Racist member of the Royal Family......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

The News of the World has published video in which the prince calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "Paki" in commentary he made over filming.

In a separate incident highlighted by the paper, the prince is heard calling another officer cadet a "raghead".

The newspaper said the prince had called the soldier "our little Paki friend".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822574.stm

I can take a bit of banter/joke in terms of racism. But someone from the so called: "Royal Family," the example to follow, may one day be the King, who will have power over everything; can be so stupid?

I've never been a fan of the Royal Family ( Talking Kings, Queens etc) think they are a bunch of ****s, over-rated arseholes who do nothing in the world apart from nick my taxes.

I must however say, I liked Diana; I thought she gave a lot to the poorer countries, she was an example to follow.

She also used the media to help portray her as a total innocent victim in the whole saga of her marriage when she had her own agenda.

I'm not a Royalist as such, but I acknowledge that they, as an institution bring a lot of tourists into the country spending their money here to see all the trappings associated with them.

Sometimes though I do wonder if we'd be better off with the Head of State(and her/his lackeys) actually running the country like back in the days of Boc and not have this government regime which tbh makes me wonder why folk would ever want to be policitians...

Last edited:
Sometimes though I do wonder if we'd be better off with the Head of State(and her/his lackeys) actually running the country

Yeah, let's have a dictatorship, that'd be cool.

Ooh, that's what Gordon wants isn't it. Oh well, not long now then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822574.stm

I can take a bit of banter/joke in terms of racism. But someone from the so called: "Royal Family," the example to follow, may one day be the King, who will have power over everything; can be so stupid?

I've never been a fan of the Royal Family ( Talking Kings, Queens etc) think they are a bunch of ****s, over-rated arseholes who do nothing in the world apart from nick my taxes.

It was three years ago. The person involved was not offended by the language used. The prince has nevertheless apologised.

Get over it!

It was three years ago. The person involved was not offended by the language used. The prince has nevertheless apologised.

Get over it!

Knowing Jessel he was probably more offended by his taxes going to the royals than the language used.

News of the screws - sister paper of the scum, are not exaclty pc regarding race relations. As Ricky Gervais points out on on of his dvd's - the sun's headline during celeb big brother 'Jades racist shame', etc and in the same editions sports section after Ding had won the masters the headline was 'Pot noodle'.
But as Alan Partridges mate Michael points out 'your ok with Chinky like, cos its not just a type of people - its also a type of food!'

It wasn't said with malice - it wasn't racist.

Ridiculous. Most pakistanis refer to their own cricket team as the pakis.

Get over it!

Does anyone really care what some stupid minor royal says to a friend 3 years ago?

When I lived in france I constantly had anti-English remarks made to me by friends who either thought they were funny or just didn't think they would be offensive. For some reason I never really understood (possibly related to where I lived in France) whenever I met someone some reference to Jean of Arc would invariably follow shortly afterwards. Talk about holding a grudge for 600 years! Water off a ducks back. I know these people aren't really anti-English from the other ways they treated me.

It just bugs me that sections of the British media think this is the most important news story today.

Why do a bunch of unelected ****s even exist today anyways? **** meaningless tradition, theres no need for a royal family anymore

nice to see prince phillip's genes carrying on.

Get over it!

3,4 or 5 years ago what does it matter? It is ignorant and rude people in high positions such as himself that cause wars/arguements etc.

Knowing Jessel he was probably more offended by his taxes going to the royals than the language used.

Yes my taxes supported his private education, which he is putting to use :icon_roll

Blown well out of proportion again - mild racist banter in the army, hardly suprising. Not condoning it, it is wrong, but I very much doubt it was used in a derogatory way.

Net Income on tourism to see the Royals outweighs the cost of keeping them.

Do you have any reliable evidence to back that up or did you just pull that 'fact' out of your arse?

Tourists don't visit England to 'see the Royals', they visit England to visit the buildings and monuments that have been built up around them historically. Getting rid of the entire family of parasites wouldn't have any affect on tourism at all.
In fact, if you could organise a show trial followed by a mass public execution of them, there'd be a massive boost in tourism.

Let's break it down a little:

Scotland = Scottish/Scots
Denmark = Danish/Danes
Japan = Japanese/Japs
Finland = Finnish/Fins
Australia = Australian/Aussies
Pakistan - Pakistanis/Pakis

I'm sure none of the first five examples object to their shortened names. It's a totally inoffensive term, deal with it.

For an Indian to be called a Paki is ignorant, but if you're from Pakistan I guess there is no room for complaint.

Hysteria for hysteria's sake.

Getting rid of the entire family of parasites wouldn't have any affect on tourism at all.
Do you have any reliable evidence to back that up or did you just pull that 'fact' out of your arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566