Not open for further replies.
Let's break it down a little:

Scotland = Scottish/Scots
Denmark = Danish/Danes
Japan = Japanese/Japs
Finland = Finnish/Fins
Australia = Australian/Aussies
Pakistan - Pakistanis/Pakis

I'm sure none of the first five examples object to their shortened names. It's a totally inoffensive term, deal with it.

For an Indian to be called a Paki is ignorant, but if you're from Pakistan I guess there is no room for complaint.

Hysteria for hysteria's sake.

While i dont particuarly have any thing against the word myself, (it's the intent behing the word not the word itself that's the offensive thing IMO). It do think it is different, we all know that "Paki" is not just a word to describe someone from Pakistan, but it has a whole history of hateful and racist history behind it and does have a meaning of a general derogatary slur towards black people. Therefore, and I can totally see why someone woulkd take offense to this when they wouldn't for "Aussie" or "Scot"

While i dont particuarly have any thing against the word myself, (it's the intent behing the word not the word itself that's the offensive thing IMO). It do think it is different, we all know that "Paki" is not just a word to describe someone from Pakistan, but it has a whole history of hateful and racist history behind it and does have a meaning of a general derogatary slur towards black people. Therefore, and I can totally see why someone woulkd take offense to this when they wouldn't for "Aussie" or "Scot"
Well I take things literally.

I understand that history and idiots have made this an offensive word, but I haven't. I will continue to use it in the good nature that I intend, as described above.

I wouldn't call a person from India a "Paki" in the same way that I wouldn't call a person from Denmark, "A Swede". That might be taken as offensive by somebody with low tolerance levels.

I personally can't tell the difference between an Indian and a Paki when not in traditional dress, hence why I would never use the word without knowing the person's background. And I certainly wouldn't use it as an insult, I have much better ones than that.

Well I take things literally.

I understand that history and idiots have made this an offensive word, but I haven't. I will continue to use it in the good nature that I intend, as described above.

I wouldn't call a person from India a "Paki" in the same way that I wouldn't call a person from Denmark, "A Swede". That might be taken as offensive by somebody with low tolerance levels.

I personally can't tell the difference between an Indian and a Paki when not in traditional dress, hence why I would never use the word without knowing the person's background. And I certainly wouldn't use it as an insult, I have much better ones than that.

I agree with you, especially as the person who it was aimed at didnt take it personally, but i also totally understand why someone would be offended by it

Blimey o'reilly i learn something every day:icon_roll

Don't get all menstrual on me Brauny, there are people that read this forum that genuinely are stupid enough to take your post at face value.

For the benefit of those people: if you get rid of the monarchy, Gordon Brown does not become president, or anything like a president.

nice to see prince phillip's genes carrying on.

Anyone else think Phil's an absolute hoot?

i love his bumbling idiocy. god save the queen but i'd rather have a day off when he snuffs it in honour of him, rather than your maj.

I'll miss his outbursts when he goes and will have to start listening to clarkson's rants again instead.

if u ever get the chance watch the mock the week newsreels with him in. hugh dennis's commentary made me wee. dunno if this is because i find it hilarious or i have a weak bladder. either way it was warm.

Anyone else think Phil's an absolute hoot?

No, I think he's an absolute ****

Same as the rest of the parasitic ignorant racist freeloading upper class twats that form the 'Royal' family

Shoot the ****ing lot of 'em, I say - that would indeed be worthy of a public holiday

Still, Rule Britannia, and all that........

That's what I said.:icon_roll

Really? I didn't know that "More of a Graeae than a cylops" translated as "Nothing. Cyclops has one working eye - to the best of my knowledge Blunkett has none."

:110:

No, I think he's an absolute ****

Same as the rest of the parasitic ignorant racist freeloading upper class twats that form the 'Royal' family

Shoot the ****ing lot of 'em, I say - that would indeed be worthy of a public holiday

Still, Rule Britannia, and all that........

i just find it funny that phil the greek is so racist about foreigners and he's descended from them. i'm not up on my royal family but i think he may have even been born there.

I don't like the Royal Family at all, so much so that I couldn't give a **** if they're there or not.

However, the fact that they die and leave thousands of British civilians crying in the street like out of control morons is enough of a reason for me to want to keep them in place.

See your point but Diana's death was a good while ago and I think that the popularity of the Royals has wained a fair bit since then.As regards the Paki thing does anyone really give a toss what Harry,William,Charles etc say anymore ?:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669