Rugby World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You popping down to Claggan Park for this clash?

I might try :icon_bigg

Record attendance at Claggan Park is 1,500, despite the ground being able to hold 4,000.

Its been playing at the end of the month...it will be snowed off:102:

I guess fixture congestion is a probelm come June normally.

The pitch is virtually next to Ben Nevis,I think they tend to switch most matches to te opponents grounds.Wouldn't make any difference they would lose wherever they play:102:

Careful Mk you might appear Racist to anyone who is just viewing the board as a Guest and thinking of joining.:102:
I think you've done that already hf....
:icon_wink

Wales v Australia

Why is this being played in Cardiff ??:icon_conf Called me old fashioned but is that not a bit unfair:102:

What is Scotland's first sport then, if football is second?

Or do you think 'junior football' is a different sport to football?

In part it was a joke but I mentioned it seperately because of it's lack of recognisation by many - unknown that such leagues exist to many in England with bigger crowds than the Scottish 1st/2nd Division. There also seems to be a lack of vocal fanbase at such clubs - it's like a lighthearted pastime.

Shinty's popular in the Highlands :icon_wink

Last edited:
In part it was a joke but I mentioned it seperately because of it's lack of recognisation by many - unknown that such leagues exist to many in England with bigger crowds than the Scottish 1st/2nd Division.

It's low level Scottish football, how much recognition are we supposed to give them?

Clubs like Hinckley Utd and Nuneaton can also get bigger crowds than clubs in the Scottish 1st/2nd division. I'm sure few football fans in Scotland know anything about them, and why should they?

In part it was a joke but I mentioned it seperately because of it's lack of recognisation by many - unknown that such leagues exist to many in England with bigger crowds than the Scottish 1st/2nd Division. There also seems to be a lack of vocal fanbase at such clubs - it's like a lighthearted pastime.

Shinty's popular in the Highlands :icon_wink

Shinty is very popular,I don't understand it and besides it looks awfully rough:icon_lol:

Wales v Australia

Why is this being played in Cardiff ??:icon_conf Called me old fashioned but is that not a bit unfair:102:
Wales and Scotland voted for France to host the WC in return for some home fixtures, doesn't seem quite right but there you go.

England woeful, the next game against Samoa will decide if we go through or not. We should beat them even despite being in poor form but they can certainly hit hard.

Ireland could well go out too

Wales and Scotland voted for France to host the WC in return for some home fixtures, doesn't seem quite right but there you go.

England woeful, the next game against Samoa will decide if we go through or not. We should beat them even despite being in poor form but they can certainly hit hard.

Ireland could well go out too

Ireland were even worse than England if that were possible. It will be tough for them to qualify.

Thankfully for England, Samoa are even worse than we are so we should get past them in the same style as Ireland got past Georgia. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Thankfully for England, Samoa are even worse than we are so we should get past them in the same style as Ireland got past Georgia. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Samoa somehow scored points against SA and have the strength to do so against us.

Don't try and make excuses Steve, we are utter dogshite at Rugger Union atm. 4 years of mismanagement evident on the world stage.

Samoa somehow scored points against SA and have the strength to do so against us.

Don't try and make excuses Steve, we are utter dogshite at Rugger Union atm. 4 years of mismanagement evident on the world stage.

No excuses, England are crap. Just that in our group Samoa and Tonga are just slightly worse. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669