Rivalry

Who of the 3 do you consider to be Leicesters biggest rivals

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

Nottingham - the second most significant city in the East Midlands.

They used to be European champions, you know! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

stockholm fox

This is a hard question...when I first went down the City it was Forest...no question about it....the traditional and oldest rivals without a doubt.

Then I moved to Croft, and the Hinckley influence and south west location in the county meant in my formative, teenage years it was Cov...

in recent history with the acrimony and relative frequency of meetings I've grown to despise Derby and Walsh's winner against them in the play-offs is still my most celebrated goal of all time (how good is that 'Silence of the Rams' photo?!)

Spent six years in Nottingham before moving to Stockholm and my best mates in the town were Derby hating Forest fans and we formed a bit of an unholy alliance...one lad even coming to watch City against Derby on more than one occasion.....

I guess I dislike Derby most these days...but saying that Coventry is one of the shittiest towns in England...that reminds me..even got ditched by one girlfriend when she succumbed to the delights of Lanchester Poly....

it's a f**ckin' Ghost Town as sang by their only decent product the Specials ...a town of diluted Brummies with no style and no history apart from being bombed to f**k in the war and until they were relegated a misplaced sense of acheivement and a belief that they were a significant football club....I was gutted when they won the FA Cup and they've lived off it ever since..'Sky Blue Way' my arse!

Guess the real answer is I hate them all on match days so bring on the Sky Blue scum on Saturday....

foxin_oz

I'd love the chance to hate those inhabitants of Lesbos......

Knowing my luck my ship would get blown off course by a typhoon and I'd end up on the Isle of Man ... :icon_bigg

spionfox

Knowing my luck my ship would get blown off course by a typhoon and I'd end up on the Isle of Man ... :icon_bigg

Careful, they still have the birch for miscreants there :icon_wink

Hazzman

I have more of a dislike for Cockney clubs.

With me now being a one day resident of Cov, I hate their poxy club.

Derby, I have a member of the family who plays for em so some banter there.

Forest, well I think they have just became insignificant to ourselves. They loved it they nicked a 1-0 away win here, hate us when it suits.

Mikeoadby

I hate the trees - in the 70s my brother went to work on dog food in Melton and was "converted" - he even moved to Clifton. Thank God he's now in the good ol' US of A. One fewer trees supporter here!

Boy Genius

Banned
It is Covscum, cannot be anybody else.

Did anybody used to travel to the cov away game on the 658 bus from the old Newark bus station. Was always a good day on that.

Boy Genius

Banned
I hate the trees - in the 70s my brother went to work on dog food in Melton and was "converted" - he even moved to Clifton. Thank God he's now in the good ol' US of A. One fewer trees supporter here!

most used to go to work on an egg............:icon_bigg

highland fox

Did anybody used to travel to the cov away game on the 658 bus from the old Newark bus station. Was always a good day on that.

No we didn't Grandad..don't tell us..in them days it was all fields round them parts

Brauny Blue

Did anyone used to go in the pub near the ground at Highfield rd:102:. I cant recall its name but they used to let the covscum into one part of it and the city fans in the other half. You could say a pub of two halves:icon_bigg

partypiece

Did anyone used to go in the pub near the ground at Highfield rd:102:. I cant recall its name but they used to let the covscum into one part of it and the city fans in the other half. You could say a pub of two halves:icon_bigg

I went to it a couple of times. Actually seems strange it was allowed, though it was very close to the ground, the presence of police ensured i never saw anything kick off ever, just a good atmosphere!

partypiece

This is a hard question...when I first went down the City it was Forest...no question about it....the traditional and oldest rivals without a doubt.

Then I moved to Croft, and the Hinckley influence and south west location in the county meant in my formative, teenage years it was Cov...

in recent history with the acrimony and relative frequency of meetings I've grown to despise Derby and Walsh's winner against them in the play-offs is still my most celebrated goal of all time (how good is that 'Silence of the Rams' photo?!)

Spent six years in Nottingham before moving to Stockholm and my best mates in the town were Derby hating Forest fans and we formed a bit of an unholy alliance...one lad even coming to watch City against Derby on more than one occasion.....

I guess I dislike Derby most these days...but saying that Coventry is one of the shittiest towns in England...that reminds me..even got ditched by one girlfriend when she succumbed to the delights of Lanchester Poly....

it's a f**ckin' Ghost Town as sang by their only decent product the Specials ...a town of diluted Brummies with no style and no history apart from being bombed to f**k in the war and until they were relegated a misplaced sense of acheivement and a belief that they were a significant football club....I was gutted when they won the FA Cup and they've lived off it ever since..'Sky Blue Way' my arse!

Guess the real answer is I hate them all on match days so bring on the Sky Blue scum on Saturday....

Bobby Smith

Has to be C*v, more dangerous moments going there than anywhere.

Sadly have to report that I visited their lovely City centre a few weeks back. It wasn't as bad as I remember, they actually appear to be using what little heritage they have to it's potential, unlike our lot in Leicester who just knock it down and build shopping centres. I still ain't great like!

partypiece

Has to be C*v, more dangerous moments going there than anywhere.

Sadly have to report that I visited their lovely City centre a few weeks back. It wasn't as bad as I remember, they actually appear to be using what little heritage they have to it's potential, unlike our lot in Leicester who just knock it down and build shopping centres. I still ain't great like!

Just spent half an hour writing a submission ranting about Covscum and derby, but now i lost it grrrr!!

Anyone west of LFE/ Brauny sshould hate the Cov.
A bland concrete jungle, full to the brim with chavs.
At least Leicesters got its quaint parts...St. Martins area etc, New walk.
Dont recall Chavtown having anyting similar

jonahal32

living down in the depths of despair as i do, i think at this present time that plymouth would love to be our main rivals! they seem to hate us with a passion down here at the min ,cant understand why:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669