Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has done an excellent job at Everton. I hate all this 'he's finished as a top level manager' bollocks. People said that about Ranieri before he came to Leicester. Right club, right manager, right moment, that's all it takes. This absolute codswallop about managers being 'finished' is arbitrary. In his last two jobs at Bayern and Napoli, he had win ratios of 70% and 52%. He is hardly 'finished'. He's done a fab job at Everton working with what he's got. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Rodgers.

Bollocks. He'll be sacked by Everton before the end of next season.

****ing wibble.

I can't recall anyone saying finishing 5th now would be incredible.

It would be out second ever highest finish in about 140yrs though.

It's a fickle game. Had we had the second half of the season first (assuming he'd have survived that) followed by the first half of the season second, morale would be high and we'd all be singing Rodgers' name.

Truth is It's a bit of both: we have to look at our recent form and realise that something is wrong in that BR doesn't seem to be able to or want to play in a grittier way when needed; but also that we are guaranteed 5th place and it's a full 38 game season which is an excellent campaign overall.

To be fair to him, BR always said top 6 was the target and he's got us there with two matches to spare. He won't be sacked just yet. He needs a few more windows and some good players. I think he needs to recruit players who are better adapted at playing this system. Just a bit worried about Congerton. I miss Steve Walsh.

The thing that worries me most though, as I've said loads of times, is momentum. The end to this season might well cast a shadow over next, especially if this gutted feeling continues to creep around the minds of the fans and players. It will take a fully balanced, successful top 6 season to rid us of this feeling. Even if we're top at Xmas, we'll be feeling it.

Where are those monks who came in towards the end of 14/15? No, seriously.

Last edited:
Bollocks. He'll be sacked by Everton before the end of next season.
Ah. A reasoned and well evidenced response. Exactly as I expected. Which part do you disagree with? The factual statistics? The fact he's done an excellent job at Everton given the circumstances? The fact that people thought Ranieri was washed up before he won the Premier League? Or, as I suspect, is it that you value your own opinion above fact?

Ah. A reasoned and well evidenced response. Exactly as I expected. Which part do you disagree with? The factual statistics? The fact he's done an excellent job at Everton given the circumstances? The fact that people thought Ranieri was washed up before he won the Premier League? Or, as I suspect, is it that you value your own opinion above fact?

Here are some stats:

2 wins in 8 games - Those wins against Norwich and....well you guessed it
Draws with Southampton and Villa.
Twatted 3-0 by Wolves, 4-0 by Chelsea

As a manager averaging 1.6 PPG for Everton. Rodgers has 1.8 for us.

I'm not sure he's the right man for Everton or not, but I don't think you can say he objectively, definitively HAS. They are stuttering about as badly as we are since the restart.

Here are some stats:

I'm not sure he's the right man for Everton or not, but I don't think you can say he objectively, definitively HAS. They are stuttering about as badly as we are since the restart.

Was just about the post the same but you've done it better.

Nice to have some facts to put an argument to bed rather than just outlandish, baseless claims.

Also worth noting that his record also includes the new manger bounce so when you take that away, they've done worse than us.

Here are some stats:

So, you disagree with one of the points I made and disregarded or ignored the rest? I would argue that considering where they were when he came in and what he had to work with, he has done a fine job so far at Everton but of course, you've ignored that. The essence of my original post however, was a response to the assertion that he was, and I quote, 'finished as a top manager'. I will say once more, that we as supporters of this club, should know that comments such as these are idiotic cannot possibly be quantified. Whether he will be a success in the long term at Everton remains to be seen but he's certainly not 'finished'.

Nice to have some facts to put an argument to bed rather than just outlandish, baseless claims.

I used plenty of evidence to show that Ancelotti wasn't 'finished' as a top manager. Whether you choose to ignore them or not is completely up to you but that's not to say they aren't there. Do try to keep up.

Oh, and if we are talking only about Ancelotti at Everton, which wasn't my point but hey ho, it's worth noting that between joining them in December and the end of February, before the lockdown, Everton won more points than any other team in the league other than Liverpool. Lockdown may well have hindered this progress but, like I said, from where they were to where they are is a very good turnaround.

Oh, and if we are talking only about Ancelotti at Everton, which wasn't my point but hey ho, it's worth noting that between joining them in December and the end of February, before the lockdown, Everton won more points than any other team in the league other than Liverpool. Lockdown may well have hindered this progress but, like I said, from where they were to where they are is a very good turnaround.

much the same could be said of Rodgers of course.

So, you disagree with one of the points I made and disregarded or ignored the rest? I would argue that considering where they were when he came in and what he had to work with, he has done a fine job so far at Everton but of course, you've ignored that. The essence of my original post however, was a response to the assertion that he was, and I quote, 'finished as a top manager'. I will say once more, that we as supporters of this club, should know that comments such as these are idiotic cannot possibly be quantified. Whether he will be a success in the long term at Everton remains to be seen but he's certainly not 'finished'.

I used plenty of evidence to show that Ancelotti wasn't 'finished' as a top manager. Whether you choose to ignore them or not is completely up to you but that's not to say they aren't there. Do try to keep up.

Pop and Carlo sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

He has done an excellent job at Everton. I hate all this 'he's finished as a top level manager' bollocks. People said that about Ranieri before he came to Leicester. Right club, right manager, right moment, that's all it takes. This absolute codswallop about managers being 'finished' is arbitrary. In his last two jobs at Bayern and Napoli, he had win ratios of 70% and 52%. He is hardly 'finished'. He's done a fab job at Everton working with what he's got. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Rodgers.
He's done **** all there.

Personally think the lockdown came at the wrong time for us (is there a right time)
At the Villa game we were looking good. Getting a bit of confidence back.
How things have gone since the restart, I reckon some players are glad there aren’t any fans in the stadium

Oh, and if we are talking only about Rodgers at Leicester, which wasn't my point but hey ho, it's worth noting that between joining them in February (2019) and the end of February, before the lockdown, Leicester won more points than any other team in the league other than Liverpool and Man City. Lockdown may well have hindered this progress but, like I said, from where they were to where they are is a very good turnaround.

I'm genuinely not even that bothered having this argument.

I’m not his biggest fan but no, it can’t. Rodgers’ team has been underperforming for 3 months before lockdown. There is a stark difference.

What about compared to Ted's first 3 months here?

And if we want to move on to Bayern, they dominate that league much like a team in green and white do to theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669