Read the Sunday Mirror today lads and lasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan Mandaric is tabling a £25 million bid for our club on tuesday according to this exclusive report

:038::038::038:

If true I hope he gives Kelly an opportunity to prove himself, the way Rob has conducted himself and the results he has achieved in adversity I would like to see him being given a fair chance to take this club forward.

Last edited:
Lets hope your right on both counts. Milan would probably finds us the funding we need to push on, while i agree RK has proved he is worthy of the job and should be given time/funds to see us forward.

At £25m - he wuldn't have enough to buy out the present board and buy the stadium. Is he rich enough? I guess he'd have to buy the stadium if / when the club got promotion. The prem deal in the next 3 years is worth £25+m per year - with up to 2 seasons of parachute payments at £9m per season. So going up and coming straight down would net the club £43m. So not a bad punt on Milans part - especially as the day to day business of the club (excluding the stadium) is not massively in debt ... we'll make about a £2m - £3m loss this year.

Still ... I'd like Milan checked out a bit first. Is he really putting his money in or will it be like the purchase on Man Utd - all done on debt?

Foxpodder

From the Sunday Mirror ;)

29 October 2006
£25M MANDARIC TABLES BID FOR LEICESTER
EXCLUSIVE SUPPORTERS' PLEAS ANSWERED
Paul Smith

MILAN MANDARIC will launch a £25million takeover bid for Leicester City this week.

The 68-year-old Serbian businessman is poised for an early return to club ownership a month after finally completing the sale of Portsmouth and walking away after nearly eight years in charge.

Mandaric is expected to table his offer as early as Tuesday, and that will prompt an emergency board meeting by Leicester City directors.

A joint statement from both parties is expected to follow, confirming the offer.

Since his departure from Fratton Park on September 25, Mandaric has been inundated with offers from a number of clubs interested in full or part ownership.

Among them were five of Leicester's Championship rivals.

But he vowed to take time out before committing himself to another club because of his emotional ties to Portsmouth.

Talk of an early return remained rife, and although Mandaric was at pains to deny any imminent plans to buy another football club, speculation persisted about Leicester - who are seen as a prime target for a takeover.

That interest then grew stronger thanks to overwhelming support from Leicester fans, who bombarded Mandaric with letters, emails and phone calls to rescue their club.

A close friend of Mandaric said last night: "A bid for Leicester City is imminent and will be presented to the club in the next two days.

"The offer itself is extremely attractive and Milan doesn't envisage too many problems to ensure a smooth transaction. If things go to plan he could be in place by the end of December.

"Obviously he has thought long and hard about the offer. In an ideal world he would have liked to take more time out before committing to another club.

"His emotional ties with Portsmouth remain and understandably he was concerned about the reaction from supporters he has taken to his heart over the years.

"But he feels that he made good on his promises to the club and their supporters and the time is right to move on."

The timing of Mandaric's move for Leicester, while unexpected, has come as a result of the imminent restructuring of the club.

About 50 businessmen, the vast majority local to Leicester, ploughed in about £6.5million to keep the club afloat after they came out of administration three years ago.

But lack of investment has seen the club go into a slow decline with little optimism for the future.

The club have been faced with either finding a new buyer, brokering a ground-sharing deal with the local rugby club Leicester Tigers or asking the existing shareholders to invest more money.

Mandaric's friend added: "The timescale wasn't ideal, but in order to facilitate a buy-out Milan had to move immediately to have an impact on the club.

"He sees a lot of similarities between Leicester and Portsmouth. Obviously in terms of facilities Leicester are way ahead of his former club. But on the field the reverse applies.

"While Portsmouth are enjoying their fourth season in the Premiership, Leicester are languishing in the lower half of the Championship.

"But, as with Pompey, the Leicester fans are passionate about their club and want success on the field.

"And Milan is convinced he can come in and have same impact he had at Fratton Park."

I hope this does happen on Tuesday, what a fecking night to remember it will be. Stoke won't know what's hit them and Milan on the pitch post match. Blimey O'Riley, I can see it already

I hope this does happen on Tuesday, what a fecking night to remember it will be. Stoke won't know what's hit them and Milan on the pitch post match. Blimey O'Riley, I can see it already

Is that Milan's Irish business partner?

IMO we shouldnt be getting too excited yet!
Why not, that's what football is all about, get excited, get a kick in the teeth and then get excited again.

Fcuk you lot, if you want to sit there with your fingers crossed in your room hoping it will happen, then you can. I'm buzzing around with the thought that this is defo happenning, if it don't, so fecking what at least I was buzzing for a few days

Last edited:
Why not, that's what football is all about, get excited, get a kick in the teeth and then get excited again.

Fcuk you lot, if you want to sit there with your fingers crossed in your room hoping it will happen, then you can. I'm buzzing around with the thought that this is defo happenning, if it don't, so fecking what at least I was buzzing for a few days

yes it is football, however i have been let down too many times!

I will wait to see on Tuesday to see what happens.

IMO the results on the pitch are more important!

At £25m - he wuldn't have enough to buy out the present board and buy the stadium. Is he rich enough? I guess he'd have to buy the stadium if / when the club got promotion. The prem deal in the next 3 years is worth £25+m per year - with up to 2 seasons of parachute payments at £9m per season. So going up and coming straight down would net the club £43m. So not a bad punt on Milans part - especially as the day to day business of the club (excluding the stadium) is not massively in debt ... we'll make about a £2m - £3m loss this year.

Still ... I'd like Milan checked out a bit first. Is he really putting his money in or will it be like the purchase on Man Utd - all done on debt?

Foxpodder

the board can be bought out for a fraction of that, and can somebody please tell me in simple terms why the feck we have to buy/own the stadium?

the board can be bought out for a fraction of that, and can somebody please tell me in simple terms why the feck we have to buy/own the stadium?

Oi never mind that ...BB's Prediction League,read it and weep Boy:icon_lol:

I have always said that I wouldn't trust The Mirror / Sunday Mirror to have the correct day/date on each page.

They have always been a take the facts and add 12% paper. It makes a great read but as to whether its true or not, thats different.

I, myself, hope there is truth in it but I expect Tuesday to be all about beating Stoke.

COME ON CITY :icon_bigg

I have always said that I wouldn't trust The Mirror / Sunday Mirror to have the correct day/date on each page.

They have always been a take the facts and add 12% paper. It makes a great read but as to whether its true or not, thats different.

I, myself, hope there is truth in it but I expect Tuesday to be all about beating Stoke.

COME ON CITY :icon_bigg

Thats what I think would be more confident if it was in a more reliable Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673