Random News Article Thread

If you are a juror make sure you dont investigate the defendant or you could end up in prison yourself

[She] had deliberately disobeyed the trial judge's instructions not to search the internet
Seems a relatively short sentence for somebody who insisted on acting like an idiot. She should also have to pay the costs of the aborted trial.

Last edited:
Very true, though most mothers of 4 children here are actually fresh faced as they are usually still teenage girls.
Gateshead is the only place where 10-year-old girls have tried to nick my headphones - while I was wearing them!

Last edited:
I just did the two tests and got 50 and 48. They're easy.

I passed, just. 43 out of 50.

Ridiculously easy. And they give you about 6 times as much time as is needed to do them. How do people fail them even once?

They might fail the perception of danger video test, it seems fairly arbitrary, I had to take the theory test when I took my motorbike test a few years ago it is easy.

They might fail the perception of danger video test, it seems fairly arbitrary, I had to take the theory test when I took my motorbike test a few years ago it is easy.

Something is only easy if a person know's the subject.
From what I have seen (my son recently took and past his test) you are given enough information to study and pass comfortably the written/theory side of the test.
If a person is unable to do this, I'd question whether they are actually fit to drive.

Something is only easy if a person know's the subject.
From what I have seen (my son recently took and past his test) you are given enough information to study and pass comfortably the written/theory side of the test.
If a person is unable to do this, I'd question whether they are actually fit to drive.

Someone close to me (not me!) believed the hype from friends about it being "p**s easy", walked in having barely looked at the highway code (no help from the driving instructor either, he took the view that it was up to the learner to do all that) and failed, albeit by only a couple of marks. Oh how I laughed! The 2nd attempt, a couple of weeks later, following some study, was passed with almost full marks.
Quite a few of my daughters' friends did fail the first time, so I don't think it is as easy for the 17 year olds as us maturer people think.

I'd have thought it would be easier for those people who have prepared for it by studying the highway code than those of us who last looked at it 20+ years ago.

You would have thought but it doesn't seem that way, especially with the hazard perception test. My nephew failed for clicking too often. My daughter had a flock of sheep in hers and couldn't decide if she had to click on every individual sheep! ;)

You would have thought but it doesn't seem that way, especially with the hazard perception test. My nephew failed for clicking too often. My daughter had a flock of sheep in hers and couldn't decide if she had to click on every individual sheep! ;)

That's the problem - all too often the "hazard" is personal to ewe.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663