Rivalry

Who of the 3 do you consider to be Leicesters biggest rivals

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it time now to accept that our biggest local rivals are the Covscum:102:

Forest to be the main targets of the blue mongies.

The hatred for Cov maybe diluted because of their West Midlands classification

When you break things down though i find it strange that the Covscum are not public enemy no1 in Leicester.

Forest and Derby consider us as poor relations

Geographically Coventry are the nearest of the 3 teams to us.

So both Leicester and Cov are looking on enviously at intense rivalries between other teams. Surely we should be looking at each other:102:

i can say without any fear that the Covscum fans are amongst the most irritating people i know.

We may have the blue mongies but believe me we have nothing compared to these inbreds.

So what is your take on it ? I suspect it will be Forest for the majority, but imo it makes us like a lap dog pining for some attention from its master.
Bollox to Forest, i hate Cov:icon_wink
Not trying to sway the voting by any chance Brauny:102: :icon_bigg

We don't have a 'derby' with anyone as we're not close enough.

Of the three teams mentioned, we've had history with Florist and, to a lesser extent, Draby. With Chaventry, there is nothing.

I consider all opposition to be our rivals. However, it would certainly hurt me more to lose to Florist than anyone else. I delight at their Div 1 status.

Thinking about it, I do actually hate everything to do with Florist from the ground to the fans to the badge on their shirts. It all makes me feel sick.

I don't consider us and Florist to be geographical rivals but I do consider them to be the scum of the earth.

Draby and Chav are merely pathetic scabby shiteholes.

for me its forest, mainly because lots of my mates support them. never really had a problem with derby although obviously i dont like them. the cov games only take on extra significance because there's no one else in the championship to hate. leeds are very high up my hitlist too. i also used to despise spurs because our defeat to them in the worthington cup final came when i was only 7/8 and was first game where i cried after it. a habit that is much more practised now!

living near rugby,its always been cov,especially having the displeasure of never seeing leicester beat them in the 80's and 90's.

and worse to come was the gloating twats uptown on the saturday night rubbing it in.

was there a match in the mid 80's when the leicester fans invaded the pitch at highfield road?

anyway detest the club,as for forest and derby,not really that bothered.

I hate Cov, but for me it has to be Derby we have played them more times than the others in my lifetime.

Iwan Roberts Hatrick, and a Wembley final win in the same year being the best memories. Oh and Savage at Pride Park!!!.

Not trying to sway the voting by any chance Brauny:102: :icon_bigg

No not at all, each to their own Melts:)
I'm not sure that my dislike as switched more from Forest to Cov because i'm no longer envious of what Forest are. When the legend ( cloughie ) was in his pomp at Forest i definitely felt as if we were inferior in every way to them, but not anymore. Since spending 12 years working with cov fans i've come to realize that personally i detest them more than i did any Forest fans. There are many of them that have an attitude i just dont like.

so that's why I have 6 fingers on each foot

actually there are a lot of Leicester fans in Rugby, probably 40/60 split with KovSkum

Add me to one of the 40 ;)

Live In Rugby.

Covscum are our rivals no doubt about it, they are closer!

Like lanxfox I was dragged up in Burbage so it was always the Covscum. Nowadays I work with a lot of trees fans so you'd think it would be them but strangely enough I just pity them so its the scum all the way for me :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Like lanxfox I was dragged up in Burbage so it was always the Covscum. Nowadays I work with a lot of trees fans so you'd think it would be them but strangely enough I just pity them so its the scum all the way for me :icon_bigg

My Nan lives there ;)

Near the Hotel.

I lived/work in Rugby so for me it has to be those Sky Blue Bastards!!!!! I enjoyed the football as a lad that much at Filbert Street I moved to Leicester City Centre and still travel to Rugby for work ! I just hate the fact that one time when we went to ****field road when I was a lad, the stewards treid to set me old man up to be arrested - TOSSERS but they were too ****ing stupid for it to work!

I agree that if all three were in our division then the order of importance in the games would be Forest, then Derby, then Cov.

Obviously at the moment Cov seem more prominent rivals because of them being the only team of the three in our league.

I'm not too fussed about Derby but don't particularly like them.

However, I also harbour a personal dislike towards Cov due to having had the displeasure of living in the scummy city from 1999 - 2006 and going to school with their bastard supporters. It is true that MOST Cov fans are despicable cnuts who don't have a clue about football.

We CAN'T lose to them at the weekend my I wouldn't hear the end of it from my Cov supporting housemate :icon_cry:

I don't really hate any other team. I only voted on the poll to get some V Cash. :102::icon_redf

These rivalries tend to change over time, unlike the more "natural" rivalries between teams that are genuinely local.

When I started watching City it was unquestionably Forest. Our fortunes tended to run parallel in div 1 and 2 for many years, whereas Derby had sunk into 3rd division obscurity and Coventry had never been anything other than a lower division nonentity (when we made our first appearance in Div 1 Coventry were still in the Birmingham district league or something of the sort, and we had hardly ever played them until they got into Div 1 in the sixties). And Notts County were also in the mix at that time.

Of course, if you go further back it was unquestionably Fosse and Loughborough Town - apparently the crowd trouble was legendary.

The Forest rivalry has also fed over the years from the non-football rivalry between the two cities as the 2 most significant places in the east Midlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669