RIP Thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bollocks about grammar has been true for generations and will continue to be true; it's largely down to dialect and speech rather than a lack of education.

Down to dialect? I'd be interested in your evidence for that when it happens all over the country. I'm sure it is a trait that could 'educated out' if teachers thought it was important enough and could be arsed.

Down to dialect? I'd be interested in your evidence for that when it happens all over the country. I'm sure it is a trait that could 'educated out' if teachers thought it was important enough and could be arsed.

A bit like missing entire words out of sentences. :icon_lol:

Sorry Motown the first sentence of your quote is not true. Margaret Thatcher was not the most divisive and polarising politic leader of the last century. That title goes to a much greater leader, David Lloyd George, who at various times was detested by the Conservatives and Labour before splitting his own Liberal Party.

Comments on the death of Lloyd George show how much cleverer political discourse was in those days.

Lloyd George, no doubt, When his life ebbs out,
Will ride on a flaming chariot,
Seated in state on a red hot plate,
Twixt Satan and Judas Iscariot,
And Ananias that day, to his master will say,
"my Claim for precedence fails,
So move me up higher, away from the fire,
and make way for that liar from Wales

The author was anonymous but would have made a great member of this forum.

Brilliant, any lame argument you had macky has been blown away by using that **** to help your cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods? What's going on? Lcfc are an English club, that post, showing an ira murderer is still up. Delete it now!

I'm sure it possibly could but when children speak that way all day and at home, it's hard then to tell them not time write it. It winds me up a treat when they do it, but I pick my battles. My original point, anyway, was that it isn't and won't be unique to Thatcher's government.

Mods? What's going on? Lcfc are an English club, that post, showing an ira murderer is still up. Delete it now!

Some people would say that Maggie was responsible for far more murders by provoking a war in the South Atlantic and that Blair was responsible for even more in Iraq. Freedom of speak and all that old chap.

Brilliant, any lame argument you had macky has been blown away by using that **** to help your cause.

I don't have a "cause" and I'm not using anybody to help with this cause that I don't have.
This is a time for celebration and that's just a joke image that made laugh, an image that's as much taking the piss out of Adams as anybody else.
I know that Maggie was all about censorship, but you really need to get a grip MK

Gerry Adams was quite clearly incapable of knocking her 'ballix' in. ****

You don't really think that he actually said those words, do you?
What he actually said is here:

“Margaret Thatcher did great hurt to the Irish and British people during her time as British Prime Minister.

"Working class communities were devastated in Britain because of her policies.

"Her role in international affairs was equally belligerent whether in support of the Chilean dictator Pinochet, her opposition to sanctions against apartheid South Africa; and her support for the Khmer Rouge.

"Here in Ireland her espousal of old draconian militaristic policies prolonged the war and caused great suffering. She embraced censorship, collusion and the killing of citizens by covert operations, including the targeting of solicitors like Pat Finucane, alongside more open military operations and refused to recognise the rights of citizens to vote for parties of their choice.

"Her failed efforts to criminalise the republican struggle and the political prisoners is part of her legacy.
"It should be noted that in complete contradiction of her public posturing, she authorised a back channel of communications with the Sinn Féin leadership but failed to act on the logic of this.

"Unfortunately she was faced with weak Irish governments who failed to oppose her securocrat agenda or to enlist international support in defence of citizens in the north.

"Margaret Thatcher will be especially remembered for her shameful role during the epic hunger strikes of 1980 and 81.

"Her Irish policy failed miserably."

Last edited:
At least the funeral is coming in at a modest cost that not even the big anti Thatcher lot can complain about.

You don't really think that he actually said those words, do you?
What he actually said is here:
“Margaret Thatcher did great hurt to the Irish and British people during her time as British Prime Minister.

"Working class communities were devastated in Britain because of her policies.

"Her role in international affairs was equally belligerent whether in support of the Chilean dictator Pinochet, her opposition to sanctions against apartheid South Africa; and her support for the Khmer Rouge.

"Here in Ireland her espousal of old draconian militaristic policies prolonged the war and caused great suffering. She embraced censorship, collusion and the killing of citizens by covert operations, including the targeting of solicitors like Pat Finucane, alongside more open military operations and refused to recognise the rights of citizens to vote for parties of their choice.

"Her failed efforts to criminalise the republican struggle and the political prisoners is part of her legacy.
"It should be noted that in complete contradiction of her public posturing, she authorised a back channel of communications with the Sinn Féin leadership but failed to act on the logic of this.

"Unfortunately she was faced with weak Irish governments who failed to oppose her securocrat agenda or to enlist international support in defence of citizens in the north.

"Margaret Thatcher will be especially remembered for her shameful role during the epic hunger strikes of 1980 and 81.

"Her Irish policy failed miserably."

I'm sorry Macky but you clearly can not directly quote text relating to that terrorist. Under reporting restrictions you are compelled to alter fonts, size and font colour.

Mods: why oh why oh why oh why have you allowed his non-altered quotation to stand? None of you must know what it was like to have been to Brighton and have some man trying to damage your arse.

Some people would say that Maggie was responsible for far more murders by provoking a war in the South Atlantic and that Blair was responsible for even more in Iraq. Freedom of speak and all that old chap.

While I would not use MKs language he is quite right. This thread has seen strong opinions and extreme language. Sadly it was always likely that someone would abuse this .

Biffa I feel that in excusing Macky's post your hatred of Mrs T has led you into an error of judgement. A Head of Government reacting to a complex problem like the invasion of the Falklands or Saddam Hussein by going to war with the backing of Parliament may be wrong - you may find it morally reprehensible, you may even be a pacifist and claim all war is wrong. This is not what Gerry Adams was involved in. The real comparison for Gerry Adams is the 7-7 bombers in London.

On the freedom of speech issue I have extreme views; I believe in it. I truly believe that bigots should be legally able to put forward racist, sexist and homophobic views that I personally find repulsive. That does not mean that I should not condemn those views or show my disgust. To support Arthur Scargill or Argentina or the Soviet Union against Thatcher is a valid opinion. To support Gerry Adams like supporting Abu Hamza or Nick Griffin today is simple bigotry and reflects badly on the person doing it. .

I remember Sir Peter Soulsby explaining why he would not share a platform with the BNP and I thought he was right. In the same way I can only show my disapproval of the quoting of Gerry Adams by withdrawing from the thread. This will be my last post on it.

While I would not use MKs language he is quite right. This thread has seen strong opinions and extreme language. Sadly it was always likely that someone would abuse this .

Biffa I feel that in excusing Macky's post your hatred of Mrs T has led you into an error of judgement. A Head of Government reacting to a complex problem like the invasion of the Falklands or Saddam Hussein by going to war with the backing of Parliament may be wrong - you may find it morally reprehensible, you may even be a pacifist and claim all war is wrong. This is not what Gerry Adams was involved in. The real comparison for Gerry Adams is the 7-7 bombers in London.

On the freedom of speech issue I have extreme views; I believe in it. I truly believe that bigots should be legally able to put forward racist, sexist and homophobic views that I personally find repulsive. That does not mean that I should not condemn those views or show my disgust. To support Arthur Scargill or Argentina or the Soviet Union against Thatcher is a valid opinion. To support Gerry Adams like supporting Abu Hamza or Nick Griffin today is simple bigotry and reflects badly on the person doing it. .

I remember Sir Peter Soulsby explaining why he would not share a platform with the BNP and I thought he was right. In the same way I can only show my disapproval of the quoting of Gerry Adams by withdrawing from the thread. This will be my last post on it.

Gerry Adams is also a parliamentarian reacting to complex problems, exactly the same as Mrs T.

I don't have a particular hatred for Mrs. T, I didn't like her policies or what they did to the country but I've not been having parties etc because she's died. The war in the South Atlantic was totally predictable, Argentina started a build up for invasion (which UK intelligence knew all about) and the UK government then withdrew the naval presence to provide them a window for invasion, our government were either incredibly stupid or wanted a war. Iraq was an illegal war based on false intelligence. I've spent a lot of time in Northern Ireland and think I have a pretty good grasp on the situation there from both sides of the situation and it is nothing like 7-7.

Some people would say that Maggie was responsible for far more murders by provoking a war in the South Atlantic

Yeah. Fancy invading a foreign territory and laying claim on it as if it were the property of her country. What a ****ing bitch.

Oh..................

Yeah. Fancy invading a foreign territory and laying claim on it as if it were the property of her country. What a ****ing bitch.

Oh..................

My post that followed explains the idea that removing the navy from the South Atlantic was calculated to make Argentina think the UK had given up on the islands but carry on if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669