about it already but have you considered running a few raffles or maybe a whist drive - or maybe something entirely new like a sponsored competition
at half time where there is an attractive prize for the first person to hit the cross bar with a back heel from the half way line.

Thank goodness for that!

I expect that thousands of Leicester City supporters will be massively relieved that the Trust will "ensure a back up plan is in place should MM walk away from the club".

I guess you must have told MM that you are preparing such a plan - I bet he is very grateful to you too.

I expect you have thought about it already but have you considered running a few raffles or maybe a whist drive - or maybe something entirely new like a sponsored competition
at half time where there is an attractive prize for the first person to hit the cross bar with a back heel from the half way line.

Mock all you like Redditch, a back up plan is not built around the Trust itself raising millions, but in those circumstances all City fans should be glad that there could be people willing to ensure the club survives.

Mock all you like Redditch, a back up plan is not built around the Trust itself raising millions, but in those circumstances all City fans should be glad that there could be people willing to ensure the club survives.

And your plan is? I asked the question earlier in the thread and you ignore it to whine about people mocking you.

There you go, my West Midlands chum - carte blanche to mock.

How I dreeeeeam of having carte blanche to mock.

Mock away Redditch.

Mock.

Away.

I have been totally misunderstood.

I had a dream - and in that dream I saw the wonderful works being wrought by the Trust.

So I then post a piece in praise of their fine achievements and future plans that will save the club if anything untoward was to happen to our great benefactor - only to be kicked in the teeth.

There isn't much we can publically say about the plan, as the main players in it would not want us to, so we respect their wishes, just be re-assured that there is one.

I doubt that you'd be able to find a backer able to save the club, all this 'we have mystery backers' is smoke and mirrors imo but I'm sure some people will believe it. You couldn't even get enough cash together to buy your place on the clubs board when you had the chance (and it's always easier to change things from within).

If you can't answer questions sensibly please return to ignoring them.

There isn't much we can publically say about the plan, as the main players in it would not want us to, so we respect their wishes, just be re-assured that there is one.

I think this response is about as credible as the role played by the Foxes Trust during the Mandaric takeover process.

There is undoubtedly a potential problem. We have an elderly owner who has set a relatively short timeframe for restoring the club to the premiership. That return would obviously boost the club's value and enable a potential and ultimately inevitable sell on.

Unfortunately, owing to on-going poor football management, the club's on the park fortunes have diminished rather than improved and the owner's timeframe now looks very optimistic indeed. It's a no brainer to work out that this could have very serious future implications for a high spending second or even third tier outfit.

I can see one certainty in this uncertain situation and that is that the Foxes Trust would neither be in a position to resolve the financial problems nor broker a financial solution and to be honest I don't think that it's in the Trust's interests to hint otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669