Rodgers has gone

They’ll all say that, these tricky pundits. Them and the Foxes Trust

If you know, you know - and those wankers know the square root of **** all
Literally anyone who has been watching or tracking us for the last 18 months should have precisely 0 surprise.

You can blame “no spending” all you like but it isn’t that which insists on playing out from the back and overcomplicated frankly useless football. Agreed.

I just know they're gonna appoint an interim. Hassenhutl or Viera. Some crap like that.

I say bring in an interim with proven experience in keeping up a team, dirty, driven football. And then re-assess in the summer, unless

If we get relegated, this all comes down to the board's naivety.

They should've sacked him earlier.

They should've backed him in the market better.

Brendan couldn't arrest this latest slide and we played some useless nonsense. His arrogance and stubborn attitude was his own downfall.
He spent a fortune on some reet duffers, he didn’t deserve or earn the right to piss up the wall, more money.

3 games and we will be okay Villa are safe after their win against Chelski, hopefully we see a positive response from the players, I hope Stowell and his oppo don't continue the same dross and direction we have endured over the last 12 months.

What is the boards thinking? is it suck and see and if we stay up go for another highly rated manager or, if we are relegated move for an up and coming manager such as Mark Robins ( there are some decent young managers in the championship and league one) or someone abroad? I would love to know what the mutual consent was because I can not see where there would be any mutual consent given our situation.

We will probably know more when the likes of cags and Co speak out when they move on, one thing is for certain, Rodgers had to go and should have been removed after the first game of the season against Brentford, what he did was petulant and arrogant and the lack of action by our board set the tone for this season.

If you are challenged like that as a chairman you either grip it or allow the manager to continue his opposition to your management of your club Top chose the latter and we are where we are. I would piss myself if Spuds make a rapid move for him ( cue the return of his head of recruitment), he will do what he has done at every club, start well and then cock it up and blame everyone else around him.

He spent a fortune on some reet duffers, he didn’t deserve or earn the right to piss up the wall, more money.
James Justin, 8m
Ayoze Perez, 30m
Youri Tielemans, 40m
Dennis Praet, 18m
Timothy Castagne, 21m
Wesley Fofana, 30m (sold for 75 million)
Patson Daka, 27m
Boubakary Soumare, 17m
Ryan Bertrand, (free)
Jannik Vestergaar 15m
Faes 15m
Tete (loan)
Kristiansen 17m
Souttare 15m

I think he has spent around £253m and we sold Fofana for 75 million which I think gives his net spend as minus 178 million. Apparently he was offered the opportunity to keep the squad together at the back end of the season which he chose to do despite telling most of the squad to look for other jobs. Out of the list above I think he has a success rate of about 40% most notably Tielemans, Castagne, Justin and Fofana as real value and made huge impact to the first eleven.

The jury is out on FAES, Kristiansen and Souttare

Feels old school, seeing the news there in a text message alongside three missed calls from me old man because I was deeply into cooking a Sunday lunch.

Whilst I’m thrilled that this utterly contemptible fraud is out of the club, no one will be happier about this than the man himself.

He checked out a year ago at least. It’s a ****ing joke that it had to get to this point.

He didn't waste as much money as you think especially these last two seasons.

£48m was spent between Kristiansen, Souttar and Faes - all three have impressed so far.

Vestergaard and Betrand were shocking.

Daka has been underwhelming so far but shown some flashes. Soumare too.

Fofana was a top signing.

Lookman was a decent loan option and dare I say could've been a permanent signing had he been backed.

I agree that Brendan has showed stubbornness, arrogance and rubbish out in the pitch. But I'm not sure he's wasted a whole tonne of money, and he certainly should've been backed.

This rests with the board - sacked too late, backed too late.

James Justin, 8m
Ayoze Perez, 30m
Youri Tielemans, 40m
Dennis Praet, 18m
Timothy Castagne, 21m
Wesley Fofana, 30m (sold for 75 million)
Patson Daka, 27m
Boubakary Soumare, 17m
Ryan Bertrand, (free)
Jannik Vestergaar 15m
Faes 15m
Tete (loan)
Kristiansen 17m
Souttare 15m

I think he has spent around £253m and we sold Fofana for 75 million which I think gives his net spend as minus 178 million. Apparently he was offered the opportunity to keep the squad together at the back end of the season which he chose to do despite telling most of the squad to look for other jobs. Out of the list above I think he has a success rate of about 40% most notably Tielemans, Castagne, Justin and Fofana as real value and made huge impact to the first eleven.

The jury is out on FAES, Kristiansen and Souttare

I just don't think that this is the worst spending we've seen. Vestergaard was awful but everyone else has either been a success or meh.

Ayoze, Daka, Praet and Soumaré have been a bit meh but Ayoze had certainly played his part since we've signed him.

It's a strange one because other huge clubs have been in for Daka and Soumaré. Are they really that shit? Only time will tell.

I think we can judge some signings better when we see a new manager take over.

He didn't waste as much money as you think especially these last two seasons.

£48m was spent between Kristiansen, Souttar and Faes - all three have impressed so far.

Vestergaard and Betrand were shocking.

Daka has been underwhelming so far but shown some flashes. Soumare too.

Fofana was a top signing.

Lookman was a decent loan option and dare I say could've been a permanent signing had he been backed.

I agree that Brendan has showed stubbornness, arrogance and rubbish out in the pitch. But I'm not sure he's wasted a whole tonne of money, and he certainly should've been backed.

This rests with the board - sacked too late, backed too late.
Soumare
Bertrand
Vestergaard
Daka
Praet

All completely useless signings.

Perez, did okay and was a decent squad player but that's where it ends.

Justin
Castagne
Fofana
Souttar
Tielemans

All excellent signings.

Kristiansen
Faes

The jury is out.

I'd say his hit ratio is about 50/50, maybe slightly better if Faes and Kristiansen come good which is probably better than most managers at most clubs to be fair.

None of this matters though. It's not about who he did or didn't bring in, it's about the fact he turned very competent players into ****ing robotic drones who are incapable of thinking for themselves. That's been the real problem.

**** him.

Soumare
Bertrand
Vestergaard
Daka
Praet

All completely useless signings.

Perez, did okay and was a decent squad player but that's where it ends.

Justin
Castagne
Fofana
Souttar
Tielemans

All excellent signings.

Kristiansen
Faes

The jury is out.

I'd say his hit ratio is about 50/50, maybe slightly better if Faes and Kristiansen come good which is probably better than most managers at most clubs to be fair.

None of this matters though. It's not about who he did or didn't bring in, it's about the fact he turned very competent players into ****ing robotic drones who are incapable of thinking for themselves. That's been the real problem.

**** him.

You're right, none of it matters. I just wanted to gain some clarity on the whole "he pissed £200m up the wall" which is just not true.

He absolutely turned competent players into robots and it's unforgivable. I still blame the board - how did they not see that he should've been sacked ages ago?

We fecked it when we gave him that ludicrous contract in December 2019 because he told the club that Arsenal were sniffing around him.

From that moment, the power dynamic at the club was wrong. Rodgers was given too much control over the things that he knows next to nothing about. And so we proceed to feck up our medical and recruitment for years by enabling him to sack who he wanted and recruit who he wanted.

About a year ago, the penny dropped and we began to 'take back control' from Rodgers. Obviously, his reaction was to throw his toys out of the pram and begin to act the **** around the club. That was the second massive error from the club. We let him spread his poison for about a year without pulling him into line. And boy has that poison spread.

Throughout all this, Rodgers has just been Rodgers. His only priority is himself and his money hoovering life. The club were ripe for being fecked over by him and he well and truly did it. He will be smiling tonight.

We fecked it when we gave him that ludicrous contract in December 2019 because he told the club that Arsenal were sniffing around him.

From that moment, the power dynamic at the club was wrong. Rodgers was given too much control over the things that he knows next to nothing about. And so we proceed to feck up our medical and recruitment for years by enabling him to sack who he wanted and recruit who he wanted.

About a year ago, the penny dropped and we began to 'take back control' from Rodgers. Obviously, his reaction was to throw his toys out of the pram and begin to act the **** around the club. That was the second massive error from the club. We let him spread his poison for about a year without pulling him into line. And boy has that poison spread.

Throughout all this, Rodgers has just been Rodgers. His only priority is himself and his money hoovering life. The club were ripe for being fecked over by him and he well and truly did it. He will be smiling tonight.
Not a bad summary, if the board realised that he was wrecking the place why the hell did they not line up Dyche and sack Rodgers earlier? It just looks and feels like Top gave him far too much loyalty, hopefully Top and all those associated at the club learn from this debacle.

Glass is defo half full at the minute, the hard decision has been taken and I would prefer the chairman to take his time in appointing Rodgers successor, if we do that in the championship then so be it.

If they’d done it before that complete ****ing abomination yesterday, we could have had somebody in with a good period of time with the team before a match

And time to come up with a plan

But we didn’t, and pissed a couple of weeks down the shitter

Thought I would be happier but it really feels like we've left it too late.

Thanks for the FA cup Brendan. I look forward to the BR spin machine going in to full gear in the next few weeks about how awful the club/owners/players/fans are and how nothing was his fault.

Leicester City's fear of relegation saw Brendan Rodgers axed – just like Ranieri​

Brendan Rodgers' tenure at Leicester City is over with the club taking drastic action in a bid to halt their slide into the relegation zone

ByJohn Percy2 April 2023 • 5:06pm

Brendan Rodgers' four-year reign at Leicester is over

When Leicester City axed Claudio Ranieri nine months after winning the Premier League title, the decision was made amid fears the club were heading for inevitable relegation.

A little over six years later, history has repeated itself. Leicester have been left with no alternative but to part company with Brendan Rodgers because they are convinced the alarming nosedive in results will end with the drop.

Rodgers’ departure by mutual agreement is only a surprise in the timing, with 10 games remaining to save the club from relegation to the Championship.

Supporters have been demanding change for over 18 months, and it is probably the Europa League defeat by struggling Legia Warsaw in Sept 2021 that can now be regarded as the turning point.

Leicester did try to give Rodgers time to turn the situation around. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, the chairman, has come under scrutiny for his delay in taking action, but the truth is that he still had faith in Rodgers. He felt the risk in making a change was too great and could have a detrimental effect.
That faith finally disappeared after Leicester’s late defeat at Crystal Palace, and Rodgers was summoned for talks before a recovery session on Sunday.

The last 12 months or so have been excruciating. Rodgers had frequently spoken of his desire for a “healthy shake-up” of the squad, but funds were limited in the summer amid fears over Financial Fair Play breaches.

Leicester also adopted the stance that Rodgers had been generously backed in the summer of 2021. They could not risk signing two or three more players last year who turn out to be bad buys, while also adding to an already bloated squad.

Though Leicester signed Wout Faes for £15m, after the sale of Wesley Fofana to Chelsea, Rodgers’ mood was dark on deadline day.

After the home defeat by Manchester United his comments over a lack of backing angered the hierarchy.
They argued that Rodgers should be doing better with the team he had available. In their view, it was not a set of players that should be anywhere near the bottom of the table, and that remains the view now.
It was a tricky position for Rodgers to be in: he had made it quite clear that he wanted new signings but had to rely on players that he did not rate. Caglar Soyuncu and Boubakary Soumare were two players he did not want in his squad.

The departure of Kasper Schmeichel to Nice left Rodgers with Wales international goalkeeper Danny Ward, who is not good enough at this level.

Rodgers was backed in January with the funds generated from Fofana’s sale, but despite an initial uplift in form Leicester have gone seven games without a win.

It has only seemed a matter of time for weeks. Rodgers has appeared frequently downbeat, and negative in interviews. Team selection has been unpredictable. Training sessions are alleged to have been repetitive and boring with some players.

Rodgers' decision to give the squad last week off, in the first week of the international break, was a huge surprise to many senior officials at the club, considering the perilous position.

Many supporters have always felt convinced that Rodgers was only using Leicester as a stepping stone to a bigger club. There has never seemed any real affection between him and the fanbase, despite the exhilarating football in his first two full seasons.

This season, Rodgers has looked as if he wanted putting out of his misery. There is a reasonable argument that most managers have a life-span of three years until players need a new voice and direction.

To complete four years at this level, as I wrote in February, is an achievement that cannot be overestimated.

He has been isolated at times, and the lone voice. Srivaddhanaprabha writes a column in the programme but chief executive Susan Whelan and director of football Jon Rudkin have not spoken with the English press since Claudio Ranieri’s unveiling in July 2015.

There will be many pundits and neutrals who repeat the old tropes of ‘be careful for what you wish for’ and ‘it’s only Leicester, what do they expect’?

These should be ignored, for the people who actually pay the money to watch games have been frustrated for months, or longer.

Perhaps Rodgers should have gone earlier, for it has to be remembered that those first two and a half years were special. He did not deserve the situation to become so toxic.

He will return, most probably in the Premier League, and the chance to recharge will be good for him.

Now the change has come and Leicester are locked in a 10-game shootout for survival.
The prospect of Championship football does not bear thinking about.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563