Reading away

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll lose, simply because our back four will not cope with the work ethic of Shane Long. Add to that a couple of wingers who'll attack our full backs.

You are looking at 4-2 loss, whether the lead is always be two goals.

Is this a preview or a review BM?

Or is it Hazz is Marty McFly or is he just a realist whilst the rest of us are too blinkered with our Sven tinged glasses.

Is this a preview or a review BM?

Or is it Hazz is Marty McFly or is he just a realist whilst the rest of us are too blinkered with our Sven tinged glasses.

It's quite easy to predict our results.

I predicted during our winning run that our success was largely down to facing a run of sides who had strikers who were to put it lightly shite. I think I put something along the lines that as soon as we played Cardiff, the success would begin to end. The back four with all it's variations at points this season has just not been good enough. I believe any side who have a striker of quality, we concede at least two against.

Now the other thing is tactics. Atm, any side who play some variation of 4-4-2 we struggle against because it's very easy to develop two banks of four and let us pass it around in front of them. Then when a move breaks down, counter-attack. With our three midfielders plus the two full-backs, this is well covered by the opposition having four in midfield because we take so long in possession. If you pass the ball quicker, the gaps would develop.

Now, the running theme of all sides we've walloped play 4-3-3. Doncaster, Barnsley, Burnley. This means there's more space for that midfield, more time and the full-backs come into play much more.

Now the other thing is tactics. Atm, any side who play some variation of 4-4-2 we struggle against because it's very easy to develop two banks of four and let us pass it around in front of them. Then when a move breaks down, counter-attack. With our three midfielders plus the two full-backs, this is well covered by the opposition having four in midfield because we take so long in possession. If you pass the ball quicker, the gaps would develop.

Now, the running theme of all sides we've walloped play 4-3-3. Doncaster, Barnsley, Burnley. This means there's more space for that midfield, more time and the full-backs come into play much more.

That's a good summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670