Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
....with different versions of the truth, so we won't be much the wiser after that either, I suspect.

It'll be in the Vardy film if it's not in Hello magazine this weekend.

I'm not sure why I don't believe anything that's come out of Shakespeare or Schmeichel's mouth in the two videos since the sacking, but I don't. They just look like they're lying.

That's not to say Ranieri is this perfect gentlemen behind the scenes too and he's completely free from any blame, but they're still lying about certain things. Feels like it anyway.

I think I know what Kasper is saying. There were no 'meetings', there was no formal delegation to complain. The owners are "hands on" and spoke with players in an informal manner, and not infrequently. What is interesting in Kasper's words is, to me, the clear implication that some players said something during those informal chats.

There was no formal coup but there was perhaps a death by a thousand cuts.
Exactly

This is correct

It's been happy clappers and continually singing about being champions of England, whilst watching complete toss on the pitch in front of them from overpaid gimps who couldn't give a toss

I want to hear a stadium-wide chorus of "You're not fit to wear the shirt" followed by "Wankers, wankers, wankers" repeatedly

If I were there I'd be booing the ****s that's for sure.

I'm not having a go at anyone on here because we are all entitled to our views and have our own opinions but, regarding the Kasper interview, I always think the worst of people who always think the worst of people. :D

I'm sorry you should think that because it isn't how I feel. It was from sheer exasperation about the almost total one-sidedness of people who can never have been privy to the facts, coming to the conclusion that it is all the fault of the players asking the owners to get rid of Ranieri

That's fine, I accept we don't know all the facts. My anger at the players is predominantly towards their lack of respect for us lot rather than a manager they may or may not like.

Quite.

I've no idea why so many people seem to think they know what's happened at the club this season. Theres certainly plenty forgetting the nucleus of this team had the balls to get us out of relegation and to win the title. Ranieri wasn't even here for one of those feets. What exactly are people basing this ludicrous hatred of the players on?

Every game other than about 3 this season.

They are lucky we haven't given them some shit before now truth be told.

A bit of respect. Good. Have to say I've never had Mahrez marked out as anything other than a quiet lad suffering from being triple marked every week.

I don't think he comes out as a wanker in this one.

He looks sick and tired of answering the same questions with different journalists.

FWIW I think he's point blank lying and dancing around the question.

Did you, or (known to you) any other player complain to the owners in any way shape or form about Claudio Ranieri? Yes or No.

I've said very little on here over the last few days but have read with interest the comments about Ranieri's departure. There is so much we will never know and so little that we can infer given the facts as they are and yet huge swathes of supporters are ready to paint only the players as the architects of Ranieri's dismissal. What if, and I grant you it's a big 'what if', but what if many of them had felt that they'd been lied to or deceived in some way as Ulloa did? What if they felt that, as professionals, they were not being listened to by the management and coaching staff? What if, last season they were given free role to govern themselves somewhat and saw success only for Ranieri to begin changing things as he saw fit without consultation?

As terribly sad as these events are, I think the owners took a very brave decision. Let's just take a moment to look at some of the decisions they've made thus far:

Sacking Pearson the first time - Bad
Employing Sousa - ill informed
Employing Sven - ill-informed
Re-employing Pearson - Good
Giving Pearson time to turn things around and ensure survival - Excellent
Sacking Pearson - They were left with little choice in my opinion
Hiring Ranieri - Excellent (even though many fans, a lot who frequent this forum, though that this was madness)
Giving Ranieri lots of time to put things right this season after a dreadful start - Excellent
Removing Ranieri as manager - Time will tell but their hand was somewhat forced by results.

Since the removal of Sven, the decisions made at boardroom level have either been forced to some degree or absolutely the right ones for the interests of the club. I don't think vilifying the owners for making a decision that could well turn out to be absolutely right is either wise or fair.

I don't necessary believe there was a 'player revolt' but I do think that many, for whatever reason felt that they were not happy with what was going on either on or off the pitch. It's easy to suggest that players are not trying or that they ware being lazy and I am sure that this is true for some individuals in some games. But I've also witnessed players being jettisoned for no fathomable reason, I've seen players clueless about what they should be doing because they are in a position not befitting of their capabilities. I've seen our midfield units looking at each other without a clue of who is responsible for what. I've seen players becoming increasingly aware of the fact they are not going to feature in a match day team no matter how poor the 'regular starters' are and that must be amazingly frustrating. These things stem from the training ground and should be put right there. They clearly haven't been. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting the players are blameless and that this shit-storm lies solely at the feet of Ranieri, that would be ridiculous. Equally ridiculous however, would be the suggestion that this is all the fault of the players and in no way the management and coaching systems they are subject to.

I won't boo them on Monday - it's a pointless, self defeating thing to do at this stage. I will be sad to see an empty space where Ranieri used to be. I will be sad that he is not there to give his polite, gentlemanly response to the press and I will be sad that he is no longer part of the club. I will also realise that, in the circumstances, no matter how sad it may make me, the removal of Ranieri as manager may ultimately prove to be the right thing for the club I have supported for too long to remember.

Finally, for those who are saying that Ranieri is the only one who has been punished, well, so far that seems to be the case. However, if we are relegated the players will be punished financially as will the owners and the fans, who have put up with hours and hours of dreadful football, a lot of which was tactically inept, will be punished with a drop into Championship football once more. Ranieri and his team must take some of the blame for this. No body will ever forget what CR did for this club and the club, the players and the fans should be eternally grateful for what we witnessed but as much as the sun rises it must always set and a new day must begin.

Ranieri has made some bizarre team selections, substitutions and tactical decisions this season. We could all see that.

If he's also been making odd decisions behind the scenes, and it was affecting the players, why shouldn't they take it to someone higher up? Any of us in our jobs would do the same thing in that position, wouldn't we?

For the life of me I just cannot understand why you spineless keyboard warriors are queuing up to crucify him.

He didn't have to agree to be interviewed. He could have declined or told them to ask some other player.

It's outrageous that you are all assuming he is a liar.

Ranieri has made some bizarre team selections, substitutions and tactical decisions this season. We could all see that.

If he's also been making odd decisions behind the scenes, and it was affecting the players, why shouldn't they take it to someone higher up? Any of us in our jobs would do the same thing in that position, wouldn't we?
No no Jeff, they're all horrible horrible people and lovely uncle Claudio can do no wrong

For the life of me I just cannot understand why you spineless keyboard warriors are queuing up to crucify him.

He didn't have to agree to be interviewed. He could have declined or told them to ask some other player.

It's outrageous that you are all assuming he is a liar.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570